Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Arter (M Nots Forrest b.1989)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Off the top of my head he has appeared in Premier League games directly after missing Slovakia/Switzerland, Georgia/Moldova and Wales/Iceland series of games within the last 12 months.

Alas he was back in pre-match training right around the time we were playing Iceland.
    You haven't answered the question. Is Iceland now what's bugging you or is it Wales? Do you accept that some injuries clear up quite quickly? Do you think he should have come over for the Iceland game after the Wales game? Do you think maybe O'Neill thought that if he can't make the wales game he'd be better off with his club and allowing for Hourihane etc to be given a look, something you've been lobbying for yourself?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Anyway ; Did Harry win the Go -Karting coz everyone loves a winner..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,645 Posts
    Perhaps we can just all agree that our default position should be that if a player is withheld from joining the squad due to injury, and that the FAI is okay with this, that we should accept that the right thing is being done by and for the player in question irrespective of when he next takes the pitch. It is this sort of incessant cynicism around good players and good people that can infect the squad morale via the fan groups, media etc.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Perhaps we can just all agree that our default position should be that if a player is withheld from joining the squad due to injury, and that the FAI is okay with this, that we should accept that the right thing is being done by and for the player in question irrespective of when he next takes the pitch. It is this sort of incessant cynicism around good players and good people that can infect the squad morale via the fan groups, media etc.
    Here, here. And that infection manifested itself in Arter when he received those tweets he referred to when the baseless 'Arter to England' rumours reared their ugly heads.

He's a good guy, a good player and clearly wants to play for Ireland. It's fairly tiresome this kind of stuff.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    You haven't answered the question. Is Iceland now what's bugging you or is it Wales? Do you accept that some injuries clear up quite quickly? Do you think he should have come over for the Iceland game after the Wales game? Do you think maybe O'Neill thought that if he can't make the wales game he'd be better off with his club and allowing for Hourihane etc to be given a look, something you've been lobbying for yourself?
    It's not a case of one or the other. It's a matter of courtesy. He should have taken a flight to Dublin and allow himself to be examined by our doctors. Same as everyone else. It's quite easy to get flights from Bournemouth to Dublin and from Dublin to Dubai. He had recovered very well by the time we played Iceland. Why shouldn't he feature in that game even if he wasn't fit for Wales? He's played 1 competitive game. What would preclude him from participating in that same as Westwood, Egan, Gleeson or whomever else?

What I don't get is that he had a more serious injury when he was left out of the Euro 2016 squad and was quite outspoken in his disappointment about that.

@ Ole Ole

Nothing Paul Merson says is relevant and it certainly isn't related to what I'm on about.

I wasn't one of the people who abused Arter on Twitter, I can assure you that.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The Irish medical team could have requested he travel. They were presumably satisfied that Bournemouth's diagnosis was correct. There's not really anything else to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    A bit of personal accountability would be nice too.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He was checked out by his doctors. I'm not sure why you want him to get checked out by more doctors, presumably to prove his unfitness. If you're knacked, you're knacked.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,100 Posts
    @ Ole Ole

Nothing Paul Merson says is relevant and it certainly isn't related to what I'm on about.

I wasn't one of the people who abused Arter on Twitter, I can assure you that.
    Wow. You're reaching there again. I didn't insinuate you abused Arter. I didn't insinuate you considered Merson's statement relevant. It was a general post relating to Stutts general post. Not everything is about you.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,708 Posts
    It's not a case of one or the other. It's a matter of courtesy. He should have taken a flight to Dublin and allow himself to be examined by our doctors. Same as everyone else. It's quite easy to get flights from Bournemouth to Dublin and from Dublin to Dubai. He had recovered very well by the time we played Iceland. Why shouldn't he feature in that game even if he wasn't fit for Wales? He's played 1 competitive game. What would preclude him from participating in that same as Westwood, Egan, Gleeson or whomever else?

What I don't get is that he had a more serious injury when he was left out of the Euro 2016 squad and was quite outspoken in his disappointment about that.
    I'd hazard a guess that O'Neill was content to look at Hourihane, O'Kane and Gleeson against Iceland. He knows all about Arter. For the established players that week was all about Wales. That's why O'Shea and others went home. I think you're going a bit bonkers if a lack of courtesy is your big issue now. I'd be very surprised if Bournemouth didn't authenticate the injury to the FAI's satisfaction (you can email scans these days, it's amazing) rendering flights a waste of time and money.

Of course he could be a work-shy, lazy, selfish guy who's only interested in playing tournament football but I'd say that's less likely myself.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    A bit of personal accountability would be nice too.
    I think, with the hand MON had played with Everton re McCarthy, if his team are happy with the Bournemouth information thats good enough for me. Asking a guy to fly to prove himself out of courtesy is daft.

15. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Neither Harry or Wes flew over, so we should drop them both, simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He pretended to have seen specific photos of Arter go-karting until his hand was forced and had to admit he was bluffing (i.e. lying through his hole). He then said that Arter played a club game after missing the Swiss/Slovak double header and hasn't even had the manners to acknowledge that he was completely wrong here too.

We all know he's only coming down so hard on this issue because it's Arter, a player/person he clearly has little time for (or resents for some unknown Richard Keogh-type reason). Yet we continue to humour him... me more than most to be fair.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Go-karting on cows no less. The sicko.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He pretended to have seen specific photos of Arter go-karting until his hand was forced and had to admit he was bluffing (i.e. lying through his hole). He then said that Arter played a club game after missing the Swiss/Slovak double header and hasn't even had the manners to acknowledge that he was completely wrong here too.

We all know he's only coming down so hard on this issue because it's Arter, a player/person he clearly has little time for (or resents for some unknown Richard Keogh-type reason). Yet we continue to humour him... me more than most to be fair.
    I assume you are a Derby fan because you have a habit of going psycho if I make any comments about Derby, Christie or Keogh in general.

Re: missing the Slovakia/Switzerland doubleheader, it's quite possible that I meant another game/series of games as I have a habit of making typos like this.

Arter was pictured on a go karting track with his teammates, as opposed to following a specific regiment to work on his fitness.

But then again, as it has already been ascertained that he was back to fitness by the time we played Wales, at least, there's not much to look into there.

@ Stutts

Arter has barely played for us. Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick and Hoolahan are the established options. Why wouldn't he want another look at him when he hasn't had much chance to use him? Has he even played consecutive games for us yet?

And I made the Euro 2016 point simply because he wanted every chance to prove his fitness then, whereas he just decided he wasn't fit over a week before we played the crucial Austria game and then was back to fitness little over 48 hours after said game.

As I've said and getting back to my original point, I - and it may have just been me, in fairness - detected irritability in MON's demeanour about some of the squad exclusions.

I may have been off the mark in fairness but I think I am quite perceptive about these things.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 18/04/2017 at 4:12 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Go-karting on cows no less. The sicko.
    He was probably skipping the light fandango, to boot.

If Harry was an Everton player, no doubt he'd be flogged onto the pitch by MoN to within an inch of his life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I assume you are a Derby fan because you have a habit of going psycho if I make any comments about Derby, Christie or Keogh in general.

I'm not, I have a friend over there so a well wisher at best, heightened by the fact that they've had a large Irish contingent in recent years. Even if I was lifelong Ram I'd have little reason for "going psycho" because somebody makes a comment about them, and you know full well that hasn't been the case anyway. Your own psychopathic crusade against Richard Keogh was criticised by far more than just me on here, if that's what you're referring to.

Re: missing the Slovakia/Switzerland doubleheader, it's quite possible that I meant another game/series of games as I have a habit of making typos like this.
    Okay, what game/series of games did you mean instead? If you're going to use it as evidence against him you should really have your facts straight. I don't think you mixed it up though, I think you were just wrong.

Arter was pictured on a go karting track with his teammates, as opposed to following a specific regiment to work on his fitness.
    You still shamelessly lied about having specific photos of Arter karting.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 18/04/2017 at 5:26 PM.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,645 Posts
    that's a ridiculously unfair insinuation. Do you think he was in breach of following his return to fitness plan by being pictured on a go-karting track with his teammates? If so, I presume he will be disciplined by Eddie Howe once he figures it out.

25. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    You persecutors of TOWK have missed yet another faux claim.

...whereas he just decided he wasn't fit over a week before we played the crucial Austria game and then was back to fitness little over 48 hours after said game..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    He played for his club the weekend before the Georgia Moldova games and then the weekend after and he has done the same after the Wales game.

28. Thanks From:

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast