Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Under 16s

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    This right here is why there is no point in even talking to you about the situation anymore you haven't a clue.
    You're in denial. You don't want to talk about the situation anymore because you know what Limerick FC being involved in Limerick schoolboy football is doing to the other schoolboy clubs. Unfortunately nothing will be done about this problem. Now back to supporting Limerick FC (Senior team that is)...

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Are you sure? I hear that disliking Limerick FCs youth set-up means you shouldn't support the senior team anymore.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I'd love to know what happened on the day. Firstly the ref should never have let the game go beyond 10-0. Secondly the opposition teams manager should have called for it to be blown up early and thirdly the limerick manager should have asked for it to be blown up early.

Until we know the facts on what happened on the day I'll reserve judgement.

I know of managers in the past that wouldn't let a game be blown up even when it was their team being hammered. I know of a ref before that wouldn't blow a game early either and I have also heard of managers that were over the team giving the stuffing that refused to allow the game being blown up.
    Just a point of information on this one (I'm not getting involved in the rights or wrongs of it), I know the guy who reffed the 21-0 game and he wanted to blow it up early.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaorta View Post
    Yeah, lets go out and try and beat our record and destroy another group of kids 22-0
    that will really make everyone stand up and take note of us.If you call this progress
    may God help us all...
    No I'd call that the score... simple.
    It's not about slaughtering anyone or trying to beat previous records it's about these youngsters giving 100%, learning and developing and having ambition so what's the big deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    We're supposed to be "making friends", which we will do by disbanding our youth teams and crippling the clubs future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    We're supposed to be "making friends", which we will do by disbanding our youth teams and crippling the clubs future.

fair play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaorta View Post
    fair play
    Oh god!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    In coversation with a fan of another club the other day (he had seen this thread and was wondering what was going on), my memory was jogged on the origins of this whole problem.
    If any of you are involved with any of the clubs affected by Limerick FC entering this Under 16 team, I urge you to have a discussion with whoever your club delegate to the LDSL was in 2008/2009/2010 (I can't remember exactly when this was).
    By the way, it is part of the UEFA Licencing criteria that clubs competing in the League of Ireland must have a youth development programme.

To the best of my knowledge, Limerick FC originally did not want to enter teams to compete against already established clubs in the Schoolboys' League, but rather wanted to form an alliance/partnership with the LDSL which would have entailed developing and running a 'centre of excellence' type thingy to develop squads for the league representative sides.
    A proposal was put to a delegate meeting of the LDSL, and was rejected.

So, in order to fulfil its obligation to build a youth development programme, Limerick FC then applied for membership of the LDSL, which was duly granted (this was probably just a formality, as I don't think the league would have been allowed to exclude the club). I think Limerick FC's first participation in the league was in the small sided games 2010-11.

If anyone can clarify any of the details of the above, I'd be grateful.

On a slight aside, I'm led to believe that at certain times in the past Limerick FC had a reserve side competing in the junior league, as well as under 18 and under 17 teams, also competing in the local leagues.
    Fight the good fight!

(Now with my very own account on foot.ie - How cool am I? - 15/02/07)

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redron View Post
    In coversation with a fan of another club the other day (he had seen this thread and was wondering what was going on), my memory was jogged on the origins of this whole problem.
    If any of you are involved with any of the clubs affected by Limerick FC entering this Under 16 team, I urge you to have a discussion with whoever your club delegate to the LDSL was in 2008/2009/2010 (I can't remember exactly when this was).
    By the way, it is part of the UEFA Licencing criteria that clubs competing in the League of Ireland must have a youth development programme.

To the best of my knowledge, Limerick FC originally did not want to enter teams to compete against already established clubs in the Schoolboys' League, but rather wanted to form an alliance/partnership with the LDSL which would have entailed developing and running a 'centre of excellence' type thingy to develop squads for the league representative sides.
    A proposal was put to a delegate meeting of the LDSL, and was rejected.

So, in order to fulfil its obligation to build a youth development programme, Limerick FC then applied for membership of the LDSL, which was duly granted (this was probably just a formality, as I don't think the league would have been allowed to exclude the club). I think Limerick FC's first participation in the league was in the small sided games 2010-11.

If anyone can clarify any of the details of the above, I'd be grateful.

On a slight aside, I'm led to believe that at certain times in the past Limerick FC had a reserve side competing in the junior league, as well as under 18 and under 17 teams, also competing in the local leagues.
    redron - you are 100% correct in what you are saying above - the chickens have now come home to roost.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Resurrecting this thread to note that, after breezing through the lower tier, the U-16s started their top tier campaign with an 8-0 win over Fairview Rangers: http://www.limerickfc.ie/u16s-barry-...pening-day-win

Limerick FC thank Fairview Rangers for a sporting game which was played in the right spirit and we wish them all the best for the rest of the season!
    It's not 21-0 like the first game they played last year, but I hope things get more competitive in that league, for the benefit of all concerned.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    This years under 16's would be different lads to last year I'd imagine as last years would be now overage.

The same thing is happening in the under 18 league. Our Under 17's finished 5th last year in division two and are now playing in division one at under 18's. They've shipped two very heavy defeats to Fairview and Summerville and look like pulling out. The leagues are still being messed about. It's not only limerick that are handing out beatings in games. Teams need to be asked at the start of the season how strong they reckon they are and then add in their history afterwards.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 28/08/2014 at 1:45 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It seems that Limerick are keeping well in with the LDMC clubs and are recruiting most of there players from Desmond league teams,i have been told that this u16 team have 9 desmond players and there u15s have 8,great for the city teams but Desmond clubs not so happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    A share of this years 16s would be last years 15s who finished second to Summerville in the Premier.

As for recruiting players the local rule of being allowed to sign two new players across all interleague squads obviously limits what can be picked up in the LDSL and the national rule of 49km limits what can be picked up further a field.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    It seems that Limerick are keeping well in with the LDMC clubs and are recruiting most of there players from Desmond league teams,i have been told that this u16 team have 9 desmond players and there u15s have 8,great for the city teams but Desmond clubs not so happy.
    Maybe most of the talent is out in the county? I've watched plenty of underage games in the city and I've been alarmed at the lack of standout players!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The senior team and under 19's has a lot of lads from out the country. Even some of the better city teams have lads they have got from the Desmond league.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great for the city teams but its killing the Desmond league and especially my club who last year lost four u14 players to Limerick fc,all well and good if it was for the u19 team but to be taking young players like that and promissing the sun moon and stars,and we are gone from being the best team in that age group to being one of the worst.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    So they lost them to the Limerick 15s??? What are they being offered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Kids are coming home thinking they are playing league of Ireland,they are been offered free gear plus promises of Irish trials etc,if the LDMC have a rule that clubs can only sign two inter league players from all inter league squads why were 8 players brought in to Limerick fc from the desmond Kennedy cup side last year and 7 this year,as sweeper pointed out it is killing clubs out our side and as a passionate Limerick supporter for years and organising busses in to matches i can tell you i wont be putting my bum on any seat in thomond or markets field any time in the near futuren,also asking 11 year old kids to go in is a bit much,if players are good enough to play league of Ireland at u17s,16 is plenty time to go poaching,of the 7 that went in this year there is only 1 in my opinion that might make u17 league of Ireland.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If it's a case they are poaching players then the clubs should report Limerick FC for it simple as that. I'm a massive fan myself and although I want whats best for the club I don't want them poaching either, especially kids that young. If they are breaking the rules they will be punished.

From what I was told though every kid with the academy has to pay 250euro to play with Limerick and that covers their gear, training and match fees for the year.

It was great to see representatives of clubs in with their players when they were signing for the under 19's and thats the way it should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    but to be taking young players like that and promissing the sun moon and stars
    What were they promised??

You can't expect anyone to take you serious with that kind of vague stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Kids are coming home thinking they are playing league of Ireland
    I know, kids imaginations an all that, but twould take a right good imagination to think you're playing League Of Ireland when you're standing out on the Boros back pitch at half ten on a Saturday morning.

they are been offered free gear
    I'd be amazed if this was true.

Have you specific examples??

,if the LDMC have a rule that clubs can only sign two inter league players from all inter league squads why were 8 players brought in to Limerick fc from the desmond Kennedy cup side last year and 7 this year
    It's LDSL and it's a local rule within the LDSL.

Desmond League Clubs don't come under the auspices of the LDSL, they come under the auspices of the Desmond League.

i can tell you i wont be putting my bum on any seat in thomond or markets field any time in the near futuren
    For me one of the most exciting things about waiting for The Markets Field to open is waiting to see the creativity of the excuses when the thousands don't flock there.

if players are good enough to play league of Ireland at u17s,16 is plenty time to go poaching
    Why 16 out of curiosity??

Why not 15? Or 17? Or 13? Is there something about sixteen.

And what's poaching? Are we talking about signing a player in the off season who isn't signed with any club or are we talking about tapping a signed player up and making him force a transfer?

The former goes on everywhere since the dawn of football and will continue to do so.

Even the mighty Limerick FC lost the guts of two teams in the off season. I can't find the thread where people were on complaining about it though

of the 7 that went in this year there is only 1 in my opinion that might make u17 league of Ireland
    What do you think will happen the other six?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast