Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LOI Transfers 2014

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    The hottest property in the Airtricity Premier League has just created a bidding war. Two English Premier League clubs, three Championship sides and one Scottish Premier League side have started initial bids for the signature of Cork City star Brian Lenihan.
    Not to mention Shamrock Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    First half a million signing from League of Ireland? If Cork City push it right, and if the interest reported is true, they should be able to command a very sizeable fee.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    First half a million signing from League of Ireland? If Cork City push it right, and if the interest reported is true, they should be able to command a very sizeable fee.
    I doubt it, will likely be a lower six-figure fee with significant add-ons. I don't think the talk of a bidding war is accurate either - from what I've heard there have been two five-figure bids, one from Hull and another from the Championship, and at the moment only Hull are preparing a larger bid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    itll likely end up in the 100 to 150k range with a host of add ons

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I doubt it, will likely be a lower six-figure fee with significant add-ons. I don't think the talk of a bidding war is accurate either - from what I've heard there have been two five-figure bids, one from Hull and another from the Championship, and at the moment only Hull are preparing a larger bid.
    €130,000 bid from Crystal Palace regected and another €100,000 bid from Hull City also rejected....!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    €130,000 bid from Crystal Palace regected and another €100,000 bid from Hull City also rejected....!
    Hull Daily Mail have those figures as sterling amounts http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-...ail/story.html

Although I doubt any of the papers will have correct figures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    itll likely end up in the 100 to 150k range with a host of add ons
    Sterling or Euro? £150k with decent add ons would represent a good deal considering recent transfer prices for LOI players. Still saddens me though,that which such interest in a player from so many clubs, that the figure wouldn't be higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Sterling or Euro? £150k with decent add ons would represent a good deal considering recent transfer prices for LOI players. Still saddens me though,that which such interest in a player from so many clubs, that the figure wouldn't be higher.
    Euro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Don't understand that figure to be honest. If he's so good, Cork should be holding out for at least 250k plus add ons. They're in a relatively strong position financially with probably the biggest current active fanbase in the league. A strong league position and the likelyhood of European football next season.

No need to let lads go on the cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Don't understand that figure to be honest. If he's so good, Cork should be holding out for at least 250k plus add ons. They're in a relatively strong position financially with probably the biggest current active fanbase in the league. A strong league position and the likelyhood of European football next season.

100%. Cork are probably in the best position financially in the whole league at the minute and don't really need to sell the player. They're set for a top two finish, European football and the highest attendance figures in the league. They'd be mad to settle for anything less than €250k plus add-ons.

It all goes back to LOI clubs selling themselves short for the past few years. This is a growing league, and clubs need to start putting the foot down, especially those in a decent financial situation.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Athlone Town FC
    In - Sam O'Connor (Hull City)

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts

He's out of contract in November and would go for a compensation figure of no more than 275k euro at that point if a Premier League club signed him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    He's out of contract in November and would go for a compensation figure of no more than 275k euro at that point if a Premier League club signed him
    If clubs seriously want him they won't wait until November and risk missing out on him (letting someone else steal in). Those few months can also be spent trying to win things with Cork and convince the lad another year with you might be worth his while.

Easy to say things like this when the money wouldn't be effecting my club, but here we go, that's just how I see it. The 200-275k as a consolation prize wouldn't be the end of the world anyway if he did leave then.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 07/08/2014 at 5:32 PM.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    What kind of money would you be talking about for a bigger club in England to sign a similar prospect from a league one or two club be?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Aston Villa paid between £1 million and £3 million for players from League One and League Two in 2012, but they went more or less straight into the first team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Also depends on if they're English or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    If clubs seriously want him they won't wait until November and risk missing out on him (letting someone else steal in). Those few months can also be spent trying to win things with Cork and convince the lad another year with you might be worth his while.

Easy to say things like this when the money wouldn't be effecting my club, but here we go, that's just how I see it. The 200-275k as a consolation prize wouldn't be the end of the world anyway if he did leave then.
    But why would any club offer us more than that? They know we'd be mad to turn it down, and then it will come down to what the player wants. A Championship club could sign him for even less.
    If we get €200k I'll be delighted, but I'd be more than happy with something like:
    €150,000
    10-15% sell on
    €50k for international cap
    €50-100k for x number of first team appearances - say in the region of 30-50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    But why would any club offer us more than that? They know we'd be mad to turn it down, and then it will come down to what the player wants. A Championship club could sign him for even less.
    If we get €200k I'll be delighted, but I'd be more than happy with something like:
    €150,000
    10-15% sell on
    €50k for international cap
    €50-100k for x number of first team appearances - say in the region of 30-50
    But I was saying, and my reasoning was based around the fact that, IMO they'd not be mad to be turning it down, Ted.
    It's grand anyway we don't need to agree, and you don't need to keep justifying your reasoning either

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Didn't Roy O'Donovan hit that mark already ? His move to Sunderland maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Think O'Donovan was supposed to be around €500k with add-ons, but that included Premier League appearances, international caps, etc. so obviously weren't realised.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast