Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Joe Gamble's comments about Jackman Park

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Joe Gamble's comments about Jackman Park

Just wondering what people thought about Joe Gambles comments in the Independant today about Jackman Park. I thought they were insulting and cheap. Perhaps he is trying to blame the pitch on the unimpressive season he had last year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    A disgrace to be honest have to remember ldmc took limerick in when nobody else would. Im sure POS made his feelings clear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    Just wondering what people thought about Joe Gambles comments in the Independant today about Jackman Park. I thought they were insulting and cheap. Perhaps he is trying to blame the pitch on the unimpressive season he had last year.

He had a fine season last year, And if he said it was crap then he was 100% right. What exactly did he say?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how can you back up that statement we all know it is a poor league of ireland ground but to make the comments on a national newspaper about jackman park was very unprofessional..limerick do not have a home and to knock the place that gave the club a ground when they had no ground was 100% wrong.. where would limerick fc have played if jackman was not an option?? Short memories people have!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Bird View Post
    how can you back up that statement we all know it is a poor league of ireland ground but to make the comments on a national newspaper about jackman park was very unprofessional..limerick do not have a home and to knock the place that gave the club a ground when they had no ground was 100% wrong.. where would limerick fc have played if jackman was not an option?? Short memories people have!!

I remember alright, i remember just how crap Jackman Park is and if Joe has said its crap then he is being honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have'nt read his comments and don't particulary want too. That guy will play for whoever pays him the most. While Jackman Park facilities are dull and bleak I think the pitch is a great surface for most of the season especially as there are so many local games played there also. Credit must be given to LMDC for being able to keep it looking so good. Perhaps some cosmetic work on dressing room facilities and internal boundry walls and possibly carpark area, some lighting in the "stand" and some fresh paint work all round. I like it as a venue to watch games and always enjoyed listening to our "gentle giant" Damien cheer us up with his well timed one liners We wont hear him much at Thomond I suppose because his wee voice will be lost in the vast empty spaces.... Jackman park is better than, Cobh,Dundalk,Drogheda,wexford,bohs,shels (except new dressing room end), monaghan, finn harps,.... am i getting carried away or is the grass greener at home
    Gold is for winners......

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    Jackman park is better than, Cobh,Dundalk,Drogheda,wexford,bohs,shels (except new dressing room end), monaghan, finn harps,.... am i getting carried away or is the grass greener at home
    Really? How? Sorry im baffled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    That guy will play for whoever pays him the most.

Credit must be given to LMDC for being able to keep it looking so good.

Jackman park is better than, Cobh,Dundalk,Drogheda,wexford,bohs,shels (except new dressing room end), monaghan, finn harps,.... am i getting carried away or is the grass greener at home

So he would do the same as any other player in teh country then.

The reason the pitch was kept in such good shape was because it was looked after by a groundsman provided by Limerick.

The ground at Jackman is better then none of those you have listed and the pitch might be better then one or two but thats it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and people wonder why there is people in junior soccer that have no time for limerick fc slagging off the hand that fed them.. only for ldmc giving limerick the pitch there probably would not be a limerick fc.. he should have been a bit more diplomatic in his comments on a national newspaper and as for having a good last season i think you are on your own there,he didnt kick a ball..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    and people wonder why there is people in junior soccer that have no time for limerick fc slagging off the hand that fed them.. only for ldmc giving limerick the pitch there probably would not be a limerick fc.. he should have been a bit more diplomatic in his comments on a national newspaper and as for having a good last season i think you are on your own there,he didnt kick a ball..

They let Limerick use it for free did they?

I know loads of people that thought he had a good season. People that didnt miss a single game last year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i never said it was for free but the fact they wer the only ones that wer willing to let limerick use their facilities when everyonelse had turned their backs it is wrong to slate them on a national newspaper or any newspaper for that matter.. as for joe having a good last season not too many coming to his defence on this and fair play to you and your mates for supporting limerick home and away thru thick and thin but sometimes you have to be honest and say he was wrong for doing it and maybe the reporter took his comments out of context but it did not make good reading...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Hah! That pretty much made my day.

As awful a state as Finn Park is in currently, I'd still call it Camp Nou over Jackman.

Of the grounds you mentioned, Cobh is a fine little ground, nothing wrong with it. Dundalk is a great ground. Drogheda has it's problems but still light-years ahead of Jackman, Wexford has nout wrong with it. Dalymount is still the traditional home of Irish football, bits of it a little worse for wear, but still the Jodi is one of the best stands in the League, Shels is delipidated, but still a fine ground, and Monaghan is a fantastic ground. Small but brilliant.
    Last edited by nigel-harps1954; 17/03/2013 at 11:17 AM.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    i never said it was for free but the fact they wer the only ones that wer willing to let limerick use their facilities when everyonelse had turned their backs it is wrong to slate them on a national newspaper or any newspaper for that matter.. as for joe having a good last season not too many coming to his defence on this and fair play to you and your mates for supporting limerick home and away thru thick and thin but sometimes you have to be honest and say he was wrong for doing it and maybe the reporter took his comments out of context but it did not make good reading...
    I don't know what exactly was said i've been trying to find out. What i've been saying is if he said its crap then he is not wrong the way he said it may be totally out of order and if it is there is no need of that. If he has been completely disrespectful then it is wrong. But he does not represent the club in that which has been said in the apology they put on the website. I do appreciate the fact the LDMC gave us somewhere to play but i said all the time we were there that the place was horrible.

I know its a completely different thing but ive always wondered why its so bad. Look at the home of Galway Junior football and the homes of junior football in other parts of the country they are far far better than what is in Limerick even though Limerick Junior soccer is one of the strongest team and player wise in the country. Just wonder why Jackman has never been improved.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Jackman Park is a poor stadium with a poor surface and fully deserves its considered place near the bottom of any ground table.

I thought Gamble had a fine season last year, but Id agree that comments of this nature are unprofessional from a man in his position.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Gamble something on the lines of its a dive and a couple of grenades should be dropped on the place.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    gamble is without doubt one of the most talented players in the league,however while he had some moments last seasons efforts were by and large quite disappointing,he will do much better this season and given his rather large pay packet he would be better off concentrating on justifying it rather than commenting on part of the tools that helped him earn it last season.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    That is unprofessional from gamble but the clubs statement on the matter says gamble realises what he said was out of order. It is a poor ground but did a fine job for us.

Jackman actually improved a lot when we moved in also with a lot being re-painted, re surfaced, the hill being dug up and cleaned up, new turnstiles etc... If limerick hadn't gone in their the place would probably be still in a bad way. I know the LDMC paid for a lot of that but it took LOI going back there for the improvements to happen.

As mentioned other junior head quarters are miles a head of Jackman and questions should be asked why.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair comments lads and if he has apologised he cant do anymore..im not disagreeing eiter it is not up to any standard and limerick have put a bit into it..one has to wonder where all the money goes to?? fines,registration fees,gates also the money that they got off limerick past few years????

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Fair comments lads and if he has apologised he cant do anymore..im not disagreeing eiter it is not up to any standard and limerick have put a bit into it..one has to wonder where all the money goes to?? fines,registration fees,gates also the money that they got off limerick past few years????
    If memory serves me right the accounts showed limerick fc gave a total of in around 10,000 for the use of Jackman. Spread that out over the last 4 seasons and you are looking at in or around 40,000. Then as you mention the fines etc...on top of that questions do need to be asked. I have heard though that the dressing rooms are being expanded and some more work on the ground also but when you look at other grounds in limerick I think Jackman is behind them facilities wise. Carew, Pike, Boro etc... All have better changing rooms and showers. Even some clubs in lower divisions have better ones. Terryland, Turners Cross, Drom, Cobh, Mervue, Castlebar, Carrick are all better facilities also and serve smaller amounts of junior and schoolboy teams.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Joe Gamble was one of our better players last season, he does an obscene amount of donkey work and breaking up of the play. Jackman Park was the worst facility in the league (aside from, at a push, Fahy's Field and The Drom) and while the LDMC deserve a modicum of credit for facilitating Limerick's use of it they were well looked after for it. It's no coincidence that Limerick haven't played a home friendly on it in years.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.