Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limerick F.C. Vs Cork City - 10/3/2013 - Thomond Park

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    That's because the fella doing announcements started talking over the fans when the team came out. Bit annoying being honest.
    Thats something you should let the club know about and resolve. The clubs should be able to get the announcer to work with the fans, and get them cheering etc.

Have to say i thought it was a great crowd, i wasn't at the game myself but manage to see some on tv and it looked great. Might be better if the top section was closed off a bit so it pushes people closer together, better for atmosphere.

The brand of football played by both teams we good imo, for a first league game it bodes well. Limerick are alot better than i thought they would be.

I think people need to startr writing letter to local newspapers, texting radio shows, posting twits and facebook messages of local businesses etc. highlighting the game, discussing the aftermath and raising the profile of it, that'll make it easier to advertise the games then. Pull out all the stops to get the crowds up. A lot easier to keep crowds coming back when they see other people there.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I think there's general agreement the crowd was much bigger than stated. Between the kids, school groups and Cork fans who weren't counted, I'd say it was closer to 4.5k.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Yesterday was not a bad start for Limerick, however the reports of delays getting into the ground and over the top security must be sorted straight away. It is good to see two teams trying to play the right way and the weather will surely be better for the next home game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Yesterday was not a bad start for Limerick, however the reports of delays getting into the ground and over the top security must be sorted straight away. It is good to see two teams trying to play the right way and the weather will surely be better for the next home game.
    Might be an idea for people to let the club know about their experiences, so they are aware of what happened and they can address it then. Just a quick email should do the trick.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I enjoyed the atmosphere but was disappointed by our performance. I thought we never got going and everyone of our players were making silly mistakes. I know the wind didn't help but we were like a team who hadn't played a competitive game before Sunday and we were lucky to take a point from the game even though we had the best chance to score with Daryl Horgan 1 on 1 with the keeper.I was impressed with Danny Galbraith and I think he will be a stand out player in this division as the season progresses. Saw him play a few times with Hibs and he looked to have a future there but fell out of favour.With Purcell and Gaffney to come back in the squad looks strong and they will be up there with us. I thought Tommy should have left Daryl Kavanagh up front and brought Denis Behan on with him and went 4-4-2. Would also like to see us playing Horgan on the right and Rundle on the left from the start at some stage.Lets see what way Tommy approaches the Bohs game. Ah its great to be back in action after the long wait. Cant wait for Friday now!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    draw just about right,cork the team in the first half ,we improved in the second.good to see our approach has changed,a far cry from last seasons hoof it up the pitch so long may that continue,word of caution on our passing across the back..at times it looked shakey and callaghans performance hardly helped.folan looks the part,as does williams but will reserve judgement on the other newbies.given most of our select are now fulltime i would be expecting alot more in future weeks,but the new man did well on his first outing and showed with withdrawing callaghan he sees what needs to be done.thomond is too big for soccer at this level,crowds will be far less than the one sunday for future games bar rovers and with the cork lads swelling the att and the obvious freebies there i would consider the actual limerick att disappointing,though if taylor can get us winning that will change hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Might be an idea for people to let the club know about their experiences, so they are aware of what happened and they can address it then. Just a quick email should do the trick.
    I let them know soon enough after the game. Hopefully they will get it sorted. Despite being what I classify as outside the LoI fanbase, as Kerry unfortunately does not have a club, I'm likely to be pushing support by encouraging the Limerick lads to take in the games. Bar UCD, no offence meant to them, a good number of the upcoming fixtures are worth going to. Looking forward to seeing both Rovers, Bohs, Shels and Derry over the course of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    draw just about right,cork the team in the first half ,we improved in the second.good to see our approach has changed,a far cry from last seasons hoof it up the pitch so long may that continue,word of caution on our passing across the back..at times it looked shakey and callaghans performance hardly helped.folan looks the part,as does williams but will reserve judgement on the other newbies.given most of our select are now fulltime i would be expecting alot more in future weeks,but the new man did well on his first outing and showed with withdrawing callaghan he sees what needs to be done.thomond is too big for soccer at this level,crowds will be far less than the one sunday for future games bar rovers and with the cork lads swelling the att and the obvious freebies there i would consider the actual limerick att disappointing,though if taylor can get us winning that will change hopefully.
    The weather and it being put to a Sunday did not help. A lot of mammies boys were very good on mother's day!!

The club is putting in a lot of hard work and deserves support. If they sort the issues of people getting into the game, I think most who go the games should have an enjoyable experience and will come back.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12