Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ben called it a day after this year. Also it seems like the team is starting to sour on Tomlin.

The Kirk Cousins thing is interesting too. Washington is such a mess with the GM calling him "Kurt" over and over last week.

Ill throw one college thing out there...Hugh Freeze getting canned at Ole Miss. Man, I knew there was no way that guy could turn that program around so quickly on the up and up. But the ex coach, Houston Nutt dimming him out? Dirty pool. Bizarre. Only in the SEC type garbage.
    Washington don't have a GM! ... They are a joke of an organisation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Luck going on the PUP list from that off season shoulder surgery....they are saying it was expected but it seems like guys stay hurt all year when they start on that list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Giants WR Sterling Shepard goes down in a heap and carted off at practice. Supposedly ankle. BIG BIG trouble for Big Blue if he is out for the year. Really expecting him to be a pro bowler in the slot between OBJ and Brandon Marshall. Devastating. Great guy too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Giants WR Sterling Shepard goes down in a heap and carted off at practice. Supposedly ankle. BIG BIG trouble for Big Blue if he is out for the year. Really expecting him to be a pro bowler in the slot between OBJ and Brandon Marshall. Devastating. Great guy too.
    Angle strain - he's fine!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Tannehill leaves with knee injury. Dolphins season hangs in balance. Sort of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Cutler out of retirement to MIA for 1 yr/$10 Million. Kap still unsigned. Went to Jets practice Saturday....the DBs look great. QBs look horrid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Huge hit for K.C. with Spencer Ware out for the year and Edelman is done for NE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Pats finally humbled in bad loss:
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...robably-needed

They will probably win the next 10 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Eli benched for Geno Smith, starting streak will end, second only to Brett Favre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    That's a shocking decision by the Giants management, they must have consulted Eli beforehand, you don't just break a guys streak when your season is over to look at a guy who wasn't good enough for the Jets!!! When Geno throws 3 first half picks and McAdoo turns to Eli and tells him to go in, Eli should tell him to f**k off and go in himself, stupid decision McAdoo has to be fired after this season.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Pats finally humbled in bad loss:
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...robably-needed

They will probably win the next 10 games.
    Nearly there.

Bills next at home, Miami again away ( traditionally a tough game for the Pats ) and then the all consuming match up at Pittsburgh in week 15.
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 29/11/2017 at 8:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I agree with you Arfella...they have been getting absolutely torn up on sports radio since it happened. Everyone is saying the Jags are the perfect place for Eli next year...Bortles is awful, reunite with Coughlin, good D, etc...I just have a tough time imagining him in that ugly Jags get up. Browns have had 24 QBs start since Eli's first start til now. Knicks have had 9 coaches...New Jersey has had 5 Governors...

Real Ale do you think Mike Tomlin should be talking so positively that it's between the Steelers and Pats in the AFC and no one else? I happen to agree, it just seems dangerous to touch the money. He was literally like We have them in week 15 and then again in the AFC Championship. Wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    IReal Ale do you think Mike Tomlin should be talking so positively that it's between the Steelers and Pats in the AFC and no one else? I happen to agree, it just seems dangerous to touch the money. He was literally like We have them in week 15 and then again in the AFC Championship. Wow.
    Tomlin has every reason to be confident as there is literally nothing in the AFC this year - even the Pats are not as good as previous years - still, this is football and you just never know. The Steelers still need to take care of business against a resurgent Bengals and Ravens in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    What about the NFC? Eagles, Vikings, Rams, N.O. ....nothing really excites me there. Wasn't impressed with the Panthers last week vs Jets at all. Jets were playing both them AND the refs and still should have won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    What about the NFC? Eagles, Vikings, Rams, N.O. ....nothing really excites me there. Wasn't impressed with the Panthers last week vs Jets at all. Jets were playing both them AND the refs and still should have won.
    I love watching the Eagles and the Saints - in fact I reckon the Eagles are going to take advantage of this down year and win the Superbowl. Rams are fun to watch as well - I think the Vikings will be found out at some stage. Can't trust Keenum. Eagles / Patriots Superbowl for me at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    There is nothing in the AFC besides the Steelers & Pats and I can't see the Steelers beating them in January, so I think that side of things is pretty much taken care of but the NFC is where it's at any one of the current 6 seeds (7 if you include Seattle) could make it to Minnesota in Feb, some real offensive juggernauts who aren't afraid to just chuck the ball down the field, great to see and will make for compelling viewing come the post-season. On the other end of the scale I am really excited to see Jimmy G get his first start for the 49ers, been a rough couple of years to be a 9ers fan but I think Jimmy G could be the guy we build the franchise around going forward.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    The Santa Clara 49ers players were not happy last week when their own fans cheered that QB Bethard (sp?) getting hurt. Jimmy G has to be a little nervous starting behind that O-line!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Yeah that was ridiculous, the Iowa kid fought hard for the team despite having tackling dummies for an o-line and made some really good plays, but I never saw the actual talent that could make him a franchise QB. Jimmy G just has that QB look and swagger, I was legitimately aroused watching him for the limited snaps he saw against the Seahawks, although I was quite a few beers deep late on Sunday and I might have felt the same about anyone at that point!
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I agree Jimmy G has a shot to be good. Although we have seen this movie before with Matt Cassell et al.........You don't want to win games now though. Too many bad teams could hop over you. If you have your QB you could think about Saquon Barkley in the draft. Rumors today that both USC and UCLA QBs will stay in school. That GREATLY affects the top 5 picks.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast