Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scully gone.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/art...merick-tenure/

"Football is a funny game these days. So many people get onto computers and the internet to voice their opinions about everything. I'm glad I don't use them."

I bet he's lurked around here at some point!
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Im at the end of the phone if they need me. Thank you for your comments but to be fair He never did anything to me but rather to my club. McGuinness, Kelly, Donnelly, Rogers, O'Connor, Scully, Broghall, Keily, to name just a few. Good local players released cos....they were local or as one of his yes men used to say "hes too old, hes 24" commenting on one of the under 20s. His use of kids from the under 20s/19s would be my biggest gripe. Talented players taken from the underage for "training" with the senior team and then as they trained not allowed to play with their own team meaning our under 20s/19s going out with a team of 16yos . The reserve and underage teams were always going onto the field with 10 players when you know who HAD to play
    Last edited by gael353; 18/11/2012 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Speaking exclusively to Extratime.ie, Pat Scully has revealed that his contract was in fact terminated and no mutual agreement was found. The former Limerick FC boss put an end to all the queries of the past twenty-four hours by revealing the manner of his departure from the Shannonsiders.

“No, it wasn't a mutual agreement, my contract was terminated. I was let go” insisted the Dublin native.

While the timing of the departure is remarkably unusual, Pat Scully has no regrets about his time at Limerick. “No, I don't regret not being able to manage the club in the Premier Division. I feel that a manager can only be judged on his time at a club and I was a part of the Limerick setup that won promotion for the first time in twenty years, so I'm proud of that. Football is a funny game these days. So many people get onto computers and the internet to voice their opinions about everything. I'm glad I don't use them. I'd just like to think the next manager would walk into a better club than I did in 2009.”

Despite being sacked by the club, Scully insists that he respects everyone involved. “I have absolutely great time for “Kieran [Judge] and Pat [O'Sullivan]. There's no hard feelings or anything like that, but I will miss the players. I have so much time for them – they're such great lads and yeah, I will miss them. I think the players who go out and do it on the pitch deserve so much credit. I hope the fans are happy with the job I've done, too.”

When asked if he thought Limerick would push on to reach the heights that the majority of the league seem to think they will do, Pat was reserved. “It has absolutely nothing to do with me anymore to be honest. The club has good structures. It has some of the finest young talent coming through and very few clubs in the league could rival that.”

When asked what the future had in store for him, Scully's answer was simple. “I love football. That's all I'll say. People would have told me I was mad going into Limerick a few years ago. I don't know what will happen, to be honest.”

Taught he wasn't sacked???according to all the fellas in the know,it was mutual,tell you what they know,

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
    Taught he wasn't sacked???according to all the fellas in the know,it was mutual,tell you what they know,
    All what fellas in the know? The club said it was mutual, he said he was sacked. People just said what the club had said, nothing more about it than that.

Time to move on now anyway. Going by what Scully himself says, there is no hard feelings. He did the job he was asked to do and now it's time to move on.

Over the past few days over a few different social media's people have been looking for any excuse to have a go at the club it seems. People were crying out for them to sack Scully a few months ago and how he is a crap manager, a few weeks later and it's a disgrace he is let go.

I suppose there is always someone going to whinge and complain no matter what.

If we signed Ronaldo in the morning there would be people complaining we should have signed Messi.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 18/11/2012 at 1:14 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    mutual consent?it has always meant only one thing...your sacked.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    mutual consent?it has always meant only one thing...your sacked.
    Exactly, especially in football. Just like when a club says they have no intent on sacking a manager and a day later he is gone or that they have no interest in a player and a day later they sign him.

Everyday we are looking at these stories in the paper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Well done on the promotion lads,see yee aren't promoted yet on this forum .Come on mods,promote these guys They Done us a favour one time so this is the payback.Signed,sealed and all the best
    Last edited by bullit; 18/11/2012 at 4:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Exactly, especially in football. Just like when a club says they have no intent on sacking a manager and a day later he is gone or that they have no interest in a player and a day later they sign him.
    And when people say they don't look at the rantings of keyboard warriors, you can be sure they zealously read every forum around!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123