Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick FC Independent Supporters Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Smile Limerick FC Independent Supporters Club

Hi Lads,
    Just letting people aware of the newly formed Independent Supporters Club. The independent supporters club hopes to provide a genuine voice for fans for any interests they may have in matters relating to Limerick FC, including the Markets Field and Bruff projects and the future direction of the club. We'll be publishing the 'Out on a Lim' fanzine once again, plus we have a number of other things in the offing. We also hope to work with other fan groups such as the Blue Army Loyalty Club with regards to travel to Limerick FC games - The Big St. Pats Day Out has just been announced so hopefully it will be well supported.

If any Limerick FC fan is interested in joining the ISC, the ISC committee or would like to contribute to the fanzine or in any other way, please feel free to contact us. All supporters are welcome.

Membership details for 2014 are below. Membership forms will be available by the end of the week. To help people out with costs, anyone who has already joined the OSC or the Blue Army Loyalty Club for 2014 can join the ISC for €5 until 31st March:

Adult €10
    Student €5
    U16 €5
    Family (2 adults + 2 U16) €20
    Family (1 adult + 2 U16) €15
    Blue Army Loyalty Club Members €5 (until 31/03/14)
    OSC members €5 (until 31/03/13)

You can find us on facebook and twitter via the links below.
    facebook.com/limerickisc
    twitter.com/lfcisc

Cheers

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Why have an independent supporters club when there already is an osc,is there a bit of a rift????
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Hopefully this one will actually do something.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    The Peoples Front Of Judea

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I saw this thread and I said I'd give it two days before someone made the The Life Of Brian reference.

The internet, eh??

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Seriously though, is there an issue?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    No issue.

Being Independent gives a supporters club greater scope for opinions and fundraising stuff, that's about size of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I saw this thread and I said I'd give it two days before someone made the The Life Of Brian reference.

The internet, eh??
    I saw this thread about three seconds before I typed it. How did you resist man ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Popular Peoples Front of Judea!!
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    There's no issue lads, a few of us just made our minds up to exit the OSC and go independent for a number of reasons but mainly as we felt it was important going forward to have an independent SC.

2014 Membership form can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/1bNcoMI or from the Members Form tab on our Facebook page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Not trying to be awkward but give some reasons why people should pay over there e10 to join any supporters club,what are plans or year etc.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    It's a perfectly reasonable question Dutchie.

Hi lads, for your tenner (or fiver or whatever) you get a membership card and a small gift (these are going to take a little while to organise we've only been going a couple of weeks) the knowledge we'll be organising more all inclusive trips like the St Pats big day, discounts on LISC merchandise (we hope to have our first line out for the Bray game) a vote in the LISC player of the month awards and an independent voice for anything you may want to highlight around the club... Is there any other benefits ye'd like to see lads? Thanks T
    Thats taken from the Limerick FC Independent Supporters Club Facebook page. It might not totally answer your question but the Independent Supporters Club is just starting up and is open to any suggestions that people might have about benefits they'd like to see by becoming a member, what would entice people to want to become members and what they would like to see the supporters club achieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Not trying to be awkward but give some reasons why people should pay over there e10 to join any supporters club,what are plans or year etc.
    Agreed with that question. Not trying to be awkward either, what reasons would people pay and become members of ISC instead of OSC? Will their be a few people caught in between with a foot in both camps?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Agreed with that question. Not trying to be awkward either, what reasons would people pay and become members of ISC instead of OSC? Will their be a few people caught in between with a foot in both camps?
    The Official one is directly linked to the club so they are a little more restricted in what they can say and do which is fair enough. It was felt an independent one was needed if people wished to have more discussions and more of a voice away from the club without having to directly involve the club.

I don't think it needs to be a competition between the both. Some people may join one and not the other, some people may want to join both.

At the end of the day most the goals will be the same, trying to organise travel for fans for away days, fundraisers, flags etc... there is no reason both the Official and Independent Supporters clubs can't work hand in hand on a lot of things like away days. Most the lads running the supporters clubs are mates anyway and are all interested in the same goal, supporting Limerick FC.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    - An independent voice on club issues
    - A Supporters Club that is open to all Limerick Fans
    - Membership Card
    - Free Gift
    - Travel including unique & inclusive trips like the St Pats Big Day Out
    - Exclusive LISC merchandise with discounts for members
    - Out on a Lim Fanzine
    - A Vote in the LISC POTM & POTY and Goal of the season awards
    - Fundraisers
    - Social Events

No issue with the question at all but if these benefits aren't enough for your €10, what benefits would you like to see?

It's not a competition. The ISC has been resurrected and formed by 3 ex-OSC members, namely the ex-Chairman, ex-Secretary and ex-PRO. We've done it because going forward there will absolutely be a need for an Independent SC. The days of Pat O'Sullivan bank rolling all and sundry are over lads - ye may have noticed the lack of investment in the squad this pre-season. Going forward there are plenty of thorny issues on the horizon, such as the Markets Field, Bruff, the future of the club and what lays ahead post Pat O'Sullivan. The OSC, as it is directly connected to the club and ultimately the club's SC, is not really a platform for being able to question or discuss things like this. An independent voice is needed.

Regards our aims/plans/objectives, they are the same as any supporters club. We are already working with the Blue Army lads to try and get numbers travelling to away games this season. We've sent the same correspondence to OSC members but haven't had a reply yet. Whether they want to work with other fans groups or not is ultimately up to the OSC.

As we have said from the start, anyone interested in getting involved will be welcomed, just contact us. Any ideas such as benefits ye'd like to see, we're open to all suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    No issue with the question at all but if these benefits aren't enough for your €10, what benefits would you like to see?
    A shrubbery, we want a shrubbery

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    Regards our aims/plans/objectives, they are the same as any supporters club. We are already working with the Blue Army lads to try and get numbers travelling to away games this season. We've sent the same correspondence to OSC members but haven't had a reply yet. Whether they want to work with other fans groups or not is ultimately up to the OSC.

As we have said from the start, anyone interested in getting involved will be welcomed, just contact us. Any ideas such as benefits ye'd like to see, we're open to all suggestions
    What about home games? Is there a place for supporters clubs to help get more people to home matches?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    What about home games? Is there a place for supporters clubs to help get more people to home matches?
    To be honest the lack of marketing and promotion by Limerick FC itself for the new season has been shocking. It was well promoted last season, whereas this year unless you're a fan you wouldn't honestly know that the season was starting tomorrow. The club was suggesting to restart the free buses to home games (from various parts of the county) in conjunction with the OSC but that obviously hasn't happened. We'd be open to any suggestions but I'm not sure what the independent supporters groups can do for home games with little or no budget and only a limited amount of voluntary time to give. What would you suggest Legendz?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I'm probably wrong but I was thinking in terms of attracting more support at home games. I'd imagine there are people in Limerick keeping an eye on results and the the team's progress but by and large are not going to games. I think these are the people to be encouraged to come to games for the club to become stronger.
    Where I see the supporters club coming in on this, without any expense, is get word out there that the ISC is not limited to those currently going to games. That the ISC is open to new members. If people want to check out a game for the first or any time, they're welcome to catch up with the ISC at a certain spot before the game, to enjoy the game and match experience with the group.
    A key to building support is to create the environment where those who need a nudge to go to games can come and enjoy a game with the supporters group and hopefully things can build from there. I might be wide of the mark but it's what I'd suggest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I'm probably wrong but I was thinking in terms of attracting more support at home games. I'd imagine there are people in Limerick keeping an eye on results and the the team's progress but by and large are not going to games. I think these are the people to be encouraged to come to games for the club to become stronger.
    Where I see the supporters club coming in on this, without any expense, is get word out there that the ISC is not limited to those currently going to games. That the ISC is open to new members. If people want to check out a game for the first or any time, they're welcome to catch up with the ISC at a certain spot before the game, to enjoy the game and match experience with the group.
    A key to building support is to create the environment where those who need a nudge to go to games can come and enjoy a game with the supporters group and hopefully things can build from there. I might be wide of the mark but it's what I'd suggest.
    Agree but we're already doing that really, as are the Blue Army Lads. Both have been on social media all week promoting Fitzgerald's Bar pre-match, and for ourselves The Still House post match

26. Thanks From: