Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 Qualifying

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They did care, they were just mauled by a much better team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He's a strange one that Lewandoski, I think. When he's in the zone he looks completely unplayable, dynamic and technically outstanding. The night he scored four against Real Madrid an obvious example. More times then he looks very manageable, sluggish and fairly ordinary. Please God the latter will turn up on Sunday fortnight.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    That third one was strange, was that match fixed or did the one team just not care anymore?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qAHiktV_Fdo

They blocked your link Crosby on Copyright grounds...

See goals below

http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/22/vid...bayern-munich/
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

4. Thanks From:

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    They did care, they were just mauled by a much better team.

I do agree Charlie , that Bayern are superior.

However I saw the full game from start to finish last night..... what surprises me about their complete collapse...is that they were in control in the first half and well worth their 0-1 half time lead.

Wolfsburg were setup so well in the first half.....and IMO were controlling the tempo of the game. You could see that they were a side that had considerably improved over the last few years and that they were a team whereby every player knew their role and were performing it well to stem the bayern threat

In fact Wolfsburg were unlucky not to be 2 up at HT.

Dante was excellent in the first half....really marshalled the wolfsburg defence so well. They looked very composed defensively in the first half. Mueller barely got a sniff.

It was almost surreal watching their complete collapse within 9 second half minutes
    Last edited by back of the net; 23/09/2015 at 11:57 AM.
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Said I'd bump this for the other three playoffs. Ideal result for Ukraine earlier. I only saw bits but they looked well worth their 2-0 advantage. Their winger, Konoplyanka, looks a fine player every time I see him. Liverpool had a deal almost done for him at one point, before Dnipro stalled I think. They ended up paying £10m more for Adam Lallana, ouch! He was outstanding for Sevilla the other night against Real Madrid too. Sweden v Denmark starting now.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 14/11/2015 at 7:00 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Zlatan should be exempted from following the rules of the game and should be allowed to clobber a Dane's face with his elbow, It just seems petty by the ref to blow the whistle on him as if he was just a regular player.

Swedes go one up at last

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Watched a good bit of the Ukraine game and watching the Sweden one now.

Ukraine looked pretty decent but Slovenia were no great shakes especially defensively. Not much difference between us and the swedes/Danes either. However, the swedes do have Zlatan who leads the line superbly, the way he lays off long balls and links with midfield is something we can only dream of. The overlap with the RB that led to their goal is something we should be doing given we have one of the best players in the world in that position.

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Said I'd bump this for the other three playoffs. Ideal result for Ukraine earlier. I only saw bits but they looked well worth their 2-0 advantage. Their winger, Konoplyanka, looks a fine player every time I see him. Liverpool had a deal almost done for him at one point, before Dnipro stalled I think. They ended up paying £10m more for Adam Lallana, ouch! He was outstanding for Sevilla the other night against Real Madrid too. Sweden v Denmark starting now.
    There must be a fair bit of money in the Ukranian league, Everton wanted to sign
    Yarmolenko for GBP15m, he scored the first goal today and took it really well, however he wasn't interested enough in Everton to leave Kiev.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Zlatan the great scores from the penalty spot.
    If it stays 2 nil (at least), I presume Zlatan won't bother playing the 2nd leg and will return to his club.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Watched a good bit of the Ukraine game and watching the Sweden one now.

Ukraine looked pretty decent but Slovenia were no great shakes especially defensively. Not much difference between us and the swedes/Danes either. However, the swedes do have Zlatan who leads the line superbly, the way he lays off long balls and links with midfield is something we can only dream of. The overlap with the RB that led to their goal is something we should be doing given we have one of the best players in the world in that position.
    I'd say Sweden with Zlatan are a good deal better than us all round and the Danes are much worse, though it's possible that the Danes are so poor they make Sweden look even better than they are. Sweden should be 5 up by now, on the hours mark.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I'd say Sweden with Zlatan are a good deal better than us all round and the Danes are much worse, though it's possible that the Danes are so poor they make Sweden look even better than they are. Sweden should be 5 up by now, on the hours mark.
    Not that long ago and with similar teams we drew with them away and left a one nil lead slip at home. So they are hardly a good deal better than us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    They did finish six points ahead of us though which is quite a bit. Definitely happy we avoided them despite a lot of people preferring them to Bosnia at the time.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Look a very different team now, on the ropes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Really sets up the second leg.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Yea, looks like we did well to avoid Ukraine, would not like to be starting 2-0 down in Dublin.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    I wouldn't agree. Zlatan is the best player in these playoffs but I'd consider Sweden on a par with us.

Ukraine are comfortably the best team and Ireland,Bosnia,Sweden and Denmark are all similiar quality. Norway, Slovenia and Hungary don't look great.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Look a very different team now, on the ropes
    2 nil is a difficult lead for a team with the game going into the last 30 minutes of the first leg,
    more difficult than playing against 10 men!

The last thing I wanted in our first leg game was Bosnia to get a second to go 2-1 up, then our goose would have likely been cooked. At the end of the game the Danes were probably puffed up and the Swedes left the pitch a bit rueful but when the dust settles, 2-1 is a very decent lead.
    That Emil Forsberg looks an outstanding attacking player for Sweden and he just plays for a 2nd div German club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    There was one Swedish player celebrating like mad, he's obviously not a slave to the away goal rule! I suppose it depends on the context, Sweden conceding was a bit of a killer for them, totally dominated the game and were looking as good as through at 2-0, now they only have the bare minimum you would hope for going into the second leg. Had Denmark gone one up yesterday and Sweden scored two late goals to turn it around then the mindset would be completely different. They'll feel more than capable of scoring in Copenhagen anyway though and if they do, you'd expect that to be enough to see them through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    What a goal for Hungary! Priskin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Don't think I know any of these Hungarians bar the captain Dzsudzsak. I don't know much about him either but I saw him playing for PSV a few years ago in a 4-3 win over Ajax. Himself and Suarez were both amazing that day, I thought I'd be hearing a lot more of Dzsudzsak. I think Arsenal were linked with him at one point alright and I remember him going to that Russian crowd that were loaded, then broke. Anyway, other than Bogdan on the bench I don't think I know any of the others. I love this spread out week of football craic!
    Last edited by DeLorean; 15/11/2015 at 8:18 PM.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast