Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Under 16s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    First things first, you didn't start any sentence with "what if" - those words appeared mid-sentence. A sentence begins after a full-stop! Secondly, I was unaware of there being any question asked. Thirdly, I am not in any way involved with Limerick FC's underage set-up, I was merely insinuating that Limerick would be in a much better position to look after players that may pick up an injury than a junior club would be. I also pointed out the level of coaching that they will get with Limerick would be a hell of a lot better than the level of coaching at junior clubs - being free in to Limerick games is merely an added bonus for those who wish to avail of it!
    Maybe some of the teams but there are a few teams at Limerick where that just isn't the case at all and I am a Limerick fan with no connection to any junior team.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    True, I generalized. But I can only go on personal experience and I can honestly say that coaching when I played was non-existent. I have spoken at length with two of my nephews who played with teams out in the county before signing with Limerick and they said there was no comparison between the level of coaching they got at their clubs to the level they get at Limerick. I'm sure there are plenty of good coaches around at junior clubs but they're the exception not the rule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    True, I generalized. But I can only go on personal experience and I can honestly say that coaching when I played was non-existent. I have spoken at length with two of my nephews who played with teams out in the county before signing with Limerick and they said there was no comparison between the level of coaching they got at their clubs to the level they get at Limerick. I'm sure there are plenty of good coaches around at junior clubs but they're the exception not the rule.
    I don't think good coaches are in the majority at Limerick either from what I know of it. There are a few good ones but some of them are really poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On the pike defeat:They were up against it really,having to take on a desmond league selection

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    In that case Killorglin must be a crack outfit - they only lost to Limerick 2-0!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hightackle View Post
    What happened to the the unbeatable under 16s today in the national cup.
    They were beaten!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456