Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: SD Galway Away 21-09-12

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

SD Galway Away 21-09-12

Not a great start to the preparations. Gaffneys season is over according to his twitter account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Not a great start to the preparations. Gaffneys season is over according to his twitter account.

Yep broken Metatarsal huge blow to us on the run in.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    It's a terrible loss. It's something Limerick can get over, but he offered that little something extra upfront, especially pace wise.

Regardless, Salthill should be put away easily. It's the three games afterwards Limerick will really fell his absence.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    I'd say ye'll still just about hang in there and win the league lads, honestly can't see us or waterford win every game!

If I were to want to take some photos at your games pitch side, who would I have to get in contact with out of interest? I could probably just take some snaps from the walls but I'd rather get as close as possible, tis for a project of mine, or is that craic allowed? I do go to the odd Lims game would you believe

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I'd say you would be allowed acornvilla. Best thing to do is either ring the club office or e-mail them I would think.

Gaffney is a big loss for us. Probably player of the season for us. In saying that though we have some good cover and this could be the chance the likes of Cian Collins needs. Can see him going with Foley and Behan for most the reminding games with maybe Brosnan in their for a few.

We should be beating Salthill well in fairness. Most premier teams would stuff them and if we are still to be considered to have a squad superior to all the others in this division we should win it by at least 3.

Salthill 0-4 Limerick

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Could only follow it on ET. Never easy to play the vast majority of a game with 10 men, regardless of the opposition quality. Hard fought it sounds like, but they got the three points.

Not sure what went on in the RSC regards all the red cards. Shame Longford couldn't hold on for the 2-2 draw, but a Waterford win was the next best result for Limerick. With Waterford travelling to Finn Harps on Friday and Athlone coming to Jackman, it isn't inconceivable that Limerick could have it just about wrapped up this time next week as long as they don't bottle it.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    A very hard fought win. The sending off was very very harsh. The first yellow fair enough but the second one was a joke. Luckily we scored just before half time. Have to say though the team put in an unbelievable effort despite being a man down. Behan really led from the front in my opinion and was outstanding up there. Foley when he came on too really put himself about. Felt bad for Cian Collins having to come off but it was between him and Behan so Scully went for leaving the experience on, that and Cian had also picked up a yellow so at 0-0 we couldn't afford another sending off early.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Hard fought alright. Didn't think we were playing very well with 11 but the effort certainly went up when we went to 10 and I thought we were better then. Didn't deserve to score when we did but certainly deserved to hold the lead with a good second half performance. Gamble, Bradley and O'leary did a great job as well as Behan and Foley when he came on. Thought SD let us off the hook a little with pushing so many foward for the last 20, allowed us to keep Dom and Dennis well forward and play only 3 in midfield without ever being over-run. We had 3 good chances to seal it in the last few mins as well. Unbelievably a home win next week to Athlone could win us the league!