Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drogheda (H) 14-0513

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Drogheda (H) 14-0513

I'm a bit nervous bout this one. Play like we did in Cork and I can't see us winning. Aaron Brown should be dropped to bring O'Callaghan back in.
    Really hoping Drogheda are a bit dented after what Rovers did to them Saturday and we can catch them a bit cold.

I'm going 2 - 1 Drogheda.
    1 penalty and 1 red card.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    I'm a bit nervous bout this one. Play like we did in Cork and I can't see us winning. Aaron Brown should be dropped to bring O'Callaghan back in.
    Really hoping Drogheda are a bit dented after what Rovers did to them Saturday and we can catch them a bit cold.

I'm going 2 - 1 Drogheda.
    1 penalty and 1 red card.
    that's the spirit

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    that's the spirit
    Positivity has been flowing through me the last few weeks... My wife's loving it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    poor match enough said.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Yup terrible performance against a well drilled committed Drogheda.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    painfull viewing i,m afraid,even allowing for the poor conditions the performance looked like one of those ..going through the motions...type of effort.the fact that ryan got m.o.m says a lot about it .poor passing all over the pitch but the amount of possession lost in our own half hard to believe and it repeated right through the game with no change in tactics coming from the mgt who once again blotted the copy book by one of them being sent from the dugout and gamble in trouble again another regular page in limericks story book.only tested the keeper really once when axel clean through in the first half,after that huff and puff a bit no penetration in the last third of the pitch,tbf the drogs battled away defended well enough without a serious test from us,given they arrived here a bit fragile after the rovers debacle we were devoid of any bite to question their mental state.taylor needs to take stock maybe ruffle a few feathers .bad result,bad performance,brutal night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I did not envy any of those players on the field tonight, wretched conditions. Not a bad crowd for a Tuesday and the weather. Our lads need to inject some energy, midfield trio needed to show for more. Drogs pressed and competed very well all night but did not create much....we mostly handed their chances to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Wish our bench was a lot more professional

We were terrible, Gamble was going as soon as he got the first, Drogheda weren't really troubled and deserved their result

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Wish our bench was a lot more professional

We were terrible, Gamble was going as soon as he got the first, Drogheda weren't really troubled and deserved their result
    Any idea why he was sent off?
    It was a terrible performance. Like someone else said, it's lucky the next home game is against Sligo, because it'd be down to just over 1,000 attendance wise.
    Last night showed how dependent we are on some players, O'Leary wasn't at his best, Gamble huffed and puffed. We don't have enough players who can carry the team when they're off, and we don't have the players on the bench to do anything about it.
    I know he was caught short at the start of the season, but Taylor only really put together a first 11, so I'd say July can't come quick enough for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    [QUOTE=kingpin4;1685188]Any idea why he was sent off?[QUOTE]

Went to ground and tackled your man from behind for his second yellow, ref played on but was always going to call it back. What I meant was when he gets booked you always sense he'll get another one, you can say that's his game or lack of discipline

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    [QUOTE=harpin;1685207][QUOTE=kingpin4;1685188]Any idea why he was sent off?

Went to ground and tackled your man from behind for his second yellow, ref played on but was always going to call it back. What I meant was when he gets booked you always sense he'll get another one, you can say that's his game or lack of discipline
    I actually meant Thomson, lol. What happened there? Gamble can be a liability with stuff like that, you just know the ref is waiting for him to do something else so he can send him off...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    [QUOTE=kingpin4;1685212][QUOTE=harpin;1685207]
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Any idea why he was sent off?

I actually meant Thomson, lol. What happened there? Gamble can be a liability with stuff like that, you just know the ref is waiting for him to do something else so he can send him off...
    The usual....mouthing. Taylor then Thomson were having a pop next minute it looked like Thomson wanted to murder Cooke. Seriously it's getting farcical now Hickey as well was sent off against Shels, surelly there's one cool head on the bench

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    According to a few people that were on the bench something completely out of order was said to Thomson by one of the Drogs bench and that is why he reacted. Taylor was fuming with it after the game too when talking to reporters im told.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    According to a few people that were on the bench something completely out of order was said to Thomson by one of the Drogs bench and that is why he reacted. Taylor was fuming with it after the game too when talking to reporters im told.
    taylor is starting to sound like a broken record of late ,you cant blame officials all the time,the mgt,s conduct this season during matchs has been very poor and after all the manager and his assistant are fulltime are they not,one surely has to expect a bit more of professional attitude.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    taylor is starting to sound like a broken record of late ,you cant blame officials all the time,the mgt,s conduct this season during matchs has been very poor and after all the manager and his assistant are fulltime are they not,one surely has to expect a bit more of professional attitude.
    That's the thing, it's fine showing he's emotional and committed to the team and everything, but it's starting to look poor for the club at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post

Where did he blame officials? He was furious about something that was said to Malky Thomson something that a few people have said was way out of line. Form what im told he said the officials were fine it was the comment made from a member of Drogs bench to Thomson he had a problem with and if it was way out of line like i was told it was then he has every right to be annoyed about it.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Its not right that the team and the management have been sent off numerous times this season. Cooler heads should prevail.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Its not right that the team and the management have been sent off numerous times this season. Cooler heads should prevail.

How many of the reds have been because of people losing the head one from a player Barry Ryan after Sligo. The management team are passionate but do need to calm down a bit but people are having a go at Thomson without having a clue what he was sent off for.

Nzuzi and Browns reds were just poorly timed last ditch tackles and Gamble lastnigt was because of 2 poorly timed tackles Axels red in Drogheda was a complete joke he never made a motion towards Cassidy. Mistimed tackles or making a last ditch tackle that just goes wrong is nothing to do with cool heads its just part of football.

I may ahve forgotten a sending off i cant remember how many there has been at the minute but ive seen people say it a few times now that the team has poor discipline that is incorrect imo they have been unlucky with some things and other decisions have been an absolute joke tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    That's my point though he shouldn't have reacted no matter how bad it was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    That's my point though he shouldn't have reacted no matter how bad it was
    That depends what it is imo i dont care how professional you are there are some things that if they are said you are going to react no matter what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast