Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Wage Bill Shocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Wage Bill Shocker

Our new saviour to be has kindly been paying the wages for the past few weeks, even though he hasn't officially taken over yet. This in my view is a dangerous game to be playing because there's no guarantee he's going to obtain control of the club yet.He could be bailing the snakes in the grass out, yet get stabbed in the back and left with nothing in his pocket.
    What came as a greater shock still is the size of the wage bill, a whopping €4000 a week....thats quite high and when you take into consideration the size of certain peoples paypackets ( a certain unnamed muppet is on €175 a week for doing nothing) its no wonder we're in financial trouble. When I got the breakdown I was gobsmacked. I had presumed that it was going to be no higher than €2500...unreal
    Last edited by joeSoap; 08/09/2004 at 11:54 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    God thats an awful lot of money to be paying out for a club with very little income...How many palyers on the panel at the moment...I wouldent like to see your man get burnt...I hope he takes over for everybodys sake

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats the figure being handed to the committeeI assume. How much is being given to the players and management?
    Last edited by deise deserter; 02/09/2004 at 4:07 PM.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    €4000 a week is what the bill is, that includes management, which essentially is Mike, and that goalkeeping 'coach'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I have just been asked to retract this thread by someone at the club.For the benefit of some people reading this I would like to clarify the following:
    1). As I already mentioned, I have been made aware that our potential saviour has been paying the wages for the past few weeks.
    2). The wage bill is around the €4000 per week mark.
    3). I personally believe that a benefactor is taking a risk by paying wages like this when he is not in control of the club, and has no comeback on this investment should he not get control of the club.This is my opinion only.
    4). I can see no inference by any post on this thread that certain committee members are pocketing almost half of the wage bill, which I have just been accused of by one of them of stating. I will not be making a retraction of anything, as I don't believe I have told any untruths.If there is paranoia among certain committee members, then I certainly am not responsible for it, and will continue to post here freely, as I am entitled to do unless the moderator tells me to do so.
    Last edited by joeSoap; 09/09/2004 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    At this stage I think the People who are currently running the club and monitoring websites should come clean and tell us once and for all Truthfully, if thats possible, what is going on regarding takeovers etc.

Stop playing with the future of the club and make the deal now please. The consortium are serious about running Senior Football in this city unlike the present incumbants. I would ask ye not to jepordise the future of LOI football by stalling at the present.

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    good post john, totally agreed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a farce! No-one said anything of the sort on this board. Michael O'Sullivan is the only one who mentioned it.

If Mr Drew is putting money into the club and is prepared to do it properly why are they hanging on? I wonder if anyone could guess.....
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    If this deal doesn't go through, those responsible for blocking it should vilified in my opinion. Because at that stage we would know for sure that there are ulterior reasons for hanging on to something that clearly they haven't got the capacity to run properly.

I mean, I laugh when I see certain committee members in photos in the paper. You'd think they'd be, at the very least, presentable to the cameras and present a good image. Instead they look like the committee of a Junior Division 3C club, and thats even an insult to Division 3 clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    At this stage I think the People who are currently running the club and monitoring websites should come clean and tell us once and for all Truthfully, if thats possible, what is going on regarding takeovers etc.

Stop playing with the future of the club and make the deal now please. The consortium are serious about running Senior Football in this city unlike the present incumbants. I would ask ye not to jepordise the future of LOI football by stalling at the present.

JohnD
    I agree JohnD. This post is obviously just your opinion on it. I think it is shared by many members of the SC. Is there any action that could be taken to indicate this position at the Dundalk game.

I wonder if this would be welcomed by the consortium. I appreciate that you are not involved in that so really I am addressing this to anyone who may have access to them It's important that the SC do not become a pawn in this of curse but we all have the best interests of the club at heart.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I see nothing wrong with Joe's post. Any inferrance that the money is being pocketed is coming from another direction entirely if my reading of the thread is correct.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was surprised to see the wage bill was so low.can i assume the staff and
    players have full time jobs.it seems to me that limerick are going to find it very hard to compete when certain premier clubs can pay 3000euro a week
    to some players.