Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Randolph (G West Ham b.1987)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Sounds like a very good move. Middlesbrough have been defensively sound for a number of years also so he shouldn't be too busy there. I've been just looking at their goalkeeping situation at the moment.

Valdes and Guzan have left the club.

Konstantopoulos is a 38 year old journey man with one cap for Greece. You'd imagine he wouldn't be much of a threat. He has recently signed a contract extension.

Then there's a former Real Madrid goalkeeper who, at 28, has only played twelve senior matches!

Randolph's biggest threat appears to be Connor Ripley, the son of former Blackburn Rovers title winner, Stuart. The 24 year old spent the last few years out on loan but seemed to excel for Oldham last season, keeping eighteen clean sheets and making the League One team of the season.

On a side note, if Patrick Bamford recaptures his previous Championship form when he won player of the season, it might be useful to have Randy and Cyrus knocking around at Boro. Christie, in particular, will be able to relate to Bamford's situation.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    If they hold onto Gibson it will make Randolph's life a lot easier too.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    There's only room for one Gibson in the championship!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Yep great move for himself and ireland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Randolph and Middlesbrough on the end of a 1-0 defeat to Wolves. Terrible start to the season for one of the promotion hopefuls - I mean, they're only out of the drop zone on alphabetical order: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/championship/table

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    It's at times like this when you realise AFC Bournemouth have a wise naming strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Two wins and two clean sheets for Randy & Cyrus as Middlesbrough get their season back on track after their opening day defeat. Seems like an inspired move for both.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Two wins and two clean sheets for Randy & Cyrus as Middlesbrough get their season back on track after their opening day defeat. Seems like an inspired move for both.
    Definitely. Was fantastic to see how Randolph didn't hang around and the moment Hart was in the frame he seemed to get the first ship out of there. It would have been easy to go with nonsense talk like I'm here and will fight for my place and just end up with no football. It was a decisive move and if Adrian had got away first he would likely have been stuck there

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Boro look quality and Monk is a quality manager. It's early door but if they can keep Ben Gibson and keep Assombalonga firing then they have a great chance. A sideways move for Cyrus may ultimately be an upward move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Boro look quality and Monk is a quality manager. It's early door but if they can keep Ben Gibson and keep Assombalonga firing then they have a great chance. A sideways move for Cyrus may ultimately be an upward move.
    Seems like it could be the best of both worlds for Christie, both in terms of game time and promotion prospects. Derby's probably a better place to live though!

Just a little update on the post at the top of this page. Connor Ripley signed a new three-year deal at Middlesbrough last week before joining Burton on a season-long loan. That eases the pressure on Randolph significantly it would seem and emphasises Middlesbrough's faith in him - http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...albion-on-loan
    Last edited by DeLorean; 16/08/2017 at 11:38 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I’d guess there are some very nice places to live within 10 miles of Middlesbrough. Same as Sheffield and other northern cities.

This is good for Randolph. I’d prefer a keeper being undisputed no.1 and conceding few goals in a winning team for a top club in the Championship rather than a struggling team in the EPL, losing more often than winning and facing criticism, being low on confidence or fighting to keep his place.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I’d guess there are some very nice places to live within 10 miles of Middlesbrough. Same as Sheffield and other northern cities.
    Reminded me of this...

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    • I noticed on several other websites a few fans persisting with the folly of criticising Randolph, which is laughable in the extreme; he was almost entirely faultless, again, over the two games.
    I wouldn't disagree that he was almost faultless over the two games, although Didi Hamman felt he should have been shaper for the Georgian goal, nit picking perhaps. He didn't have a lot to do though, it was well documented how Georgia didn't get as many chances as their dominance deserved and he made one decent save against Serbia.

However, he was absolutely atrocious in his stint as West Ham's number one. People can ignore it all they like but he was probably directly responsible for more goal concessions than any other PL player during his time as first choice goalkeeper. I don't think I'm exaggerating. Anybody that thinks his quality of performance has been better than Westwood's over a significant period either hasn't been paying attention or probably blinded by the fact that he's done okay for us for the most part (his major errors either went unpunished or they happened in friendlies that were easily forgiven). He's a very average goalkeeper.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 09/09/2017 at 3:37 AM.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    The only time Randolph concerned me over the two games was an errant ball out in the opening ten minutes against Serbia, but Elliot's distribution is hardly better; he's been torn asunder by Newcastle fans for that.

As long as he is performing for us, his club form is a moot point for me.

Walters is first name on the team sheet despite his declining fortunes domestically.

I'm sure there are other examples, McCarthy when he was injured every other week last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Five clean sheets in seven for Randz.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I saw a clip on Sky Sports last night where he flapped at a ball across his 6 yard box that really should have cost a goal. It was a square ball, waist high and he dived out, failed to catch it and it dropped straight to an attacker's feet who whacked it against the bar, possibly with Randz redeeming himself with a touch. It was really poor goalkeeping / decision making. Just saying.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I saw a clip on Sky Sports last night where he flapped at a ball across his 6 yard box that really should have cost a goal. It was a square ball, waist high and he dived out, failed to catch it and it dropped straight to an attacker's feet who whacked it against the bar, possibly with Randz redeeming himself with a touch. It was really poor goalkeeping / decision making. Just saying.
    I saw that as well but unfortunately I also saw Westwood's blooper against Brentford enabling them to score their first away goal of the season.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    In the EFL team of the week: https://www.efl.com/news/2017/novemb...ent=2017-11-06

Goalkeeper: Darren Randolph (Middlesbrough)

Marcus Tavernier’s sixth-minute strike proved enough for Middlesbrough to take all three points against Sunderland in the Tees-Wear derby at the Riverside Stadium.

Just moments beforehand, Randolph made a fine double save to keep out the visitors, and looked assured throughout, thwarting the Black Cats in their search for an equaliser.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

25. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Yikes. Anyone see his sliced clearance for Vydra's third goal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Yes, but game was lost at that stage. Luckily he hasn't done anything as blatant as that for us yet, although, despite Whelan or Beglin, cant remember which, giving him MotM in Copenhagen, I wasn't convinced by the two saves where he pushed the ball out to on-coming Danish players.

28. Thanks From:

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast