Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signings you would like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Signings you would like.

As the title says really. Where do you think we need strengthening? Any particular players you would like to see signed? Anyone worth taking from the First Division?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Defense, upfront and on the wing. Midfield is were we are strongest but I still wouldn't mind seeing either Shane Duggan or Lee Lynch signing. Duggan still has a year left on his contract though as far as I know.

Defense will probably be one of the hardest places to fill. Evan McMillan, Graham Gartland, Ger O Brien and Kenny Browne could all be good options.

Would like to see Daryl Kavanagh back. He has nice skill and pace with the premier suiting him better than the first division did. Mark Griffin would be a good signing from Dundalk or Kieran Marty Waters from Bray also.

From the first division the only names that stand out for me would be Sean Maguire, Danny Furlong and Ciaran Coll. We were linked a few years back with Ciaran Coll and if he came in at left full it would allow Shane to move future up the field and really strengthen our options at left full.

It would be nice to see some more of the under 19's starting to get a chance. They are more than capable of playing football and where better than the premier as they will have a little more time on the ball and space to play with.

It will be interesting to see when the transfer list comes out who exactly is out of contract of available for a move. There is always a surprise or two on that list.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Sean mcguire from waterford would be my no1 target best young player in the country with the potential to be the best striker in the country.

Shane duggan brilliant midfielder and a limerick man ability to create alot of goals great engine heard he could be coming.

Need two good centre halfs aswell with pace that is or weak link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    From the first division the only names that stand out for me would be Sean Maguire, Danny Furlong and Ciaran Coll. We were linked a few years back with Ciaran Coll and if he came in at left full it would allow Shane to move future up the field and really strengthen our options at left full.
    Just signed a new contract at Harps. Absolutely wonderful player and an all round lovely young fella. Will be a major player for Harps next season and at 21 has many years ahead of him. Set to make his 100th Harps appearance next season too which is fantastic for a lad his age.

In my opinion, the best left back in the First Division and in the top 5 in the League of Ireland. A younger version of Jonathan Minnock.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Just signed a new contract at Harps. Absolutely wonderful player and an all round lovely young fella. Will be a major player for Harps next season and at 21 has many years ahead of him. Set to make his 100th Harps appearance next season too which is fantastic for a lad his age.

In my opinion, the best left back in the First Division and in the top 5 in the League of Ireland. A younger version of Jonathan Minnock.
    Clubs seem to be getting a little smarter when it comes to tying down players early for the following season. At least it means there is better continuity in the teams. We have tied a few players down for a while now with some tied down since last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Defense, upfront and on the wing. Midfield is were we are strongest but I still wouldn't mind seeing either Shane Duggan or Lee Lynch signing. Duggan still has a year left on his contract though as far as I know.

Defense will probably be one of the hardest places to fill. Evan McMillan, Graham Gartland, Ger O Brien and Kenny Browne could all be good options.

Would like to see Daryl Kavanagh back. He has nice skill and pace with the premier suiting him better than the first division did. Mark Griffin would be a good signing from Dundalk or Kieran Marty Waters from Bray also.

It would be nice to see some more of the under 19's starting to get a chance. They are more than capable of playing football and where better than the premier as they will have a little more time on the ball and space to play with.

It will be interesting to see when the transfer list comes out who exactly is out of contract of available for a move. There is always a surprise or two on that list.
    Would love to sign 2 if not all 3 of them would be very exciting to watch..... I think we will end up with Kav being honest. How realistic the other 2 are i don't know i would say one of the big Dublin teams will be after Marty Waters. McMillan would be a good shout for a centre back. wouldn't mind trying to get someone like Davoren or Ian Bermingham for left back but doubt we could get them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Clubs seem to be getting a little smarter when it comes to tying down players early for the following season. At least it means there is better continuity in the teams. We have tied a few players down for a while now with some tied down since last season.
    We have 5 of the current squad signed to contracts for either one or two years and a few more to be tied down in the next week or two.

Peter Hutton said today that he believes most of the current squad is more than capable of pushing for the title next season and with the signings of 2 or 3 more players, he believes that is a realistic goal for next season.

It's pretty refreshing to say the least.

For yourselves, I believe your current squad with 2 or 3 players added is well good enough for the top half of the Premier.

What you do need though, is a new manager. Scully is not the man to lead you anywhere above the bottom 3.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    We have 5 of the current squad signed to contracts for either one or two years and a few more to be tied down in the next week or two.

Peter Hutton said today that he believes most of the current squad is more than capable of pushing for the title next season and with the signings of 2 or 3 more players, he believes that is a realistic goal for next season.

It's pretty refreshing to say the least.

For yourselves, I believe your current squad with 2 or 3 players added is well good enough for the top half of the Premier.

What you do need though, is a new manager. Scully is not the man to lead you anywhere above the bottom 3.

Very harsh imo... Didn't do too poorly first year up with Rovers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Very harsh imo... Didn't do too poorly first year up with Rovers.
    bluewhitearmy have i converted you, we agree for the first time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think Dan murray would be a good signing with hes experience at that level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minesapint View Post
    He really struggled this year with Cork and anytime we played them he struggled with the pace of Brosnan. About 2 or 3 years ago he would have been a great signing for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

do u want al fanucane back too yea? jesus wept you just cant stop talking ****t

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah cause another slow, cumbersome and clumsy centre half is all we need

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Please god no.... He's been a real liability the 6 or 7 times I've seen him this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    We already have slow centre halfs and pace we need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    do u want al fanucane back too yea? jesus wept you just cant stop talking ****t
    Who the hell is Al Fanucane??if it's the fella I'm thinking of I'll bet you never saw him play😡

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
    Who the hell is Al Fanucane??if it's the fella I'm thinking of I'll bet you never saw him play
    Think that's the point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Gary Shannahan with Dundalk this year,from Newcastle West,would make sense a box to box player with Premier experience and would probably prefer staying local than long haul up to Dundalk.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya was thinking Gary Shanahan myself as we need wingers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    just on a couple you've named above. You've no chance with O'Brien, Bermingham or McMillan. 1st 2 have sogned eals for next year. McMillan can't commit to more than 2 nights training a week in Dublin (left Pats for Bohs for this reason). Commute to Limerick unlikely to attract him
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast