Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Even allowing for the short travelling distance, it was probably a difficult one for a lot of people to make. You're basically writing off your entire Monday evening, which is difficult for people with families to do.
    Yep very true. And athlone have only 2 home games in April. Both on Mondays. Cheers fixture computer cheers a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    reports on galwayunitedfc.net of approx 150 in Terryland for LC v Mayo league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Yep very true. And athlone have only 2 home games in April. Both on Mondays. Cheers fixture computer cheers a lot!
    Just noticed this. Absolute jokeshop. Bohs and Dundalk. What would of potentially been massive crowds will probably be severely affected by this.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Is that all? Look alot better than that. Surprised. Im sure we will more than make up for it Friday night.
    Looked a lot less to me we brought around 40-50 with us and the home end was virtually empty. 328 actually isn't a bad crowd for a Monday night LC game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Do Athlone have much advertising around the AIT campus these days? There's a huge number of foreign students in there who do nothing but chat about, and play football. When I was there, a great number of them didn't even know there was a team in Athlone. A market for Athlone Town to break into. Especially with those Monday night games, when the attendance won't be too great, an idea would be to go into college during the day and hand out hundreds of complimentary student tickets for one night. Not making any loss when they wouldn't have been there otherwise, and could make a few quid off merch and snack sales.

You can thank me later.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Just noticed this. Absolute jokeshop. Bohs and Dundalk. What would of potentially been massive crowds will probably be severely affected by this.
    Agree it's not ideal, but having both early in the season means you will have both at home again later in the season. Plus you never know, the novelty factor of both first visiting in a PD game might bring a decent away support.

Edit just checked, you have Bohs at home again in Sept and DLK in Oct, both should be Friday nights.
    Last edited by oriel; 12/03/2014 at 10:09 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    The Dundalk game is on Easter Monday, whether that makes any difference either way.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Agree that foreign students should be a target market for Athlone (all LoI clubs). I always used to notice a group of them in Terryland back in the Galway Utd days. Did not spot any last friday but some could have been in the fairly big crowd. Last year at Richmond Park for Pats v Bohs a group of approx 20 Dutch students on college trip to Ireland where in attendance. I got talking to a few of them on the bus back into town and they told me they went on their own accord after finding out there was a Dublin derby on. Never asked the groups I saw in Terryland who, if anyone recommended they sample the league of Ireland (many in Galway would have been American).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Do Athlone have much advertising around the AIT campus these days? There's a huge number of foreign students in there who do nothing but chat about, and play football. When I was there, a great number of them didn't even know there was a team in Athlone. A market for Athlone Town to break into. Especially with those Monday night games, when the attendance won't be too great, an idea would be to go into college during the day and hand out hundreds of complimentary student tickets for one night. Not making any loss when they wouldn't have been there otherwise, and could make a few quid off merch and snack sales.

You can thank me later.
    Nigel never mind the AIT, the club havent even a single poster up in town for the game Friday. Worse and worse it is getting and alot of people are getting ****ed off. Our biggest game in years and not one bloody poster. Build up to the game has been pathetic. Only for our fans page there would be little to no mention of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Is there no signs up?

Our attendance at the weekend is likely to be very good although a lot will be Rovers fans but I do expect us to well break last season with maybe 2500+. But we could be doing so much better.

Most of the people coming Friday are the same who came at the end of last year. It's great to be back and there is a bit of a buzz but i feel it could be more. There is still a lot of people who have zero interest and dont have a clue that the season has started again.

As someone said there is a chance to pull in another 100-200 people from AIT this weekend if they just gave away a few free tickets. A fiver spent in the shop off each of themm is 500-1000 euro in revenue. A decent percentage of that will get hooked and come back with their tenners and pay at the gate.

Is there any posters up like the back end of last year? I wouldnt mind sticking a few around but its a bit late at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    very poor athlone crowd. only for the section o lads there would have being no atmosphere! wonder has the wrong team being promoted?
    Cold Monday night. 2 days since last game. Most of the town didn't know it was on.

I was disappointed at first thoughts but then again League cup games arnt really known for pulling attendances out of the bag. Even in England attendances are down hugely for early round league cup games.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterc1992 View Post
    Is there no signs up?

Is there any posters up like the back end of last year? I wouldnt mind sticking a few around but its a bit late at this stage.
    Nope and nope. Myself and a few others had to put up the posters last year. Club done nothing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Is Athlone a members club or is it owned by a private company/individuals. The lack of promotion is really bad, and unbelievable after such a good season last year. I know that people will say that with the proliferation of media these days that anybody likely to be interested is already aware of the big game, but people still need a little nudge often to make a decision, and a few posters/leaflet drop or free/discounted tickets etc could add a fair number to fridays crowd.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atfconline View Post
    The Dundalk game is on Easter Monday, whether that makes any difference either way.
    That should mean we will bring a decent crowd (decent number wise, the scummers that will be with us not so much decent)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    610 at Waterford v Galway

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    1793 at Athlone v Shamrock R, official.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    1793 at Athlone v Shamrock R, official.
    Score.ie had 793. Glad now I didn't post that comment critising the attendance for their 1st home game in Premier for 18 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Still poor considering Shams prob brought 4-500?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Certainly, I'd say most Athlone fans would have hoped to see closer to a sell out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    I wouldn't be happy if I was an Athlone fan. Why aren't the club putting more effort into marketing the club? Nothing only bitching and fighting on the fan pages too.They were not expecting to go up and it looks as if they are a bit lost now. If they stay up this year, then they might start pulling away because there is great potential, but I don't see it happening! Pity, if we go up, I'd want them to be there too!

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast