Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick's team versus Kildare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limerick's team versus Kildare

Limerick FC – Fyffe, Aherne (Costello 45), Kusten, B Hughes, Finucane, Hartnett (Moran 45), Gilroy, Keating, O’Mahoney, C P O’Brien, T Hughes (Cosgrave 56).

Aherne and Hartnett injured or just not performing? Who are Gilroy and Moran?

Also, I have counted 30 players that Limerick have used in the current campaign. 30 players in 23 games. And we have a small squad? And I have probably missed one or two. In fairness we have been decimated with injuries this season - but is it any wonder we can't string a coupleo fgood games together when the side changes so often.

Fyffe
    Healy
    O'Mahoney
    Kulsten
    Aherne
    Lynch
    T Hughes
    B Hughes
    Finucane
    Whyte
    Hartnett
    Keating
    Cosgrave
    Molan
    O'Brien
    Kerley
    Gilroy
    Costello
    Moran
    Sugrue
    Quigley
    Mernagh
    Keogh
    Browne
    Conway
    Hayes
    Barry
    Jauny
    O'Donoghue
    Delaney (did he ever play?)
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thats a very good point...30 players. That shocks me to be honest, but is indicative of the very black state this club is in.
    Of the list of players, I'd imagine only the following would be kept in the event of a new manager or takeover;Fyffe, O'Mahoney, B.Hughes, Finny, Molan and Browne.
    Raised eyebrows over Frankie??....well, in my opinion he is the one true player who has true dying commitment to the club, who always puts 100% on the line no matter what. Every club should have a Frankie Browne.

I'd gladly say goodbye to the rest of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Thats a very good point...30 players. That shocks me to be honest, but is indicative of the very black state this club is in.
    Of the list of players, I'd imagine only the following would be kept in the event of a new manager or takeover;Fyffe, O'Mahoney, B.Hughes, Finny, Molan and Browne.
    Raised eyebrows over Frankie??....well, in my opinion he is the one true player who has true dying commitment to the club, who always puts 100% on the line no matter what. Every club should have a Frankie Browne.

I don't agree. I think the best 11 from that side would be one of the best in the division. Fyffe, OMahoney Finucane Molan Kulsten BHughes Hartnett Sugrue Keating O'Brien Conway - I think as well Barry has been totally committed when fit and Lynch looked like a good player but only had two games. John Whyte of course has been a great servant of the club but is near the end.

The problem of course is that the only time we got anywhere close to that side is the recent games we won. We have problems at centre half and up front. We have one player in each position that is up to it and need one more in each.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id hang on to sugrue too when he is fit and try and make some sort of arrangement with keating too but i would get rid of most of them including frank browne and mike ahern

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    I don't agree. I think the best 11 from that side would be one of the best in the division. Fyffe, OMahoney Finucane Molan Kulsten BHughes Hartnett Sugrue Keating O'Brien Conway - I think as well Barry has been totally committed when fit and Lynch looked like a good player but only had two games.
    Keating would be in my starting xi too but will be going back the GAA. I never really liked Sugrue as a player, Kulstens too light, and believe there is far better out there than O'Brien and Conway.Hartnett I can't really comment on because I've not seen too much of him

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap

In fairness to Mike Aherne he has shown a lot of commitment too..I dont think either Browne or himself are good enough for E.L but at least they have given it a go and try there best.I think Sugrue is a good player and i have been impressed with Hartnett any time i saw him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hartnett is handy and ideally would be a squad player if the quality was there i do think kerley should make a serious effort to recruit in the ldmc as far as i know he didnt even ask too many last year only mike ahern and there is way better than him around

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Frank is a nice guy and all that, but if he was so 100% dedicated to Limerick why did he go to Kilkenny? No-one could argue either that there are many more in the squad whose ability far outshines him.

Hartnett definitley deserves to be retained as does Sugrue if he returns. Mick Ahern has improved quite a bit since he started as well to be fair, and recently has had a number of outstanding games for us.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Hartnett deserves more credit, he came in and started really well but recently found things tough. Its his first season and is doing really well and in time with a proper structure he would develope. Ahern was playing out of position at left full and i agree that recentle he has improved no end and links well with O mahoney. It would be unfair to judge a right footed player playing left full all season !!!!!! As for browne well ye said it all .......committed to the last and that is something alot of players lack.

Would the afore mentioned players have blossomed if most of the side from last year were still here. I think it has been a tough season for all involved especially players that have come in this season, they have been thrown in at the deep end and have no time to settle with the circumstances around the club.

Sugrue will be a great addition back in the side but its in attack games have been lost this season, nobody strong enough to hold the ball and have you seen the goals for statistic..........pathetic. Although Alan Barry i think has looked impressive when i have seeen him, where is he anyway

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alan Barry is still injured as far as i know ...Very good player but he has always been prone to Injury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    im not knocking hartnett at all he does have a bit of talent what i was saying was in an ideal world he would have came into the squad and allowed to progress slowly, as for alan barry where is he now? probably driving around somewhere in his chorus van! heart is one thing but you have to have a degree of talent and im sorry but frank browne is just not good enough nor imo is mike ahern

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I think that Frank Browne has made a much midfielder than a left-full to be fair and hasn't looked out of his depth since he came back to the team this season.

Anyway to get back to the question at the start of this thread... Moran is Molan I presume and Gilroy... I have a sneaking suspicion that was actually Conway... gael353 might be able to claify. And Delaney never made it off the bench. So we're possibly back down to 28 players which is still some going!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.