Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Limerick Division 1A 2013/14

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, just A an B Team at Junior level and if you can get a squad of players to play as a C Team that will contribute to the club instead of just being a drain on resources then so be it. You would ideally have A and B Team at every level including Schoolyboys and Youths.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    If 3 clubs amalgamate.would they intend to have A, B, C teams?? If not where would all the rest of the players go.Could be a lot of lads out there playing no football at all then which imo would be a total disaster.
    surely that would have to be decided by the single clubs committee once joined, but I would expect it to be a topic of conversation alright

the most important thing would be to have the players on the lower teams pushing themselves to play higher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Feet Up View Post
    surely that would have to be decided by the single clubs committee once joined, but I would expect it to be a topic of conversation alright

the most important thing would be to have the players on the lower teams pushing themselves to play higher
    Players that are playing B and C team football have no interest in pushing themselves to a higher level that's half the problem, majority just want to go down and have a kick about with the lads and not train too hard. Plenty of players have the ability to play A team football just don't actually want to as you have to train that bit harder and give that bit more commitment. You see alot more teenagers going from youths to B teams instead of A teams because alot of lads just don't have the interest anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Players that are playing B and C team football have no interest in pushing themselves to a higher level that's half the problem, majority just want to go down and have a kick about with the lads and not train too hard. Plenty of players have the ability to play A team football just don't actually want to as you have to train that bit harder and give that bit more commitment. You see alot more teenagers going from youths to B teams instead of A teams because alot of lads just don't have the interest anymore
    hibs7772 think your being very harsh on a lot of b team players some of them more than capable of playing A Team football and sometimes it is down to A team managers not asking them or giving them a chance to prove themselves many of decent players around Shannon started at b team level , but also think you are spot on with some players having no interest in pushing onto a higher level and look at Shannon at the moment with players dropping to 3rd division in clare to play football

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To be successful, you have to have commitment and work ethic as a minimum base, unfortunately most lads don't really want to put in the commitment or effort, so ultimately don't ever get success, or push themselves to play for the A team,or better, they like the idea of it, but don't want to work for it.
    Whether you have an a,b,c team depends on the numbers, if you have enough players, then I would say why not, if you don't have enough, then I would sy why ? Maybe I think things are more straight forward than they actually are. Things don't have to be, but more often than not they are made complicated by people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    hibs7772 think your being very harsh on a lot of b team players some of them more than capable of playing A Team football and sometimes it is down to A team managers not asking them or giving them a chance to prove themselves many of decent players around Shannon started at b team level , but also think you are spot on with some players having no interest in pushing onto a higher level and look at Shannon at the moment with players dropping to 3rd division in clare to play football
    I said plenty of players from B teams would be able play A team football just don't have the interest

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Donal magee, new shannon town manager. Great to see Donal coaching in shannon

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don't panic View Post
    Delighted to have him onboard.
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don't panic View Post
    he was already coaching the town girls in shannon ?? has job been confirmed as A Team manager ?? as i have heard it is not definate yet and james carraig still being mentioned as new manager ?

" football is a simple game "

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    he was already coaching the town girls in shannon ?? has job been confirmed as A Team manager ?? as i have heard it is not definate yet and james carraig still being mentioned as new manager ?
    Well the AGM was on Wednesday and I heard it was definite after that anyway...
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev Yashin View Post
    was that the Shannon Town AGM or the 'New super club AGM' :-)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev Yashin View Post
    I heard today he was going from lifford to newmarket

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546