Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers v Liverpool

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    If Rovers got the gig and they get some money, fair play to them. That they have to play the role of the Washington Generals to Liverpools Globetrotters is just something every club has to put up with to make a few bob. Equivalent to , but not as bad as, Shels and then Bohs, playing TV`s " The Dream Team. You take the money, go along with the hype, but just feel a bit dirty afterwards

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    surely the flat rate that you are suggesting will depend on how many people are in the ground , cant see them getting the same flat rate if there's only a few thousand at it !!!!
    I don't think you understand the concept of flat rate
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I don't think you understand the concept of flat rate
    flat rate sounds great if its sold out , if theres a 1000 fans there then that flat rate wont cover the lights for the night never mind pay both clubs !!! do the fcuking maths here !!! Rovers will get a % of ticket sales like the
    fai and liverpool will get a rate for coming over !!!!
    Last edited by moonman; 27/03/2014 at 10:52 AM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Rovers won't get a percentage of ticket sales. There won't be anything like 1000 at the game, so covering costs isn't an issue. Throw Rovers E20k (or whatever keeps them happy, and best of luck to them with it obviously) and keep the rest of the money for Liverpool/the FAI.

Why should Rovers get more the more people pay in? This isn't Rovers' game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    flat rate sounds great if its sold out , if theres a 1000 fans there then that flat rate wont cover the lights for the night never mind pay both clubs !!! do the fcuking maths here !!! Rovers will get a % of ticket sales like the
    fai and liverpool will get a rate for coming over !!!!
    You're still not getting it. Rovers will probably get paid even before the game takes place. I't will make no difference to them if there's 100 there or 50,000. The gamble with how many people show up is on the FAI's shoulders.

Let's for arguments sake say Rovers are getting €30,000. If 100 people show up they still get that €30,000 if 50,000 show up they still get €30,000
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    You're still not getting it. Rovers will probably get paid even before the game takes place. I't will make no difference to them if there's 100 there or 50,000. The gamble with how many people show up is on the FAI's shoulders.

Let's for arguments sake say Rovers are getting €30,000. If 100 people show up they still get that €30,000 if 50,000 show up they still get €30,000
    so the fai will shell out more money to both clubs then what there going to take in , no wonder the country is fcuked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    so the fai will shell out more money to both clubs then what there going to take in
    I can't even begin to fathom the jump in logic that has led to that conclusion. Could you elaborate a bit?

If it's twenty quid a ticket and Rovers' fee is E20k, then the first 1000 people through the gates pay Rovers' fee. Do you think the crowd will end there? Do you think a club like Liverpool - who've played these kind of games in other countries - have no grasp of the economics involved?

A percentage fee for Rovers would be more expensive than a flat fee, and that defeats the point of this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I can't even begin to fathom the jump in logic that has led to that conclusion. Could you elaborate a bit?

If it's twenty quid a ticket and Rovers' fee is E20k, then the first 1000 people through the gates pay Rovers' fee. Do you think the crowd will end there? Do you think a club like Liverpool - who've played these kind of games in other countries - have no grasp of the economics involved?

A percentage fee for Rovers would be more expensive than a flat fee, and that defeats the point of this game.
    look to be honest ive lost interest here , i couldnt care if no body turns up , either way i wont be given my money to rovers or the fai to see 2 depleted teams play a game of ball that no player on show has any interest in playing !!! i.d rather pay money to the 2 fai junior cup finalists who play a few weeks later at the same venue !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    You could just acknowledge that we're right rather than go completely off tangent. It'd save on exclamation marks too.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Even though it's probably an appearance fee, the bottom line is that it's a nice little earner for Rovers, they'll probably get more from this than they would winning the setanta cup.

The FAI just needed someone to play, they clearly don't give a damn beyond that.

Although the likes of Pats might feel aggrieved that they were overlooked for the game as champions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    You could just acknowledge that we're right rather than go completely off tangent. It'd save on exclamation marks too.
    wait and see what figures come out , already said earlier that the world cup players wouldn't travel and got shot down only to be proved right by a statement which was released by liverpool and when these figures come out after the 14th I,m sure ill be right again !!!!!!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Moonman living up to his name here.

Realistically, this will sell out for no other reason than it's in the Aviva and the possibility they'll play some stars. That alone will attract a lot of people who wouldn't bother going to see Manchster United XI in Tallaght or Liverpool XI at UCD. It's a shame it's not being advertised as Shamrock Rovers XI as I'd be surprised if it was even as strong as Rovers' Setanta team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Moonman living up to his name here.

Realistically, this will sell out for no other reason than it's in the Aviva and the possibility they'll play some stars. That alone will attract a lot of people who wouldn't bother going to see Manchster United XI in Tallaght or Liverpool XI at UCD. It's a shame it's not being advertised as Shamrock Rovers XI as I'd be surprised if it was even as strong as Rovers' Setanta team.
    chin up charlie , no harm in bowing down to a cork man !! on a serious note id rather see a full venue on the 25th of may for the junior final and the money given to these clubs than to liverpool who dont exactly need it !!!
    support your own as they say !!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Or how about the people who want to see Liverpool pay to see that and the people who want to see junior football pay to see that, and we use any money to progress the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The details aren't ever going to be officially released so calm down on the "I'll be proved right" BS

All we know is that Rovers will make a good few quid out of the game and that there'll be at least 30,000 people there (I think it'll sell out).
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    charlie ,yes keeping the money in this country and improving our game is vital !! dodge to be honest with out the big guns travelling I cant see this selling out but you never know , if they come as league champions it could be a different story but either way a great coup for rovers if it draws a big crowd !!!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    ..... but either way a great coup for rovers if it draws a big crowd !!!
    Brilliant!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I've always reckoned that, after Celtic barstoolers, the Liverpool barstoolers are the dumbest.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Who organised this anyway? If it wasn't Rovers themselves then why Rovers rather than for example Pats as the Champions? For the record I'm not at all bothered which LOI team is involved (unless they want Longford!). Just curious.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Who organised this anyway? If it wasn't Rovers themselves then why Rovers rather than for example Pats as the Champions? For the record I'm not at all bothered which LOI team is involved (unless they want Longford!). Just curious.
    Warrior maybe???

24. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast