Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: American Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Rodgers looks fine but the Green Bay D isn't up to this so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    How in the world did Dallas lose to this team last week at home? Green Bay D are awful. You couldn't leave ATL with more running room after the catch if they paid them to do it. They're in a zone...where is everyone? It looks like they have 7 players out there.

I fear Pitt is overmatched in the next game as well. Could be a boring Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Some facts about Tommy Brady's legendary diet. Tommy claims he has never eaten a strawberry or had even a sip of coffee in his life. The only fruit he ever eats is an occasional banana, in a non dairy smoothie. Tommy B eats no dairy or sugar. A treat is some non dairy avocado ice cream. (Creamless ice cream?) The deflator does not consume any nightshade veggies or fungi such as tomatoes, potatoes (gasp), or mushrooms. He rarely has alcohol. His wife Giselle Bunghole eats the same way. He says his kids are on a diet slightly less strict. He said yesterday in the media session "I don't think you can play in the NFL at 39 and eat cheeseburgers."

The nutritionists the writer asked about the diet were very skeptical. Hard to argue with success I guess. And I have to wonder....do him and Coach Belly ever think of a way for him to....cheat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    2 days out from the big game.

Who's gonna win and what's your pick for MVP?

I'm hoping for Falcons & Julio Jones personally, but I can see TB12 winning both by sheer will (and cheating, obviously) as the ultimate FU to Roger Goodell and the NFL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    God this is tough. Starting to realise how Denver felt a few years back.

People really really hate the Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Sacre Bleu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    American Football growing in Ireland:
    http://www.punditarena.com/nfl/bmcgi...ican-football/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Teams reporting for camp soon. What are the Top Story lines for this season?

1. Can Tom Brady keep it going?
    The Pats signing of respected Jets Captain David Harris and bringing in burner Brandin Cooks from NO, along with fixing a leaky secondary make them look way better to me on paper than last year. God I hate the Pats!

2. Falcons
    Will the Falcons implode with a hangover from losing the Super Bowl in a complete debacle? OC Kyle Shannahan has left for a Head Coaching job with the Niners. I have a bad feeling about the Dirty Birds this year.

3. Suck for Sam.
    The Jets are obviously trying to go 0-16 to enter the Sam Darnold sweepstakes. The only problem? He can go back to school next year and reportedly doesn't want to play for them. Jets seem like the worst team on paper by leaps and bounds. But they will screw it up by winning a few games and picking 4th or something. Owner had left for the US Ambassador position in London. What a mess.

4. Is Goff a bust?
    You could tell just by watching Hard Knocks last preseason that #1 pick Jared Goff had a long way to go. There are respected NFL insiders that think he is going to be a bust. And the Rams gave up so much for him..the new coach is 31 years old. Gulp.

5. Deshaun Watson
    This one is kind of under the radar but interesting to me. A hell of a player in college, Texans felt they needed to grab him after the Brock Osweiler disaster last year.... Prototype College QB. League seems split 50/50 on if he can make it in the NFL or not. Seems like a good guy. But his style...it will be fun to watch.

6. OBJ
    The Giants WR is quickly becoming the NFL's most popular player. Sometimes makes questionable off field decisions. Giants are loaded and think they have a real shot at a Super Bowl. Bringing in BRandon Marshall to mentor OBJ is either going to be brilliant or a complete disaster.

7. Cowgirls
    Dallas thinks they have a great shot. They seem to have at least 2 or 3 arrests every few weeks. If Dak takes a step back in a sophomore slump things will get crazy down there quickly. Tony Romo is headed for the broadcast booth but supposedly would unretire if Dak got hurt and they needed a QB.

8. Luck Needed
    Injuries and a terrible front office/bad coaching staff have hampered the career of Andrew Luck. Could see him switching teams if things implode in Indy again.

9. Raiders
    Exciting team have a real shot at things, but how will the fan base react to them as lame ducks after agreeing to move to Vegas? Carr is one of the leagues best players. High hopes in OAK.

10. Kaepernick
    Will he get signed by anyone? Is he blackballed for his anti police stance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    11. LeVeon Bell's last season at the Steelers?
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    Teams reporting for camp soon. What are the Top Story lines for this season?

1. Can Tom Brady keep it going?
    The Pats signing of respected Jets Captain David Harris and bringing in burner Brandin Cooks from NO, along with fixing a leaky secondary make them look way better to me on paper than last year. God I hate the Pats!

2. Falcons
    Will the Falcons implode with a hangover from losing the Super Bowl in a complete debacle? OC Kyle Shannahan has left for a Head Coaching job with the Niners. I have a bad feeling about the Dirty Birds this year.

3. Suck for Sam.
    The Jets are obviously trying to go 0-16 to enter the Sam Darnold sweepstakes. The only problem? He can go back to school next year and reportedly doesn't want to play for them. Jets seem like the worst team on paper by leaps and bounds. But they will screw it up by winning a few games and picking 4th or something. Owner had left for the US Ambassador position in London. What a mess.

4. Is Goff a bust?
    You could tell just by watching Hard Knocks last preseason that #1 pick Jared Goff had a long way to go. There are respected NFL insiders that think he is going to be a bust. And the Rams gave up so much for him..the new coach is 31 years old. Gulp.

5. Deshaun Watson
    This one is kind of under the radar but interesting to me. A hell of a player in college, Texans felt they needed to grab him after the Brock Osweiler disaster last year.... Prototype College QB. League seems split 50/50 on if he can make it in the NFL or not. Seems like a good guy. But his style...it will be fun to watch.

6. OBJ
    The Giants WR is quickly becoming the NFL's most popular player. Sometimes makes questionable off field decisions. Giants are loaded and think they have a real shot at a Super Bowl. Bringing in BRandon Marshall to mentor OBJ is either going to be brilliant or a complete disaster.

7. Cowgirls
    Dallas thinks they have a great shot. They seem to have at least 2 or 3 arrests every few weeks. If Dak takes a step back in a sophomore slump things will get crazy down there quickly. Tony Romo is headed for the broadcast booth but supposedly would unretire if Dak got hurt and they needed a QB.

8. Luck Needed
    Injuries and a terrible front office/bad coaching staff have hampered the career of Andrew Luck. Could see him switching teams if things implode in Indy again.

9. Raiders
    Exciting team have a real shot at things, but how will the fan base react to them as lame ducks after agreeing to move to Vegas? Carr is one of the leagues best players. High hopes in OAK.

10. Kaepernick
    Will he get signed by anyone? Is he blackballed for his anti police stance?
    Good list ... and I think No. 6 is right .... its hate me to say it but the Giants are the team that will win the super bowl this year ... beat the Pats in the final!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    11. LeVeon Bell's last season at the Steelers?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ben called it a day after this year. Also it seems like the team is starting to sour on Tomlin.

The Kirk Cousins thing is interesting too. Washington is such a mess with the GM calling him "Kurt" over and over last week.

Ill throw one college thing out there...Hugh Freeze getting canned at Ole Miss. Man, I knew there was no way that guy could turn that program around so quickly on the up and up. But the ex coach, Houston Nutt dimming him out? Dirty pool. Bizarre. Only in the SEC type garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    *Checks the Atlanta preview* Injury, injury, injury *Closes site*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    And taking Takkarist Mckinley in the first round...yikes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    God this is tough. Starting to realise how Denver felt a few years back.

People really really hate the Pats.
    We really really really do.

Kerry feels in essence.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    We really really really do.

Kerry feels in essence.
    We really really don't care.

Brady5.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    We really really don't care.

Brady5.jpg
    As bad as supporting Man City or Chelsea... :P
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Adopted the Oakland Raiders on a whim a while back (well, a BBC who should you support poll which included a question on whether it mattered if they had a chance of actually winning at all in which I clicked no) and became quite attached to them and now face the moral quandary of whether to stick with them when they move.

Kinda feel like I should support the Packers because they are member owned and that but, sure maybe I should have one sport where I don't think about this stuff and just roll with it. So feck it, sticking with them for now at least.

Just felt you all should know.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    You know Marshawn Lynch signed with Oakland, right? Should help out.
    In fairness to them moving to LV, I mean Oakland is a cesspool and one of those Baltimore/Detroit type cities that the Left wing welfare train has run into the ground. At least you won't get shot in the parking lot in LV. If they tried to get a stadium built in 30 years it wouldn't happen in OAK. I mean look at the Niners. They play an hour away now in Santa Clara.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Aware Lynch signed yes. If they can keep Carr fit they should be formidable.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast