Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eunan O'Kane (M Leeds Utd (loaned to Luton Town) b.1990)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Cheers dude.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He's set to be out of favour for at least Bournemouth's next game, and it's touch and go whether he'll be in favour in time to make the Ireland squad O'Neill anounces on Tuesday: http://www.london24.com/sport/footba...shes_1_4196578

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Just saw extended highlights of Liverpool v Bournemouth. I was impressed by O'Kane. Good crisp passer, good first touch. Uses both feet. Not afraid to seek the ball under pressure. Looks to do something positive with the ball always. Accretive (!). Importantly, he looks quite quick. Seems to have good positional sense. Nearly turned straight into trouble once but got away with it through good technique.

Better player than Meyler. Threat to Whelan.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Just saw extended highlights of Liverpool v Bournemouth. I was impressed by O'Kane. Good crisp passer, good first touch. Uses both feet. Not afraid to seek the ball under pressure. Looks to do something positive with the ball always. Accretive (!). Importantly, he looks quite quick. Seems to have good positional sense. Nearly turned straight into trouble once but got away with it through good technique.

I definitely understated/neglected the above points in my summary of his performance. I just found his positioning and defending were on the money but his passing definitely looked good.

He is definitely benefiting from the fact that Howe is putting his faith in players with no/minimal PL experience (I can't say I'd heard of any of the back four prior to this season) and his history as a lower league player and bit part last season haven't come against him at all in gaining selection against Liverpool. As a result, his prospects are bright for the next outing.

6. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Called up to the Ireland for I think the first time? Other times were as stand-by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Aye, first named squad he's been part of.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    A Derryman in the Ireland squad? Surely not.
    What will them in the North say.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I'd doubt they would even care as they are going to qualify for the Euros and we aren't.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I expect they will be keen to give him a good canning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    The 24-year-old had a heart-to-heart discussion with manager Eddie Howe at the end of a campaign where he fell completely out of favour with the Championship winners.

O'Kane kicked off Bournemouth's promotion tilt as a first-choice member of Howe's midfield but he made his last start in a defeat to Derby at the end of September.

From that point onwards, he was restricted to outings in the cup competitions and a handful of sub appearances in the league, with a 13-minute cameo in the win over Watford on January 30 proving to be his final contribution in a memorable year for his employers.
    "I'd have liked to play more but the fact of the matter is, the lads that are in there have performed consistently at a very high level, which is why we were top of the league.

"But I've been there on the journey as well, although I've not played in as many games. We're going into the Premier League, which is a huge stage for everyone, and from my point of view it's just more hard work now."

O'Kane said that he had a constructive discussion with Howe about his own struggles and left the room satisfied with the conclusion.

"We talked about a few things," he says. "We talked about the future and we came out of the room on the same page. I know where he stands, he knows where I stand.

"To say we cleared the air is the wrong expression, but we've had a talk about what's gone on and I've told him what I had a grievance with this year. He told me why I was in the position I was, which is because of how well the boys have done.

"It was a very calm and controlled conversation and we've come out of it on the same path.

"The only thing I can do is work hard and when it comes to pre-season, it'll be a clean slate for everyone. Last year is gone, this is a new year you want to be going back and putting the hat in the ring for a starting position."
    Yeah. Wasn't out of favor at all. Totally..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Don't get too comfy on that high-horse now...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I predict a drop to League One this summer for O'Kane.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    O'Kane's interview with OTB earlier tonight: http://www.newstalk.com/eunan-okane-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Raf Diallo
    Martin O'Neill's provisional Ireland squad for the next set of Euro 2016 qualifiers features three uncapped players, and one of those is Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O'Kane.

The 25-year-old Derry man, who started his youth career at Everton, was in action for his current club Bournemouth against Liverpool last night.

He was on Off The Ball tonight and after speaking about his performance in his Premier League debut, he revealed why playing at Anfield meant a lot to him.

"On a personal level, it was a very good experience. As a kid I was a Liverpool fan, so it's probably been a dream to play there since I was a very young boy, so to be making my Premier League debut there and playing against some of the players that I did last night was a great honour to do and hopefully I'll do a lot more in the future," he said.

O'Kane said he only found out that he was in the Ireland squad when he got a congratulatory text from Bournemouth and now international colleague Harry Arter.

His journey to the point saw him let go by Everton in 2009 before playing for Northern Irish club Coleraine and then newly promoted Premier League side Bournemouth.

O'Kane said his belief was never harmed by the Toffees' decision to release him at 19.

"The main reason was they didn't think I was going to be up to it physically. I ain't too big now but I was even smaller then and at the time they made a decision that they thought was right but I don't think at any stage I believed them in what they were saying. As you say, I've taken the scenic route to get back into making a Premier League appearance," he said.

Having played for Northern Ireland from U16 to U21 level, he spoke about the reasons behind his switch to the Republic in 2011 and even said that there had been a small attempt made to try and entice him back to the Northern setup at a recent charity game between a Derry City XI and a Northern Ireland XI.

"On the day of the charity game, there was a little bit of a mention of it but it was just laughed off. I think [Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill] knew I wouldn't make a decision to change back and I think it was a little bit tongue-in-cheek," said O'Kane.
    Isn't O'Kane tied to us anyway considering he's already represented us competitively at under-21 level, having also played for the IFA competitively?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Don't get too comfy on that high-horse now...
    In response to not one, but two, snide remarks from Charlie.

Ironically, before seeing his two snide posts I was going to comment on how off the mark my prediction was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    O'Kane's interview with OTB earlier tonight: http://www.newstalk.com/eunan-okane-interview

Isn't O'Kane tied to us anyway considering he's already represented us competitively at under-21 level, having also played for the IFA competitively?
    Indeed I would have thought.

Ironically, before seeing his two snide posts I was going to comment on how off the mark my prediction was.
    But ya didn't so fogeddaboudid.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

They were terrific remarks, to be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Is this a miracle?

Both Roy Keane and O'Kane were both considered too small to make it as professional footballers....

but here is the big bit.....

Wait for it...............

..... wait for it...

..... wait for it...

O KANE is an anagram of KEANO

Bet nobody has spotted that before

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    O'Kane reveals he only plumped for us because the North didn't want him

http://www.the42.ie/eunan-okane-nort...e=twitter_self

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

He looked a bit slow and lethargic. Just like whelan. He also looked unfit. Was he just back from injury? Surely he did enough preseason?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    He didn't look slow to me, not during the first half anyway. In fact what struck me early in the first half was how quickly he covered the ground and also got forward when needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    He looked pretty mobile to me, he is supposed to be a fans favourite, I think that is for his willingness to make
    a contribution which is borne out in his stats,

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast