Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paddy Madden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Reading that article and looking at gibsons pass against oldham last night got me thinking. Assuming that Maddens form isn't a flash in the pan and he keeps scoring consistently over the next few seasons, a lot comes down to the manager really doesn't it? You would think that all managers in the Professional system in England would be able identify a players best or most natural position and play him there, but also that a player would be able perform with those around him or if not, can it be said that those around him just aren't on the same level?

It seems that the manager at Yeovil let him play the way he wanted and where he wanted, which got the best out of him, but its worrying that the manager at Carlisle never gave him that chance. How many other players haven't got this chance?

The parallel with Gibson, is that the ball he played in was good, but the defending was poor, however the defenders didn't anticipate that pass, so something tells me that the forwards at Oldham might not have anticipated that either. Gibson could hit those balls all day long in the 2nd division and those around him and his manager might think he is useless at picking out his man. I'd like to think though from even playing at u14 level you can identify when a good ball is played or not, regardless of the outcome.
    Great post.

I mentioned that above. It was preceisely the problem for Paddy when he played for us. He was just far too good.

I thought you were building up to some sort of idea that we should have Paddy in the Ireland squad so that Gibbo can lob those sorts of balls into him.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    That was the next paragraph which I will come back to next season when he gets his move and Gibson has come out of his self-imposed exile.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Back to scoring ways after a few blank sheets, putting Yeovil 2-0 up at home to Crawley.

edit: and that makes it 20 league goals this season for Madden
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 12/03/2013 at 7:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Back to scoring ways after a few blank sheets, putting Yeovil 2-0 up at home to Crawley.

edit: and that makes it 20 league goals this season for Madden
    He's rubbish isn't he.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He'll never make it in the England. Sure I heard his brother was shopping him around to every club in Dublin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Another goal today, and one for Kevin Dawson, in the 3-3 away draw with his old club Carlisle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    #paddymaddencallup
    You've got no fans.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Just had a nosey at the latest issue of Four Four Two and he's been voted in as top League One player and 5th overall in Four Four Two's annual top 50 football league players, fair dues to him. Didn't think he had it in him when he was at Bohs, could well be Championship clubs sniffing around this summer.
    Irish Football Blog - A False First XI - http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/

Twitter: @afalsefirstxi

To Follow on Facebook go to:https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Just had a nosey at the latest issue of Four Four Two and he's been voted in as top League One player and 5th overall in Four Four Two's annual top 50 football league players, fair dues to him. Didn't think he had it in him when he was at Bohs, could well be Championship clubs sniffing around this summer.
    Can I ask why? I always thought he was a bit wasteful at Bohs (he practically gifted Rovers the title a couple of years back when it was all but handed to Bohs in the final couple of weeks) but I always thought he was a super talent. He has a David Connolly-like ability to be in the right place and he's got a bit of pace about him too.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    where is the worm lately?has he been put off by the frequency of posts of his arch nemesis The Crosby 87
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Can I ask why? I always thought he was a bit wasteful at Bohs (he practically gifted Rovers the title a couple of years back when it was all but handed to Bohs in the final couple of weeks) but I always thought he was a super talent. He has a David Connolly-like ability to be in the right place and he's got a bit of pace about him too.
    Precisely because he was so wasteful in front of goal and the manner in which he conducted himself when the club desperately needed to cash in him didn't help either. Thought he made a mistake holding Celtic to ransom and blowing that deal, he expected better but ended up at Carlisle, thought his attitude was going to fcuk him up. Appreciate he was a young kid at the time and has hopefully grown up since. He missed so many chances that season it was ridiculous though, he'd have struggled to finish his dinner it was that bad, firmly believe that if Fenlon had given Aaron Greene or Raff Cretaro (when he was fit) more gametime ahead of Madden that season we would have won the league comfortably.
    Irish Football Blog - A False First XI - http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/

Twitter: @afalsefirstxi

To Follow on Facebook go to:https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    OK, respectfully disagree. That Bohs side wasn't great shakes and Aaron Greene has shown his inability to stake a claim in starting line-ups both sides of the Liffey. Cretaro was perhaps busy with his Advanced Hair Studio commitments to lead Bohs to a third successive title.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    where is the worm lately?has he been put off by the frequency of posts of his arch nemesis The Crosby 87

No idea.
    This was his last post
    http://foot.ie/threads/175481-Carl-M...=1#post1660335

At least some women have some idea about football and/or the Irish team...

This place is starting to get pathetic.
    Maybe so pathetic he decided to leave? I doubt that somehow.
    Seems odd he has not pasted for about 2 months.
    Hope he is OK.

Maybe he did decide to leave?

(from the same thread same day)

Miaow....

There's a place for all contributors in this forum, irrespective of the perceived quality of the contributions. Isn't intolerance the reason you moved over here from ybig in the first place?
    Does he post on ybig?

Seems his does

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/irish-score...ml?KW=#1174816

Dated 30 Mar 2013 at 5:23pm
    So i looks like he is not dead after all!!!

Also on his profile there is says he was a student, I kind of had the impression he was rather old for some reason so I thought he might have naturally expired.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 02/04/2013 at 9:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Does he post on ybig?
    Seems his does
    http://www.ybig.ie/forum/irish-score...ml?KW=#1174816
    Dated 30 Mar 2013 at 5:23pm
    So i looks like he is not dead after all!!!
    He posts the list of Irish scorers every Saturday, but that's all he ever posts. his signature on ybig says all you really need to know about his opinions on the members and discussions there at the moment
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 02/04/2013 at 11:10 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    OK, respectfully disagree. That Bohs side wasn't great shakes and Aaron Greene has shown his inability to stake a claim in starting line-ups both sides of the Liffey. Cretaro was perhaps busy with his Advanced Hair Studio commitments to lead Bohs to a third successive title.
    All about opinions mate. All I know is I saw point after point get thrown away through his profligacy in front of goal that season.

Bohs side may not have been great but still would have won the league had we not got sucker punched in the last minute away to Galway second last game in a game we ultimately wound up not needing to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    All about opinions mate. All I know is I saw point after point get thrown away through his profligacy in front of goal that season.

Bohs side may not have been great but still would have won the league had we not got sucker punched in the last minute away to Galway second last game in a game we ultimately wound up not needing to win.
    Yeah but your side had, what, 12-15 league winners in it? That Rovers side had 2 or 3 who had won the league in the past. You had one very inexperienced player in front of goal that year but they were surrounded by players who had done it multiple times. There aren't many players in world football who have instantly stepped up and won titles for their team aged 20 or whatever. You have to expect players that young to make mistakes and you should have expected Jason Byrne to pick up the slack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Wasn't even aware I had an archnemesis. (Other than Gonorrhea of course.)
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    He posts the list of Irish scorers every Saturday, but that's all he ever posts. his signature on ybig says all you really need to know about his opinions on the members and discussions there at the moment
    I have no idea what his signature is supposed to mean,perhaps you could explain?
    Can't understand why anyone would be too fussed about what people said on an internet football forum anyway.
    It's certainly never bothered me!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    I have no idea what his signature is supposed to mean,perhaps you could explain?
    Can't understand why anyone would be too fussed about what people said on an internet football forum anyway.
    It's certainly never bothered me!!
    actually, just checked there and he's changed his signature. Up until very recently, it was a graph with a timeline of when users joined and the legend "odds you're a c*nt".
    About two years ago, there was a massive surge in new members on YBIG, and this led to loads of pointless threads being started, the same arguments from the same posters in every thread and the whole forum became a bit pointless for a while. It's calmed down a little since, and is moderated slightly better, but I still give it a wide berth after an Ireland game. theworm decided he wasn't having anything to do with it anymore because of the lack of moderation, and apart from the regular "Irish scorers" post on Saturdays, doesn't post there anymore

the world cups, and the numbers refer to the number of posts on the forum, he posted the 80,000th, 90,000th and 100,000th post
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    He comes across as a very highly strung fella.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast