Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 Qualifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Euro 2016 Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    27 teams progress, another 10-15 (fourth and fifth seeds) will feel they have an outside chance. Granted NI were rubbish in the current and previous tournaments, but if you win more games than lose, as we did in 2008 and 2010 then third place is very gettable. As indeed it is for the current FIFA-ranked 33rd country in Europe.

It really isn't as others have explained above. They could also have added that England's second seed Switzerland had an even better record in the current tournament.

You do realise that Sweden managed 20 points in current qualifying to Scotland's 11? What else is your opinion based on?

Some of them do have a rather better understanding of how international football works than you've demonstrated in the last few posts...

That's one analysis- another is that obvious trolls and wind-ups are tolerated more briefly on some sites than others. For the record, there is a modest annual fee (currently £5) to gain access to some areas of the site, eg archives for previous tournaments and travel arrangements for future away games. I understand something similar has been considered here, albeit set at a higher level.

It's true that most regular posters- like NI fans generally- are broadly unionist. Fancy that. What did you expect, a Polish-speaking caucus? Parity of esteem for embittered border culchie Nordic exiles?

Now now. I'm confident OWC would not merely tolerate and respect but welcome your own contribution, if it ever progressed from extended and self-important sneers?
    Is your life really that unfulfilling that you post 1,487 comments on a forum for a country you don't support, little guy?

And having just sifted through your (mostly) political and generally harebrained comments on this website, you have some cheek saying that.

Would usually mastur.... Maybe you should stick to that? Or at least stick to your own forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Is your life really that unfulfilling that you post 1,487 comments on a forum for a country you don't support, little guy?
    Just think of me as your sub-editor, big boy

Look, if you're going to dish it out it's probably a good idea not to post nonsense. Makes you look a bit silly.

To save you analysing my posts any further, they tend to answer the recurring theme of 'let's take over [the] NI [team] even though they're rubbish and most of the fans are sectarian bigots. I sub-contract out the detail to a willing team of elves.

Should you progress to moderating or owning this site, go right ahead and kick me off.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    Just think of me as your sub-editor, big boy

Look, if you're going to dish it out it's probably a good idea not to post nonsense. Makes you look a bit silly.

To save you analysing my posts any further, they tend to answer the recurring theme of 'let's take over [the] NI [team] even though they're rubbish and most of the fans are sectarian bigots. I sub-contract out the detail to a willing team of elves.

Should you progress to moderating or owning this site, go right ahead and kick me off.
    Such vitriol.... Build a bridge, little guy. It is the year 2014. People can play for who they want to play for and babbling and whining about it isn't going to change anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Come gather 'round Gather round
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the International waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon
    You'll be depleted to the bone
    If Chris Brunt to you
    Is worth savin'
    Then allegiances you better start switchin'
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Less of the WUMming TOWK.

Foot.ie is a welcoming place. We accept all sorts. But we don't deal in wumming. You don't wanna be the next TiocfaidhArmani.

Nothing GR said was out of order.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Less of the WUMming TOWK.

Foot.ie is a welcoming place. We accept all sorts. But we don't deal in wumming. You don't wanna be the next TiocfaidhArmani.

Actually, I think politics and sectarianism should be kept out of the forum and there should be zero tolerance for anyone that trades in it.

And Bonnie, I would accept that coming from pretty much everyone else but you obviously have a problem with me already based on one or two comments in the past so I don't think you are exactly impartial. No offense intended.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 23/02/2014 at 10:29 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Actually, I think politics and sectarianism should be kept out of the forum and there should be zero tolerance for anyone that trades in it
    But GR doesn't bring secretarianism into it and I think most people here would concur with that. He's never wummed or tried to stir up any sort of bigotry, which is why he's always welcome here. We do, however, feel that he is fundamentally misguided in his belief that the IFA understands FIFA's own laws and regulations better than FIFA istelf, however it is a sincerely held belief and he's treated with the respect he's shown us. There have been the odd OWC wum on here, and the odd republican wum too, in the past and they've been politely told where to go but he's not one of them.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I don't want to go round in circles with this as it is off topic. But despite your sensible contributions you have a penchant for being overly stubborn.

I have no problem with you. I have a problem with your attitude sometimes. GRs contributions on this forum have by and large been worthwhile so when a regular contributor such as himself does nothing wrong and you criticise him after he dismantled your post and then follow it up with a contribution slagging of NI then of course I'll call you on it.

Don't forget dude, you jumped at geysir earlier whilst a couple of minutes of thinking may have led you to the promised land of copping on to what he said.

Just calm down. No one is out to get you but reign it in please. There's a reason most of us have stuck around here for so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    But GR doesn't bring secretarianism into it and I think most people here would concur with that. He's never wummed or tried to stir up any sort of bigotry, which is why he's always welcome here. We do, however, feel that he is fundamentally misguided in his belief that the IFA understands FIFA's own laws and regulations better than FIFA istelf, however it is a sincerely held belief and he's treated with the respect he's shown us. There have been the odd OWC wum on here, and the odd republican wum too, in the past and they've been politely told where to go but he's not one of them.
    OK but he showed me a complete lack of respect which was unprovoked in my book so I don't know why I should show him anyway. I thought I was being light hearted anyways and in fairness he was being light hearted back.

I didn't think the WUM thing was that malicious on my part. I just don't see the fundamental point of someone registering on a forum and spending over 75% of his time complaining about players democratic and legal right to choose what country they want to play for.

It's akin to me signing up on OWC and complaining about Rory Donnelly, Ryan McLaughlin and Chris Baird not declaring for us and complaining about NI not doing enough to stamp out the ugly atmosphere around their International games until they felt threatened by a section of their players defecting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I don't want to go round in circles with this as it is off topic. But despite your sensible contributions you have a penchant for being overly stubborn.

I have no problem with you. I have a problem with your attitude sometimes. GRs contributions on this forum have by and large been worthwhile so when a regular contributor such as himself does nothing wrong and you criticise him after he dismantled your post and then follow it up with a contribution slagging of NI then of course I'll call you on it.

Don't forget dude, you jumped at geysir earlier whilst a couple of minutes of thinking may have led you to the promised land of copping on to what he said.

Just calm down. No one is out to get you but reign it in please. There's a reason most of us have stuck around here for so long.
    I can be stubborn and I can be wrong. I admit both of those two things but there was no need for Gather round to be so snide and rude in some of his comments. I genuinely think that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Well, bar that bit about Fly and myself being obvious trolls!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...899_7504_n.jpg

Actually, I think politics and sectarianism should be kept out of the forum and there should be zero tolerance for anyone that trades in it.
    Politics can tend to colour certain discussions just as they colour all aspects of life in general, including sport, but, thankfully, GR doesn't trade in sectarianism. I don't know what you thought was vitriolic about what he said above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The difference is that Adam is an accepting sort and foot.ie is a democracy with a ruler who has an iron fist.

You'd not be allowed near OWC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Danny, you're the biggest troll of all. How dare you highlight the rules and regs re eligibility. Danny you wum!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Well, bar that bit about Fly and myself being obvious trolls!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...899_7504_n.jpg

Politics can tend to colour certain discussions just as they colour all aspects of life in general, including sport, but, thankfully, GR doesn't trade in sectarianism. I don't know what you thought was vitriolic about what he said above.
    In all fairness, that is pretty low.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    OK but he showed me a complete lack of respect which was unprovoked in my book so I don't know why I should show him anyway. I thought I was being light hearted anyways and in fairness he was being light hearted back.

I didn't think the WUM thing was that malicious on my part. I just don't see the fundamental point of someone registering on a forum and spending over 75% of his time complaining about players democratic and legal right to choose what country they want to play for.
    So what if he spends his time complaining about the rules? It's his opinion and as long as he treats people respectfully that's no problem with anyone. What he said to you isn't something that hasn't been said to him many times on here. It's the nature of debate - you assume people are being genuine unless they suggest otherwise, which is why accusing people of wumming is out of order.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Ignore GR...
    Known him for years and his real views, whilst not the most extreme, are nothing like his 'persona' on here...

But still not worthy of further debate.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    You don't wanna be the next TiocfaidhArmani..
    Why?

What did he do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Was TiocfaidhArmani banned?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

It's akin to me signing up on OWC and complaining about Rory Donnelly, Ryan McLaughlin and Chris Baird not declaring for us and complaining about NI not doing enough to stamp out the ugly atmosphere around their International games until they felt threatened by a section of their players defecting.
    Life would be very boring. Your life would be too if you surrounded yourself with that.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Was TiocfaidhArmani banned?

Not according to his profile.

http://foot.ie/members/16067-TiocfaidhArmani

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast