Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: League cup 2014

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I heard it from another fan, if the stand is going up then I suppose I'm wrong. Rovers haven't started selling tickets. If Rovers are getting 40% why did Dundalk say 30%? If we're getting the same allocation, then clearly making a big deal worked.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I heard it from another fan, if the stand is going up then I suppose I'm wrong. Rovers haven't started selling tickets. If Rovers are getting 40% why did Dundalk say 30%? If we're getting the same allocation, then clearly making a big deal worked.
    Sorry hearing it on another thread too like its gospel

I assumed it was 40% for Rovers too as the girl in the ticket office told me we only had 40% so I assumed 40 us 40 rovers 20 FAI

Stand is going up alright, hopefully Saturday...Id rather Lose than Draw on Friday

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Why would you rather lose than draw? You have a shot at the treble, the logistics of getting a temporary stand in should be a distant second, especially as the gate for the replay would be a handy one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    I dont see how Dundalk have any say on ticket allocation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    No, but presumably if they announced the 50/30/20 split it was based on what the FAI were telling them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    It was always 40% for Dundalk and 40% for Rovers as far as I'm aware. Perhaps there was some haggling between the clubs on some of the details. It has to be an equal allocation, anything else would be very unfair on Shamrock Rovers.

I 'm looking forward to seeing the temporary stand. A full Carrick Road end will create a great atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    No, but presumably if they announced the 50/30/20 split it was based on what the FAI were telling them.
    They said initially that Dundalk were getting half the stand tickets. However, they meant half of the tickets available to fans, i.e.. half of the 80%. When it was then mentioned that 20% was going to the FAI and sponsors, Rovers fans interpreted the split as a 50-30-20 split. I think unnecessary confusion was caused by sloppy wording.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    The only way id imagine there was a 50 30 20 split is if Rovers agreed on the basis that they feel they wouldnt sell out their allocation of 40%. If there isnt an equal allocation it wont be a Dundalk demand or without Rovers approval!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Why would you rather lose than draw? You have a shot at the treble, the logistics of getting a temporary stand in should be a distant second, especially as the gate for the replay would be a handy one.
    More to do with the extra game. We have alot of players on 3 Yellows, 1 away from Suspension. Gartland and McDermott missing UCD game too
    The last week of the season it looks, as either ourselves or yourselves are going to be in the Cup Semi so our League match has to be moved and their are really no other days apart from the Mon/Tues inbetween 2nd last and last games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    It was always 40% for Dundalk and 40% for Rovers as far as I'm aware. Perhaps there was some haggling between the clubs on some of the details. It has to be an equal allocation, anything else would be very unfair on Shamrock Rovers.

I 'm looking forward to seeing the temporary stand. A full Carrick Road end will create a great atmosphere.
    From Dundalk:

Dundalk FC fans will be located in the Shed and the Town end areas. Dundalk fans will also have approximately 50% of the stand seats with the rest of the stand being allocated to FAI, Sponsors, Guests and Shamrock Rovers supporters. Plans are in place for temporary seating to be erected behind the Carrick Road end goals for Shamrock Rovers fans who will also have access to the regular away supporter area.

I don't blame Dundalk for haggling and trying to get the best deal for themselves as it is their home stadium, but you'd think the FAI would have a bit more cop-on (silly, I know) and just make it clear from the start, but then again they were probably all at Old Trafford on a junket or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    More to do with the extra game. We have alot of players on 3 Yellows, 1 away from Suspension. Gartland and McDermott missing UCD game too
    The last week of the season it looks, as either ourselves or yourselves are going to be in the Cup Semi so our League match has to be moved and their are really no other days apart from the Mon/Tues inbetween 2nd last and last games
    Suppose so, you'd just always a chance to continue in competition over an easier schedule. When Rovers qualified for the Europa, it meant a lot of games had to be shoved in at short notice but we wouldn't have had it any other way.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers' usual allocation is whatever amount of tickets Dundalk send, a few hundred I assume.
    That gave me a laugh

Rovers have a history of non-cooperation in the advance sale of tickets for league games in Oriel Park (and other grounds from what I hear). Irrespective of the number of tickets sent in advance, inevitably Rovers would return the bulk of them unsold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    That gave me a laugh

Rovers have a history of non-cooperation in the advance sale of tickets for league games in Oriel Park (and other grounds from what I hear). Irrespective of the number of tickets sent in advance, inevitably Rovers would return the bulk of them unsold.
    They've also refused to sell any tickets to their fans for away games, instead instructing them to pay at gate
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    They've also refused to sell any tickets to their fans for away games, instead instructing them to pay at gate
    Isn't it remarkable that a club that doesn't co-operate with ticket sales etc. manages consistently to bring largest away support to venues all over the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Isn't it remarkable that a club that doesn't co-operate with ticket sales etc. manages consistently to bring largest away support to venues all over the country.
    Some of them even get a go on the pitch!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    No - the two are not linked at all

But it is worth remarking that the club's refusal has consistently led to additional crowd control and public order challenges for the Gardai and hosting clubs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Rovers fans spent years getting dicked around by clubs like dundalk and Pats who thought they could chance their arm for their biggest gate of the season.
    The rovers board who are part of this fanbase simply refuse to co-operate with these clubs demands

you reap what you sow.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Rovers fans spent years getting dicked around by clubs like dundalk and Pats
    Is this a sexual thing?

Does paying at the gate protect a fan from some awful affliction?

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Rovers fans spent years getting dicked around by clubs like dundalk and Pats who thought they could chance their arm for their biggest gate of the season.
    The rovers board who are part of this fanbase simply refuse to co-operate with these clubs demands

you reap what you sow.
    How is making tickets available early to away fans "getting dicked around"?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

you reap what you sow.
    That's Rovers f*cked in a few years so.
    Here on a technicality.