Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PFAI Watch

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

PFAI Watch

I think it's worth having a thread to record the fabulous adventures of our very own PFAI and their very own hot shot lawyer Staurt Gilhooly. They provide their fair share of WTF moments so well worth keeping them together I think.

Some retweets from their account today:

"Club licensing here over the years has been a joke!! Not enough scrutiny!! Too many clubs have failed or about to!!"

Interesting.

"Nominees for #POTY award are: @GarethBale11, Carrick, @Hazardeden10, @JuanMata10, @Luis16Suarez & @Persie_Official #PFA @barclaysfooty"

"Nominees for #YPOTY award are: @GarethBale11, Benteke, @RomeluLukaku9, @Hazardeden10, Welbeck and @JackWilshere #PFA @BarclaysFooty"

Relevant.

"The Rangers FC insolvency is far from funny but one has to smile that two key officials in the mess are a Mr Green and a Mr Whyte"

Right.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    They really are fine upstanding representatives of the nations footballing talent, allegedly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I think it's worth having a thread to record the fabulous adventures of our very own PFAI and their very own hot shot lawyer Staurt Gilhooly. They provide their fair share of WTF moments so well worth keeping them together I think.

Some retweets from their account today:

"Club licensing here over the years has been a joke!! Not enough scrutiny!! Too many clubs have failed or about to!!"

Interesting.

Hard to know whether this is LOI or EPL....

If LOI, there is one club rumoured to be struggling (or just not bothered) with wages. Question is, how many of their players would be PFAI members?

Could be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    You're a NOBODY if you haven't be blocked by one/both of those accounts

We are a Union, but we don't like people asking reasonable questions.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariborKev View Post
    We are a Union, but we don't like people asking reasonable questions.
    Correction. We were a Union. We're not anymore

Stop being a Union in October 2011
    http://www.irisoifigiuil.ie/archive/...r/Ir211011.pdf

CRO list of Trade Unions
    https://www.cro.ie/rfs/SocDetails.as...SOCIETY_TEXT=T

(They're 527T if you're asked to search)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    EDIT

They're also a management company. Not a Trade union

https://twitter.com/pfaisolicitor/st...61364103708672
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The esteemed Mr Gilhooly has been casting his eye over the Suarez judgement.

Have now read full Suarez judgment. Overall, it's an utterly embarrassing decision based on logic that would make Monty Python cringe....
    Strangely his unbiased opinion always comes down on the side of Liverpool.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    EDIT

They're also a management company. Not a Trade union

https://twitter.com/pfaisolicitor/st...61364103708672
    So does this mean they're a commercial entity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    The esteemed Mr Gilhooly has been casting his eye over the Suarez judgement.

Strangely his unbiased opinion always comes down on the side of Liverpool.
    Not the first time he's done that either. Couldn't comment on the Zayed/Turner incident but happy to back Suarez against Evra.

I feel sorry for Suarez having guff merchants like Gilhooly trying to back him up
    ---

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    As expected, complete silence from PFAI over Ross Gaynor red card which will encourage 'fans' to get on players cases so that they may react and be red carded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Count your blessings. Objectivity seems way beyond them - might as well settle for consistency.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Maybe its because Ross was not wholly innocent. Whilst the alleged comments made to him were disgusting, his decision to celebrate in front of away fans instead of his own, and his particular choice of hand gesture was not a smart move on his behalf. He only invited the referee, who no doubt didn't see/hear the preceeding off the field antics during the game because he was focussing on the game.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMourinho View Post
    Maybe its because Ross was not wholly innocent. Whilst the alleged comments made to him were disgusting, his decision to celebrate in front of away fans instead of his own, and his particular choice of hand gesture was not a smart move on his behalf. He only invited the referee, who no doubt didn't see/hear the preceeding off the field antics during the game because he was focussing on the game.
    All that you say may well be correct.

But this is very dangerous territory, where it appears that the taunting of these "Fans" (as you call them) ultimately lead to their team getting an advantage on the pitch. The fact that Gaynor got red carded will only encourage more of the same from other "fans".

Any half rational Players body would be standing up against the abuse of the players - racist abuse not ok, other types fine and dandy?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    You wouldn't expect Buttimer to see anything going on off the pitch. He can barely see anything happening on the pitch.

18. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Very simple solution...anyone chanting something like that should and should have been ejected by security. Therefore having no effect on the game and there is no incentive to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    PFAI ‏@PFAIOfficialScottish PFA manager of the year is Allen Johnson(sic) of Queen of the South. Yes, you read that right.
    Was Delighted to get this tweet(along with others on the same subject) last night(slow Twitter night),Allan has been a fan of the LOI for years.Glad i read it right too BTW.Might have gotten confused and thought i was gone completly bananas what with all the drugs & stuff i've had over the weekend only for the prompt at the end of the tweet reminded me that it was Allan Johnson who won

Few cans of Tennants and a bottle of Bucky and the PFAI will tweet any oul shoite it seems.
    Last edited by bullit; 06/05/2013 at 4:15 AM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Was Delighted to get this tweet(along with others on the same subject) last night(slow Twitter night),Allan has been a fan of the LOI for years.Glad i read it right too BTW.Might have gotten confused and thought i was gone completly bananas what with all the drugs & stuff i've had over the weekend only for the prompt at the end of the tweet reminded me that it was Allan Johnson who won

Few cans of Tennants and a bottle of Bucky and the PFAI will tweet any oul shoite it seems.
    heard that on sky sports news today. why is Allan Johnston so into the loi and wots da connection??
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Statements just out:

Statements from the PFAI and Mr Gary Dunphy following the decision of the FAI DRC - Mr Gary Dunphy v Waterford United Football Club

From the PFAI:

We represent Mr Gary Dunphy who has been employed as a player by Waterford United for 5 years up until the conclusion on the 2012 season. He began to experience significant difficulties in his hip area over the course of 2012 season and in June of last year, his hip gave way resulting in a referral by the club doctor to Mr Patrick Carton in the Whitfield Clinic, who is an acknowledged expert in this area. Mr Carton immediately recommended arthroscopic surgery to both hips in order to provide Gary with his only chance to return to playing football. This was communicated to Waterford United and they were asked to promptly arrange for such treatment and be responsible for the fees in accordance with their obligations under Clauses 16 and 19 of the Standard Players Contract. They failed to do this and indeed have not provided any funding towards the players treatment. He was provided with injective therapy through the public health system which has not been successful and Mr Carton has recently stated his disappointment that the surgery was not provided when first suggested as he feels he could be back playing by now, had the surgery been carried out when first advised.

The PFAI attempted to communicate with Waterford United up until late last year but it became clear that they did not intend to uphold their obligations and in fact refused to engage with the issue in any meaningful way. As his contract was not renewed at the end of the 2012 season, the player was forced to use the FAI's dispute resolution process to reach a satisfactory conclusion. This has resulted in a ruling that Waterford United will have to be responsible for the cost of the player's operations.

It is deeply regrettable that it was necessary to enter such a lengthy and costly process. It has been clear from the outset that the club were obliged to pay for treatment and their refusal to do so is hugely disappointing. We are aware that the vast majority of clubs are conscious of and compliant with their obligations in respect of medical treatment and we hope that such a dispute does not arise again in the future. However, clubs should be aware that the PFAI will continue to support its players in such circumstances and will vindicate their rights should it be necessary.

From Mr Gary Dunphy:

I'm very relieved that this saga is finally over. I'd been committed to Waterford United for over five years and had given my all for the club. As most people are aware, wages in the League of Ireland, and particularly the first division, are very low but I was delighted to play for my hometown club, no matter what the pay. It was a real surprise and massive disappointment to me that they failed to do anything to assist me when I got injured and I felt like I was hung out to dry because I was no use to them anymore. I've haven't heard a thing from the club since last September. Now, I'm looking forward to getting the operations done as soon as possible and getting back to playing football which is all I've ever wanted to do. I'd like to express my appreciation for assistance of the PFAI, particularly Ollie Cahill, Stephen McGuinness and their solicitor, Stuart Gilhooly.
    They seem to be right for a change here, albeit we have heard nothing from the other side of the story.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    That's the point though, a good union is very much needed in the LOI.

They're not a union though.

I believe the solicitor wasn't present for the hearing, they used someone else instead
    ---

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    As Mr A stated, so far there is only one side to the story. If what is being presented is even close to being factual, it would reflect badly on those involved on behalf of the club.

I hope Waterford make a statement to clarify this as a matter of urgency

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast