Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2013/14

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    You talk an unbelievable amount of sense, its great to hear. Where's all the other banter, that's what these forums are for like... not just for fixtures etc.
    The teams towards the bottom in those situations are most definitely at an advantage alright, it can be annoying if they have games in hand on teams who have the correct no. of fixtures played.
    Anyways what are we all thinking about the Desmond Cup final Saturday night? I reckon N.C.W to retain it.

Should be a good game - you'd think that Abbey will be all out for some silverware - could be a cagey affair early on

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Hopefully it's a good cup final and hopefully theres a great turn up to watch the game.i reckon newcastle to win but it will be close I think

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Feenagh and Newcastle B both given walkovers by Kilcornan and Granagh so Feenagh promoted to Division 1 for first time since 2009, bit of an anti-climax.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Are you serious johnnie c? If thats true then its a bit of a joke. That would be granaghs like 3rd or 4th walkover this season. Congratulations to feenagh on being promoted but its a good way on getting promoted but bad way for Newcastle B.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The desmond league is flawed every season for the same reason, once GAA begins team lose interest and we get situations like a team giving a walkover in desmond cup quarter finals. If thats true about div 2 both teams that gave walkovers should be deducted 3 points for next season. Its time to bring in summer soccer let the GAA boys decide for themselves then, i'm fed up seeing our game devalued every season because grown men wont play because " there not allowed". If teams cant field teams they would just have to amalgamate I'd rather have 2 divisions of " soccer clubs" than 4 div with teams that only fulfill 60 to 70 precent of their fixtures

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by last man back View Post
    The desmond league is flawed every season for the same reason, once GAA begins team lose interest and we get situations like a team giving a walkover in desmond cup quarter finals. If thats true about div 2 both teams that gave walkovers should be deducted 3 points for next season. Its time to bring in summer soccer let the GAA boys decide for themselves then, i'm fed up seeing our game devalued every season because grown men wont play because " there not allowed". If teams cant field teams they would just have to amalgamate I'd rather have 2 divisions of " soccer clubs" than 4 div with teams that only fulfill 60 to 70 precent of their fixtures
    Are you serious johnnie c? If thats true then its a bit of a joke. That would be granaghs like 3rd or 4th walkover this season. Congratulations to feenagh on being promoted but its a good way on getting promoted but bad way for Newcastle B.
    Not sure how many W/O Granagh have given but its fairly noticeable the last couple seasons they've really had a go at the cups and tried to maintain their status in the league - I can see their point of view when as everyone says you lose the GAA players near the back end of the season

We knew the situation with Feenagh and NCWB going for promotion but we'd a few away for the Bank Holiday, a couple regulars with long term injuries and the 7 o clock KO in Feenagh ruled out a couple working away. The 7/8 we had weren't going to prevent a BIG Feenagh win unfortunately. The GAA didnt really effect us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    2-0 to Abbey this evening, Gleeson and Smith with the goals, Kelliher also missed a peno, Abbey fully deserving of their win.
    Glin B beat Shauntrade 2-0 earlier in the day in the Division 3 League Cup final.
    Last edited by Johnnie C; 31/05/2014 at 11:43 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Yes Abbeyfeale deserved the win as they tried to play football in what was a poor cup final......but they won't worry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately) I didn't make it to the Desmond Cup Final. Abbey were deserving winners? Surprised, I thought 'twould be alot closer than that. Was the Premier League Cup Final Played this weekend too?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I thought the cup final was quite entertaining and abbey tried to play it in right way, ncw had no answer for abbey back four and gleeson in midfield was my man of match, wat time is final tomorrow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well that's the 2013-2014 season done & dusted. Good to see 3 different winners of the Desmond Cup, Premier League & Premier League Cup. With the winning of the Premier going to the last weekend of the season also. Hopefully more of the same next season.
    Newcastle West will surely be back better than this season, then you have Broadford, Rathkeale & Abbey to add to that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Premier Division League Cup Final Result
    Carrig Celtic 2-1 Abbey United
    "I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock" - Barry Venison

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526