Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bohs (H)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts

Bohs (H)

What are the predictions for this?

I thought Bohs played well at home to Derry and were unlucky to be down at half-time. Derry took their chances where Bohs didn't. From what I've seen of Limerick and Bohs, I don't see the game as being a straight forward Limerick win. Bohs will cause problems. Limerick need to start seeing out and winning games they've been taking the lead in.

I'll go for a home win.

Limerick 11/10
    Draw 21/10
    Bohemians 5/2
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Paddy Power have us at evens at the moment. If we can perform as well as we can then i'd be looking for all three points tomorrow night. Bohs will be no push overs but the next 3 games are the ones we really need to look to take as much if not maximum points from. Maybe more so the two home games than the away game to Bray.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Won 2 1. Terrible first half to watch.
    Bohs got a peno to go 1 up, Nzuzi sent off for it.
    Didnt really start playing until then. Galbraith came more in field and started pulling the strings.
    Shane Tracy scored to level it from a free kick, absolute beauty of a strike. then im stoppage time, Dave O'Leary won it with a header from Shane Tracy's free kick. The last half an hour was decent to watch, but can't see too many of the "new" supporters being too enthusiastic about paying their money to come see the next game.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Only following along online. Seemed like it was heading towards a really bad night, but what a turnaround. Gutted I couldn't be there. Did Gaffney add much when he came on?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Only following along online. Seemed like it was heading towards a really bad night, but what a turnaround. Gutted I couldn't be there. Did Gaffney add much when he came on?
    We got out of jail, we were awful until we went down to 10...

Rory still looks weeks away from his best, but put his weight around, but still not match fit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Fantastic free-kick, right out of the top drawer! "New" supporters wouldn't have been enthusiastic alright about the game up until the sending off. Hard to tell if tonight's crowd can be classified closer to a core group or not. The result itself should be a good promotion for the next game. The team needs a bit of time yet but their are some good signs. I wouldn't see Bohs doing much better than 9th this season. I thought Gaffney did well when he came on.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Appalling first half. Limerick started off with a nominal 4-3-3/4-5-1 shape, with Bradley as the sole holder and O'Leary and Tracy in front with licence to support Curran. In reality, it was actually quite a fluid system, with O'Leary often filling in as the deeper player as Bradley made runs forward to support. Curran was again alone upfront, with Galbraith tucked in on the right and Axel playing wider on the left. His dribbling and movement, combined with the overlapping and supporting runs of left full Patrick Nzuzi looked like a potentially profitable route for Limerick, but the right footed Nzuzi was unable to take advantage of three separate excellent crossing opportunities, when shown down the line. Limerick were finding it hard to get a grip on possession though, not helped by the appalling distribution of centre back Aaron Browne - further evidence that Limerick don't quite yet have the personnel to adequately implement the style of play that the manager is looking for.

Bohs lined up in a 4-2-3-1 shape to start with and had the better of the first half. Shane Murray in the no. 10 position was linking well with striker Devaney (demonstrating in the process how lacking Limerick are in that precise area), helped by the fact that Bradley in the holding position was not really showing himself to be too adept at the old tracking your man caper. No real chances created though.

Second half, **** hit the proverbial. Deserved penalty and red for Nzuzi. It was Limerick who would benefit though. Taylor made a clever move. He preserved the 3 in the middle by moving Galbraith inside to play beside O'Leary, with Tracy moving to left full. It was the latter who would equalise seconds later with a stunning free kick. Galbraith was almost anonymous prior to this change but now he was receiving the ball into feet far more regularly and running at the Bohs defence, causing all sorts of problems. Limerick were having more possession now with 10 men than with 11, and with two strikers up top instead of 1, the Bohs defence were beginning to look uncomfortable.

Callaghan exacerbated the possession problem by going 4-4-2/4-2-4 with 20 minutes to go. Now Limerick had a man advantage in the centre and were able to play neat triangles in that area. Bohs were effectively playing on the counter, but could easily have nicked it due to the high positioning of Limerick's full backs often leaving a 2 on 2 at the centre of Limerick's defence. Sub Dave Scully in particular missed a great chance on the break.

No surprise though when Limerick nicked it in the dying seconds. A Tracy free kick found the head of O'Leary in the box. 2-1. A great moment, and credit to Taylor for managing the dismissal so well. In fairness, he's getting used to it at this stage though isn't he?

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Yep...poor first half, but few will remember it. After going down a goal and a man, the players went up about 3 or 4 gears and were fantastic for almost 40 minutes including injury time. Much more energy and Galbraith was fantastic on the ball in the middle. Curran was excellent throughout. Even after the cracker of an equaliser, it was Limerick that kept pushing for the win. Should be great for the team's development to win like that, first win by digging deep and showing some quality too.
    Some concern with Browne at the back maybe, passing was poor and was turned more than once.
    I think most will be back after that finish.
    Wonder if Limerick or Thomond will do something with the ko for Shelbourne...maybe push it back 15 mins and show the rugby on the screens before hand, make an event of it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Great free kick by Tracey and the late winner sent the crowd home happy. People will forget about the poor first half due to the exciting finish, so I think most there tonight will return for the next match; when walking to my car I overheard a young kid ask his dad if they were going back for the next game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldofmarkets View Post
    Yep...poor first half, but few will remember it. After going down a goal and a man, the players went up about 3 or 4 gears and were fantastic for almost 40 minutes including injury time. Much more energy and Galbraith was fantastic on the ball in the middle. Curran was excellent throughout. Even after the cracker of an equaliser, it was Limerick that kept pushing for the win. Should be great for the team's development to win like that, first win by digging deep and showing some quality too.
    Some concern with Browne at the back maybe, passing was poor and was turned more than once.
    I think most will be back after that finish.
    Wonder if Limerick or Thomond will do something with the ko for Shelbourne...maybe push it back 15 mins and show the rugby on the screens before hand, make an event of it.
    They were advertising last night that you could see the rugby in TP prior to the Shels game.

Great win but a poor performance. We were better with ten men but we needed that win.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    1st half desperate. Ball in the air a lot whether that was down to the pitch or that both teams did not allow one another to play, i dont know. 2nd half much better especially when lim reduced to 10 men and going 1 down. With that Galbraith dropped deeper into mid field collecting the ball and running at the Bohs defence. Curran was good but not as influential as previous games and i was amazed when he got man of the match. It had to be Tracey with his brilliant goal and his wonderful free kick for the winner. Taylor and O Callaghans mis understanding and O Learys celebrations worth the admission price alone.

13. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There seems to be a trend with the home games which I have gone to so far this season i.e. the first half or even the first hour of the game being terrible and then it comes to life. What is it ? is it nervous players afraid to make mistakes ? is it poor tactics by the management team ? why can't we play the 1st 60 mins in the same way we play the last half hour ? also, some of the clearances by our back 4 last night was poor, they found touch more than the other code that plays in Thomond park. I thought Taylors poor treatment of Axel especially in the first half was uncalled for seeing as Axel was one of the better performers. Also, great to see a Club stall outside the ground, the quality of the club gear is improving...

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    a non event in the first half thought for a while we were back in the graveyard playing longford and worrying signs with the way our back four were playing especially Browne.second half only improved when down to ten,played better football ,brilliant freekick from tracey and got lucky with the winner.bohs deserved the draw and ironic that they went for the win after the sending off but in doing so opened the pitch up a bit for us.players did really well last 20mins ,vital win for Taylor given how poor overall the fare was, he does show loads of passion,however needs to cut the confrontational stuff or he will find another ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I'd be shocked if all weren't coming back after that finish. While it wasn't ideal to go a goal or a man down, in the long run in should be great for the team's development. There seemed to be a great togetherness amongst the players and management at full-time. I like the way the players mostly head to a certain section after scoring or at full-time. I know it might be surprising for a Kerry man to be there, but there's really no need to be coming over showing appreciation for my support lol!!

Heard that advertising alright about going to the Shels game and the opportunity to watch the Munster game as well. Good move.

I was surprised as well by the call for Curran as MOTM. He played well alright but as said above not as influencial as previous games. Tracey was by shout as well for the accolade.

Bit of a trend alright in the home games. The management will still be finding out a lot about the players. 10 games into the season really is where more will be expected. The game with Bohs last night, Bray to come and Shels have fallen nicely within where ye'd expect to get into gear. It'll be interesting to see if last night influences a different approach. I'm not going to try an articulate how they might, like AlanOB might! Fair play for that report on last night match!

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    ,vital win for Taylor given how poor overall the fare was, he does show loads of passion,however needs to cut the confrontational stuff or he will find another ban.
    In fairness it was Callaghan who started that carry on and up in Drogheda he had every right to have a go at the officials after their decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Had another go at the man in the middle today. Devlin was having a go too though. Shame we can't talk about the match.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard1 View Post
    There seems to be a trend with the home games which I have gone to so far this season i.e. the first half or even the first hour of the game being terrible and then it comes to life. What is it ? is it nervous players afraid to make mistakes ? is it poor tactics by the management team ? why can't we play the 1st 60 mins in the same way we play the last half hour ? also, some of the clearances by our back 4 last night was poor, they found touch more than the other code that plays in Thomond park. I thought Taylors poor treatment of Axel especially in the first half was uncalled for seeing as Axel was one of the better performers. Also, great to see a Club stall outside the ground, the quality of the club gear is improving...
    Were you not at the UCD game 3-0 after a half an hour much the opposite to what you're describring in fact it was the other 60 mins in that game where we played poorly especially giving them a goal back

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briancool21 View Post
    Were you not at the UCD game 3-0 after a half an hour much the opposite to what you're describring in fact it was the other 60 mins in that game where we played poorly especially giving them a goal back
    I forgot to mention that the UCD game was the one home game that I missed. Lets hope two wins on the trot V Bohs and Brays will give us the confidence to go at Shels from the very start next Sat night and not leave it until the 2nd half to start playing.