Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: were not after medal hunters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I'm really confused about the whole Scully thing now in one way i see the point sadloserkid is making about sticking with him because he got us up but from talking to a few people it appears an awful lot of players in the premier dont like him at all is it worth keeping him when his history of falling out with players could cost us?
    To be fair, a lot of players from Limerick have fallen out with him as well. I asked one of the current players about it once and all they said was "if you train hard, look after yourself and do what he wants, then you'll have no problem with him"
    maybe his standards are too high or he expects too much from part time footballers? If that is true, I wouldn't really hold that against him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    To be fair, a lot of players from Limerick have fallen out with him as well. I asked one of the current players about it once and all they said was "if you train hard, look after yourself and do what he wants, then you'll have no problem with him"
    maybe his standards are too high or he expects too much from part time footballers? If that is true, I wouldn't really hold that against him.

I know for sure that he has fallen out with people for very stupid reasons dont think ill say what happened out in the open on this but some of the carry on i have been told about is ridiculous and will come back on us sooner or later if he is still there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    and the fact that he has a terrible record with you against any half decent side? I can't understand why he has any support left among Limerick fans. Even this year ye struggled against Waterford and Longford, teams ye should have been comfortably beating.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I know for sure that he has fallen out with people for very stupid reasons dont think ill say what happened out in the open on this but some of the carry on i have been told about is ridiculous and will come back on us sooner or later if he is still there.
    Players signed for limerick last year not because of their love for the manager but for financial reasons, if the contract is right im sure the player will sign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minesapint View Post
    Players signed for limerick last year not because of their love for the manager but for financial reasons, if the contract is right im sure the player will sign.

And now some of our better players are considering leaving over the manager which is exactly what we need when we are going up im sure.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    What ever happened with Gaffney and the (rumored) interest from England? Was it just BS, or is there still something there?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    What ever happened with Gaffney and the (rumored) interest from England? Was it just BS, or is there still something there?

Ipswich looked at him a few times alright nothing come of it yet..... He was supposed to sign for St.Johnstone before he signed for us but their manager left to take over Bristol City before the deal was done. Id be more concerned about losing him to a LOI team then to England being honest.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Think they just decided to have a look at him again and nothing more. Lots of scouts floating around the league throughout the season. Being in the premier next year will likely attract more interested in some of our players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    And now some of our better players are considering leaving over the manager which is exactly what we need when we are going up im sure.
    Like who of our better players are going because of the manager?.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minesapint View Post
    Like who of our better players are going because of the manager?.
    I never said they are going i said they are considering it other people at the club are trying to convince them to stay...
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 25/10/2012 at 2:02 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I never said they are going i said they are considering it other people at the club are trying to convince them to stay...
    I am sure those players will stay and possibly one or two could be replaced with better and tbh i dont listen to club goosip.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Right, without trying to wind people up or anything, has anyone else heard the rumours of Scully and all his coaching staff leaving? anyone from the club on this can clarify? I don't even live in the city and I heard late last night, was told its pretty widespread round town. Any truth? Any thoughts? If it's bull, happy to take it down.
    From my previous comment, heard tonight (in a pub in Cork) that the assistant manager Dempsey is gone?! Anything around Limerick about it or is it just a rumour?! Same guy told me Dom Foley was approached by Pike Rovers, so taking it with a good pinch of scepticism.

Edit: again, happy to take it down if it's bull
    Last edited by kingpin4; 02/11/2012 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    From my previous comment, heard tonight (in a pub in Cork) that the assistant manager Dempsey is gone?! Anything around Limerick about it or is it just a rumour?! Same guy told me Dom Foley was approached by Pike Rovers, so taking it with a good pinch of scepticism.

Edit: again, happy to take it down if it's bull

100% true about Dempsey

http://www.limerickfc.ie/assistant-m...-with-the-club

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Any word on why?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Any word on why?
    Or any word on who is to replace him? Will Mick Sheils just go back to being assistant manager? Anyone from the club able to shed any light on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Scully still has to have talks with the club so until that is done there is no rush for an assistant manager.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Scully still has to have talks with the club so until that is done there is no rush for an assistant manager.
    Any idea when these talks will happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Any idea when these talks will happen?
    No clue, I would assume as soon as possible. A few clubs tying their players down already so we need a manager in place if we are to start looking at players for next season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    No clue, I would assume as soon as possible. A few clubs tying their players down already so we need a manager in place if we are to start looking at players for next season.
    He has a contract though doesn't he? So we can assume he'll be there? I just imagine if I was running the club, and with the huge headache of the markets field / Jackman park / licensing that's on the horizon, I wouldn't want the added hassle of finding a new manager and coaching/ playing staff in November and December. It becomes a very busy Christmas for those involved.

The stories I have heard from a couple of players is that they believe Scully is there and is planning for next year. Losing your assistant manager for whatever reason isn't the best start to life in Premier...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    He has a contract though doesn't he? So we can assume he'll be there? I just imagine if I was running the club, and with the huge headache of the markets field / Jackman park / licensing that's on the horizon, I wouldn't want the added hassle of finding a new manager and coaching/ playing staff in November and December. It becomes a very busy Christmas for those involved.

The stories I have heard from a couple of players is that they believe Scully is there and is planning for next year. Losing your assistant manager for whatever reason isn't the best start to life in Premier...
    Ya I think they will start off in the premier with Scully. I was just going by what Scully and Pat O Sullivan said in the paper about seeing what direction the club wanted to go in for next season.

I always got the feeling Dempsey was just brought in to fill the role till the end of the season.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast