Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Rams and Opposition Irish

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    1-1 with 10 minutes to go. Hendrick and McLaughlin both on the field now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    1-1 with 10 minutes to go. Hendrick and McLaughlin both on the field now.
    Finished 2-1 to Forest. 90th minute winner.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Awful goalkeeping.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/17463-keogh/

Keogh getting a slating for having a go at teammates (Christie in particular) and blaming them for his own mistakes.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I was thinking Forest might win this but then I changed my mind, local Derbys can be tricky.
    Probably just a blip for Forest though, the need Reid back.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "For me he remains far too error prone, had chance to clear the free kick and didn't, falling to the ground in his own box far too easily and then failed to close down the shot for the winner at the end. Can play well for large parts of the game but always likely to have vulnerable lapses."

I hate that but you find the arrogance of footballers like keogh always blaming others to try and cover their own mistakes.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Key-oh did back off way too much on Osborn for the winner, allowing him into the box before he slammed that shot.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    It's fun quoting from a fan's forum.

"Buxton was crap as well. He turns into a pub footballer against Forest."
    "Buxton was our best defender in that game."

"The incident you mention was poor from Keogh in that he shouldn't ultimately have passed but he (Keogh) was having a go at Christie for not showing for the ball Christie was staying behind/too close to the defender."

"Keogh had a bad game ok.
    Still captained us to top of the league before 12.15 today. Does that count for nothing."

I do appreciate that there was a ? missing, but I'll make allowances .
    Last edited by geysir; 17/01/2015 at 11:37 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Out of four pages of comments, you virtually highlighted the only ones that defended him.

Lest it look like I (and the majority of Derby fans) are being hard on him, it would be remiss not to mention that Hendrick's form over the last few weeks, maybe even months, has been bang average - after starting the season well.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Yes Keogh without backed off for the winner. Something he should never have done in that situation. The player in possession of the football is the most dangerous player so go to him not stand off and invite him to have a pop. Keeper didn't cover himself in glory either. I was shocked how poor Derby played. Never in it in the second half.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Keogh and Buxton will have to be on their toes now that Derby have signed Raúl Albentosa from La Liga outfit, Eibar. He is a 26 year old centre back. I don't know anything about him otherwise. Any La Liga experts around? Is Eamon Dunphy on Twitter?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    The disappointing thing I found about that game was not Keogh but Jeff Hendrick who made little or no impression in the second half when he came on. Nice to see Andy Reid in the stand in his Forest shirt celebrating the last minute winner by his team.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    The reason he didn't start the game was because he had a head injury. His form hasn't been great since the Scotland match though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Derby went back into the automatics last night with a 2-0 win over Blackburn. They are now trailing Bournemouth only on goal difference at the top.

As TOWK mentioned, Christie was dropped to the bench last night, replaced at right back by Ryan Shotton. Christie had been an ever present this season and maybe the games are just catching up with him a little, as he wasn't quite as impressive in the recent televised matches. Shotton is probably a better defender, as you would expect for a player of his experience, but Christie is more dynamic going forward, or at least he was a month or two ago. I wonder if McClaren might go with the safety first option for a few games as a player of Shotton's experience could be invaluable in the run in. He had been playing at centre back earlier in the season but he's probably fourth choice for those positions now.

Keogh was supposed to have been excellent last night, dealing with everything that came at him and leading by example. It was Derby's sixth clean sheet in seven matches.

Hendrick's form seems to be after taking a turn for the better in the last couple of games. He did a job on the right last night, presumably when Darren Bent came on and they went with two up front. McClaren must be happy enough with him as he's, in effect, keeping Craig Bryson out of the team now. George Thorne is nearing a return from injury also so competition for places is going to be fairly intense.

Both Hendrick and Keogh came in for some specific praise from their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McClaren
    Jeff (Hendrick) did a great job on the right
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McClaren
    Omar also made some great blocks throughout the game. He was excellent tonight, as were Richard Keogh and Jake Buxton
    dcfc.co.uk

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I get Vietnam like flashbacks every time I see my name mentioned in a post.

Good to see Keogh & Hendrick doing well. Good night for the Irish in the Championship yesterday. Forde, Westwood, Randolph, Dunne, Kelly, Pearce & Keogh all kept clean sheets. Sammon & Green scored.

Randolph, in particular, has one of the best saves to shots ratios in the division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Keogh not playing so well of late, a lot of Derby fans saying he should be dropped for Albentosa, who they have barely seen play I'd assume. The biggest problem I'd imagine is that Thorne and Eustace are both out injured, their only holding midfield players with presence and strength. Their midfield is lightweight without those two, but they tend to get away with it at home where Mascarell seems to excel. The also have Chris Martin and Darren Bent injured so they've no recognised striker available, no coincidence they've drawn two blanks in a row.

Christie was taken off at half time at the weekend and played no part last night. He came in for slight criticism from McClaren who complained of a lack of overlapping from his full backs. It was probably a good thing for Christie that they fared no better without him. They have a must win game at home to Birmingham at the weekend before two massive games against their automatic promotion rivals, Norwich and Middlesbrough. I think Martin is expected back for those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Missed out on a chance to go top after Birmingham scored two injury time goals at Pride Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    My buddy was freaking! Think the ref played seven minutes injury time after the board said a minimum of three. Derby dominated for eighty minutes if you're to believe a very biased source. At least they got lucky with results elsewhere, none more so than their old foes doing them a second good turn in a fortnight.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    That league is unreal for teams getting into a good position and then being unable to buy a result for ages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Derby 1-0 down to Norwich. 17 goals conceded in their last ten games. It's not promotion form.

Middlesbrough won, Bournemouth winning heavily again, Watford comfortably winning again, Norwich looking good under Alex Neil..

I would really worry for Derby & Ipswich's promotion aspirations.

On the brightside, Brentford are still in the mix despite the Warburton furore and Wes Hoolahan is at the forefront for Norwich again.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast