Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: League cup 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I would encourage any Shamrock Rovers fans who witnessed the attack on the mourners or who have photographs of the group of people involved to contact the Garda station in Dundalk.

By the way the statement provided to the Independent by Shamrock Rovers is a weasel worded and enaemic reaction to hooliganism; “Obviously the club don’t condone this kind of behaviour.”

I bet the thugs involved at shaking in their boots at this reaction from Shamrock Rovers.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news....slCED7HD.dpuf
    Last edited by White Horse; 22/09/2014 at 8:23 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    By the way, what was the attendances at the League Cup Final?
    From the TV you would say about 3,000+

Did I see Palestine Flags waving again in the Dundalk crowd or was I mistaken?

Why was there no temporary stand put up at the other end of Oriel Park?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post

i presume becasue it wasnt needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post

4,500 was the stimate provided by the club. I did not hear an official figure.

I didn't notice any Palestinian flags. They have been noticable in their absence lately.

There were no tickets sold for the town end. However, people who had tickets elsewhere choose to watch the game there.

If Dundalk had erected a temporary stand there, they would have sold it out. However, as 50% of the tickets available to fans had to be allocated to Shamrock Rovers, it would have meant giving another area of the ground to Shamrock Rovers. That would have resulted in another area of the ground being empty.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    4,500 was the stimate provided by the club. I did not hear an official figure.

I didn't notice any Palestinian flags. They have been noticable in their absence lately.

There were no tickets sold for the town end. However, people who had tickets elsewhere choose to watch the game there.

If Dundalk had erected a temporary stand there, they would have sold it out. However, as 50% of the tickets available to fans had to be allocated to Shamrock Rovers, it would have meant giving another area of the ground to Shamrock Rovers. That would have resulted in another area of the ground being empty.
    One of the SSA was at Pats away game a few weeks back with a Palestine Flag and was removed by the Gardai (Dundalk fans will know him Podge) and he has been banned from Oriel over it so id imagine nobody wants to run the risk of a ban
    (By way Club were/needed an excuse to ban this clown, so this gave them a reason)

Was def more than 4000 at it anyway, Shed hasnt been as packed since its been the "new Shed"...Surely our biggest crowd since Rovers 2002 Semi Final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    3,255 was the total allocation to both sets of fans.

1,255 of that for Shamrock Rovers, 2,000 for Dundalk. Presumably there were more tickets available for sponsors, etc. Maybe more tickets were made available for general admission?

What's the capacity of Oriel now? Couldn't be much more than 4,500 as it is? The temporary stand would have added 460 to capacity.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    3,255 was the total allocation to both sets of fans.

1,255 of that for Shamrock Rovers, 2,000 for Dundalk. Presumably there were more tickets available for sponsors, etc. Maybe more tickets were made available for general admission?

What's the capacity of Oriel now? Couldn't be much more than 4,500 as it is? The temporary stand would have added 460 to capacity.
    Their is 3200 seats so surely its more than 4500...Ive a feeling when it was realised Rovers were not taking there allocation, Some of them tickets went to Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Their is 3200 seats so surely its more than 4500...Ive a feeling when it was realised Rovers were not taking there allocation, Some of them tickets went to Dundalk
    Well, there's not a huge amount left in the way of terrace now in Oriel is there? Away terrace and the bit in front of the main stand is all that's left that Dundalk are allowed to use isn't it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Well, there's not a huge amount left in the way of terrace now in Oriel is there? Away terrace and the bit in front of the main stand is all that's left that Dundalk are allowed to use isn't it?
    Behind the goals is allowed (for League games anyway) and for big games does be 3 deep standing around the pitch...Prob officially is 4500 but without ****ting Health and Saftey stuff, easily get 5500 plus in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Our ticket allocation was restricted to 2,500 due to it being an FAI run event.* They sold out early in the week, however a small numbers of tickets then went on sale again approximately 140.

Breakdown:
    Total 3,200
    Dundalk fans 2,640
    Rovers/FAI 560

*The Dundalk allocation is sourced directly from www.dundalkfc.com and the 3,200 is from the local journalist who was given the information from a club and fai official.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    A small(ish) number of the Shamrock Rovers tickets ended up in the hands of Dundalk fans too, as they were the only tickets available on the day. Would've thought the attendance had to be 4,000 plus but I suppose there were areas of the ground that weren't exactly packed.
    Incidentally I know Rovers fans who had bought tickets for the main stand but were told it was full when they got there 15 mins before kickoff. They were directed to the terrace and asked to be let onto the empty temporary stand but were not allowed by the FAI goons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Looked a very good crowd on Soccer Republic last night. Would certainly have made sense to have just allocated the seating behind the goals to Shamrock Rovers fans and kept the main stand for themselves when you look back on it. Couldn't have been much more than about 500 Rovers fans there in total.

Either way, a good advertisement for the league in the end up.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415