Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2013/14

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    That 16-1 scoreline is correct as it was given as a result in The Irish Examiner yesterday. The worrying thing is it might still have been blown up early though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    St Itas B were going to give a walkover but shountrade begged them to play because they needed the goal difference to finish top, so I think ita's played with 8 or 9 players. Needless to say their goal difference has been boosted adequately.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Athea 3-3 Newcastle West
    Ballingarry 1-1 Abbeyfeale

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abbeyfeale look to be finishing around 3rd or 4th last, i remember reading at the start of the year that Frank Nelligan saying that he tipped them for the Premier???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    Abbeyfeale look to be finishing around 3rd or 4th last, i remember reading at the start of the year that Frank Nelligan saying that he tipped them for the Premier???
    People dont get very far listening seriously to Nelligan!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Nelligan hasn't a clue.tips teams to win and then they lose. In fairness are having a good cup run in the league cup and desmond cup

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True, I agree with you there. Is the Broadford and Rathkeale game changed aswell Friday night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Being a bit harsh there on Frank Nelligan lads, no? To be honest I thought they would be a lot better placed in the league than they are too. Its like the season 2 years ago where Shannonside had an average year in the league but won the League Cup & Desmond Cup.
    Looks like that match has been changed alright, don't know why though. I reckon Rathkeale will do it!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd say it has been changed due to NCW and Abbey have so many games in hand when most other teams have only two games left, may want to give them a chance to catch up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Possibly alright they have only 14 played. Was looking at the remaining fixtures for Glin & Shannonside, Glin have Athea & Rockhill While Shannonside have Ballingarry & Abbeyfeale (I think they're their remaining fixtures anyway). Glin could still stay up yet!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    16.1 ? What kind of a message is that to send out. Goal difference should never count in junior football. No lines men to call offside and referees trying to call it from the half way line etc. League cup competitions played on a league basis have always thrown embarrassing scorelines and deciding who plays in a final on this system is totally unfair. If the LDFL decide to go with this format again why not decide all drawn game with a penalty shoot out this to decide the head to head shjloud two teams end on the same number of points. And done say that penalty shootouts are a lottery. Penalty taking is a skill.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Ya you are right there. A league format for the league cup is a joke alright. A team conceding 16 goals is embarassing enough for them to go through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    I'd say it has been changed due to NCW and Abbey have so many games in hand when most other teams have only two games left, may want to give them a chance to catch up
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    Possibly alright they have only 14 played. Was looking at the remaining fixtures for Glin & Shannonside, Glin have Athea & Rockhill While Shannonside have Ballingarry & Abbeyfeale (I think they're their remaining fixtures anyway). Glin could still stay up yet!
    Reason it has been changed I'm told is due to some DSL rule where both 2nd last fixtures of the season and last last fixtures have to be played on the same time/day where teams have something to play for (i.e League title or Relegation).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    People being harsh on league PRO, think he does a great job, gives great coverage to league. He picks the wrong team to win a game, big deal, it's all about opinions. And as stated Abbey in two cup finals so they're obviously a half decent outfit.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rathkeale vs Broadford is on sunday morning I heard

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Broadford 1-0 Rathkeale
    Rockhill 0-0 Abbeyfeale
    Newcastle 5-1 Carrig
    Killeaney 8-1 Rathkeale B
    Abbeyfeale B 4-3 Adare Utd
    Last edited by fanaticfan; 18/05/2014 at 4:55 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wasn't being disrespectful to Frank, absolute gent and a long term servant to the leagues. Just pointing out that it's surprising that Abbeyfeale are actually in a relegation battle when at the start if the league were tipped for the league and actually had a great pre season win over st Brendan's from Kerry beating them 4 or 5:1. Great to get into to cup finals though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    True sportsfanatic. I agree with you. Abbeyfeale disappointing in the league this year but going great in the domestic cups. Another poor result this morning for them

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Good result for broadford yesterday against rathkeale. All they need is a draw away against newcastle west while rathkeale have to beat carrig away.

The thought the rule was that all teams have to play their last two games ob the last weekend but rathkeale and broadford have 1 game left and rest have 2

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When you look at the catchment area that Abbeyfeale United have you would have to feel that it is more than a disappointment that they don't challenge for the title every season. Who is their nearest serious competitor? A one club town. Big town, big pick and is it 2 or 3 league titles to show in 30 years? Can one imagine if one of the less fashionable clubs had their resourses what they might do? Does Broadford United have the same catchment area? Does Ballingarry? The cup is a fine competition to win but its the league that defines the best team.

As for Frank Nelligan. The man's a credit to the league, does a fine job for little thanks and without him our league wouldent get a mention on Sundays.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast