Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: League cup 2014

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    About 1.3million has been spent on Oriel over the last decade! For which a period of that was in the 1st division and on the brink of going out of business. With a new ground to walk in to and to maintain has hardly cost anywhere near €1mil to Rovers?
    No doubt you are wrong Nesta, Rovers fans are never wrong!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    €1.3 million??? Good god, have you gold plated the bloody toilets or something? You got badly ripped off otherwise.

I don't know how much Rovers have put in since the council took over (I'll exclude the considerable amount the old club paid since the debts were written off), but there's no doubt it's at least a million, and over the course of the stadium's life we'll pay them far more money than it would have cost if we'd been able to build it ourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Yup! Its what happens when you try to cope with a creaky old ground as money is spent after years of neglect and it hardly is noticible initially. Problem is an obvious one, to flatten the existing place to rebuild or move to a greenfield site needs a lot of money up front which we dont have. So bringing old infrastructure up to current safety regulations is expensive, slow, and the only option - hence prioritising areas to spend on say meeting UEFA stuff like floodlighting lux levels etc. The cost of tarmacing the entrances home and away for example cost a small fortune (remember the potholes and the amount of complaining about the away laneway). All that small unnoticed stuff will be done at some point and then hopefully investment in the ground will become apparent. Long term yes you may repay the cost of your ground to SDCC but the initial outlay for the build is the obstacle, you got a dig out and Id grab a similar chance in Dundalk. I'd genuinely like to hear wwhere additional money was spent by SRFC, was it fitting out the offices under the stand or the like? Like in Oriel I havent noticed such changes that would be evident of €1mils worth of works.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Fair enough, I didn't think to factor in the maintenance/upgrades you've done on your pitch which obviously doesn't apply to Bohs or Shels.

As for Rovers, we don't just rent the ground, there's the club shop to pay for, the club doesn't get any income from the concessions which are a nice earner for most clubs, we weren't contracted for the Europa League so that was extra plus the temporary stands. Bear in mind, that stadium is a serious earner for the council - they invested heavily, to their credit, and despite what people think they're not giving it away for buttons. They run the stadium as a profit-making enterprise and that means exploiting maximum value from every source, be it Rovers or Leinster Rugby or the American football teams or FAI underage teams. It's run as a proper business and they make sure Rovers pay for the privilege of being tenants. Rovers can't just sack the groundsman to cut costs - we pay what they ask because they maintain the stadium to a very high standard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Fair enough, I didn't think to factor in the maintenance/upgrades you've done on your pitch which obviously doesn't apply to Bohs or Shels.

As for Rovers, we don't just rent the ground, there's the club shop to pay for, the club doesn't get any income from the concessions which are a nice earner for most clubs, we weren't contracted for the Europa League so that was extra plus the temporary stands. Bear in mind, that stadium is a serious earner for the council - they invested heavily, to their credit, and despite what people think they're not giving it away for buttons. They run the stadium as a profit-making enterprise and that means exploiting maximum value from every source, be it Rovers or Leinster Rugby or the American football teams or FAI underage teams. It's run as a proper business and they make sure Rovers pay for the privilege of being tenants. Rovers can't just sack the groundsman to cut costs - we pay what they ask because they maintain the stadium to a very high standard.
    This feels more like a pm to someone answering stuff that wasnt really mentioned previously in the thread?

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    As far as I know and heard last night the arrangements for the LC Final are still not finalised. I did hear the Guards were not happy with Rovers fans going to the shed side. Also heard about possibility of erecting a temporary stand behind the goal where the away fans are now, but nothing official has been announced.

The match is only 3 weeks away now, so you would imagine an announcement will need to be made this week on tickets, and which sections are going to home and away fans.

If they do erect a temporary structure I'm sure this can go up in under a week, I think Rovers had one in for their EL group games, plus back in the day seating was installed quick enough in the old lansdowne terracing. Also if they were doing it, it would make sense to have this in place for the remaining 3 home league games and the next one is on Monday 8th Sept v Derry. Other two are Rovers again in the league, early Oct tbc, then final match home to Cork.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    The EA Sports Cup Final is an FAI event and normal seating allocations for Dundalk fans are subject to a number of changes for this match.

Dundalk FC fans will be located in the Shed and the Town end areas. Dundalk fans will also have approximately 50% of the stand seats with the rest of the stand being allocated to FAI, Sponsors, Guests and Shamrock Rovers supporters. Plans are in place for temporary seating to be erected behind the Carrick Road end goals for Shamrock Rovers fans who will also have access to the regular away supporter area.

It is planned that tickets for the final will go on sale towards the end of the week from Oriel Park. A further update will be provided in the coming days before tickets are released on sale.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/st-pats-ea-sports-cup-details/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    What's the problem with Shams paying towards the stand? Their fans will have most of it dismantled before the end of the match anyway.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    What's the problem with Shams paying towards the stand? Their fans will have most of it dismantled before the end of the match anyway.
    The best comment I read about the situation online was from a Rovers fan: "If we have to pay for 1/3 of their stand, it's only right we should get to take 1/3 of it home."

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    The best comment I read about the situation online was from a Rovers fan: "If we have to pay for 1/3 of their stand, it's only right we should get to take 1/3 of it home."
    The best comment I seen was a Rovers fans asking, "What would be the best pub in Dundalk to get a drink in" good luck with that one, Id say you will be lucky to find 1 who will let ya in (Im not saying that its right but its true)

Back upto the Forge and Newry with you if ya want to be sure of getting a few pints

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    The best comment I seen was a Rovers fans asking, "What would be the best pub in Dundalk to get a drink in" good luck with that one, Id say you will be lucky to find 1 who will let ya in (Im not saying that its right but its true)

Back upto the Forge and Newry with you if ya want to be sure of getting a few pints
    Are Rovers not also demanding the Lilywhite Lounge?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Are Rovers not also demanding the Lilywhite Lounge?
    We could just send them down to the pubs on Bridge Street, They will fit right in

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I wonder what happened to this dude:
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Picked up my stand tickets today, they're nearly sold out already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Looks like no temp stand, Rovers with a bigger allocation than usual but still the away team.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Looks like no temp stand, Rovers with a bigger allocation than usual but still the away team.
    Please explain. What is Rovers "usual allocation"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Rovers' usual allocation is whatever amount of tickets Dundalk send, a few hundred I assume.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Rovers' usual allocation is whatever amount of tickets Dundalk send, a few hundred I assume.
    Its an FAI event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I know, hence the increased allocation. According to Dundalk, it was going to be 50% Dundalk, 30% Rovers, and Dundalk have already been selling their tickets for a while so presumably they know what the breakdown will be.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Were are you getting this bull from?
    The temp stand is going up (starting Saturday if its not a draw on Friday, starting Tues morning if its a draw Fri as the replay is Monday)
    Our Stand allocation is nearly gone 40% of the stand, Rovers have the other 40% and Sponsors, Guests etc the remaining 20% in the middle of the stand!

Its unreal how big of a deal Rovers fans are making of this.

Have your club even started selling you tickets yet?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast