Thread: The Star Tomorrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

The Star Tomorrow

Irish Star Sport ‏@IrishStarSport
    There's great news for Limerick FC - see tomorrow's Star #limerick

The Star just tweeted that. Reckon its to do with the ground anyone that talks about Limerick around the town will know what is being announced.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Sounds good. Looking forward to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Disappointing. Markets Field looking like being pushed another year and while I love Thomond park I've been at games there with 7,000 to 10,000 and its seemed dead. I have also been at matches with about 1,000 and its like there is no one there. It will really kill the buzz of the big games.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 14/11/2012 at 8:16 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Just read it there is no doubt the atmosphere will be non existent but we have to keep in mind it will only be for one season. I rather we do up the markets field properly and get it right than Do a rush job and make a balls of it but it is disappointing all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Just read it there is no doubt the atmosphere will be non existent but we have to keep in mind it will only be for one season. I rather we do up the markets field properly and get it right than Do a rush job and make a balls of it but it is disappointing all the same.

One season fair enough but the first season up is the big chance to get a buzz going and get new fans in cant imagine the buzz will be too great in there. As long as we get a licence i suppose its ok but it is massively disappointing. I wonder how open they will be to letting us stay another season if its needed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I've been to probably around 500 LoI games.

I could count the ones where there was an "athmosphere" or a "buzz" on the fingers of one hand.

Facilities, Facilities, Facilities.

That's what will draw in new support.

Playing in the best ground in the league should help

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    One season fair enough but the first season up is the big chance to get a buzz going and get new fans in cant imagine the buzz will be too great in there. As long as we get a licence i suppose its ok but it is massively disappointing. I wonder how open they will be to letting us stay another season if its needed?

i do reckon we will lose some support that would of come along with the buzz of our new stadium and back premier. I just can't see us getting big numbers playing there if we got anything from 1,800 to 2,500 it would be excellent depends on how successful the team is aswell which would be asking for alot first year back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

I could count the ones where there was an "athmosphere" or a "buzz" on the fingers of one hand.

It's not as much about the buzz in the ground but the buzz that would go around about limerick having premier and returning to the markets field. Another 12 months of postponements to the normal joesoaps just looks like another let down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    If you gave the normal joe soap a free seat made of 50 quid notes he'd find something to complain about.

If we were in the Markets Field in the morning you'd be listening to some new pile of ******.

A load of people who contribute absolutely nothing to the club whinging and moaning.

Same as it ever was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    It's not as much about the buzz in the ground but the buzz that would go around about limerick having premier and returning to the markets field. Another 12 months of postponements to the normal joesoaps just looks like another let down.

This is exactly what im talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

this may have something to do with the fact that you've been in the first division since the dawn of time
    plenty of atmosphere and buzz in the top flight. not every game mind, but it exists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ammmmmmm Thomond Park will attract a crowd as well surely, somewhere to have a pint and be able to have a piddle that's better than Jackman already

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Who's to say that we won't get a boost from returning to the Premier in 2013 and then another (when the novelty of being mediocre at best has worn off) from returning to The Market's Field in 2014. Lads, this is hardly a doomsday scenario is it?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Who's to say that we won't get a boost from returning to the Premier in 2013 and then another (when the novelty of being mediocre at best has worn off) from returning to The Market's Field in 2014. Lads, this is hardly a doomsday scenario is it?
    With out wanting to be whinging too much i just wonder will we be in there for 2014?

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    With out wanting to be whinging too much i just wonder will we be in there for 2014?
    I really hope so. Look, I'm not delighted about the delays, far from it. That said, we've waited a long, long time to get back into the Premier and I will be damned to hell for eternity if I'm going to allow the fact that we may have to rent an excellent ground rather than a terrible one (as we have been doing) ruin it for me. Like I said, this isn't ideal but it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from disastrous too. I have no doubt that we will have plenty of legitimate grievances before the season begins, I don't see this as something to get particularly upset about. The usual bitter heads around town who hate Limerick FC and all that we are have been whispering for the last while about how we'd never get a license and it was the usual nonsense. Well, this, hopefully, will solve that problem and provide us with a certain amount of stability at the same time.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    I really hope so. Look, I'm not delighted about the delays, far from it. That said, we've waited a long, long time to get back into the Premier and I will be damned to hell for eternity if I'm going to allow the fact that we may have to rent an excellent ground rather than a terrible one (as we have been doing) ruin it for me. Like I said, this isn't ideal but it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from disastrous too. I have no doubt that we will have plenty of legitimate grievances before the season begins, I don't see this as something to get particularly upset about. The usual bitter heads around town who hate Limerick FC and all that we are have been whispering for the last while about how we'd never get a license and it was the usual nonsense. Well, this, hopefully, will solve that problem and provide us with a certain amount of stability at the same time.
    Don't get me wrong like in the middle of the moaning from me i am very very happy that we wont have to worry about a licence with Thomond and as soon as we start signing players or anything i'll just forget about it. I think how disappointed i am not to be going back to the Markets Field next season is probably making it worse for me. When we are actually given a licence and i know that ill see us play premier for the first time then it all wont matter a jot ill be happy to play anywhere. I just hope that something starts moving with the Markets Field soon so we actually know we will be there next season.

I suppose on the upside at least now we have a better ground then Cork .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    nah, we still have the only all seated all covered stadium in the country.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Don't get me wrong like in the middle of the moaning from me i am very very happy that we wont have to worry about a licence with Thomond and as soon as we start signing players or anything i'll just forget about it. I think how disappointed i am not to be going back to the Markets Field next season is probably making it worse for me. When we are actually given a licence and i know that ill see us play premier for the first time then it all wont matter a jot ill be happy to play anywhere. I just hope that something starts moving with the Markets Field soon so we actually know we will be there next season.

I suppose on the upside at least now we have a better ground then Cork .
    I think that post sums how we all feel.
    And we will have the best stadium in the league this season no doubt about it :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    nah, we still have the only all seated all covered stadium in the country.

Give us a year or two..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

22. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    ah looking forward to that away trip now.. when are the fixtures released anyone know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast