Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Finn Harps v Limerick Saturday 18th 7:45pm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts

Finn Harps v Limerick Saturday 18th 7:45pm.

https://www.facebook.com/events/169164039886336/

Facebook event here for anyone interested.

Many of you lads coming up?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I'll be there with five other lads, couldn't tell you after that.

Huge incentive for us, win this and we can afford our painfully predictable defeat to Waterford.

My prediction:

Will only be three points clear by the time this kicks off, will still be three points clear and full time heading into the Waterford game and our CHAMPIONS thread will look foolish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    The optimism is strong in this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    We should, should, have far too much for ye in every department of the field.

But 17 years has thought me well.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    A little bit of pressure taken off for tomorrow night with Waterford losing to Wexford.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    ANother defeat for waterford tonight this game tomorrow night now is huge chance to completely kill off waterford and go 9pts ahead of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    ANother defeat for waterford tonight this game tomorrow night now is huge chance to completely kill off waterford and go 9pts ahead of them
    and....missed. Played his third choice center half on the right wing for the entire 95mins so a draw was about all he deserved. Turned the pressure up on himself with this loss of 2 points, joining mervue and wexford who have gained points up in harps this month. League champions elect my fooking arse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    and....missed. Played his third choice center half on the right wing for the entire 95mins so a draw was about all he deserved. Turned the pressure up on himself with this loss of 2 points, joining mervue and wexford who have gained points up in harps this month. League champions elect my fooking arse
    Harps are now unbeaten in 7. In our last 4 games now we've drawn with Limerick at home, beat Longford away, beat Salthill at home and drew with Waterford away.
    There's no real shame in getting a point in Finn Park lately (thankfully)

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Nothing wrong with a point up there. Looked like a weird decision line up wise with everyone barr O'Leary available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Harps are now unbeaten in 7. In our last 4 games now we've drawn with Limerick at home, beat Longford away, beat Salthill at home and drew with Waterford away.
    There's no real shame in getting a point in Finn Park lately (thankfully)

i dont see it that way at all sam. Do you think shels or cork last year (when the league was way stronger) would have gone up there and settled for a point and had all the newbe (fb) fans saying its good to get a point? they would have trounced yee. Thats the differance between winners and winners elect.
    Limerick played a center half on the wing last night to GAA like "break ball". we had a bench of Guthrie, Cusack (GK) Bradley, Collins, Behan, McGrath and Derick O'Brien. Four of those subs have played on the right wing for Limerick this season so who in gods name came up with this one. By having a center half at right wing, and a left wing who was having a rough time of it, they couldnt switch them, i mean who would play a center half on the left wing for gods sake like actually dont go there. We, the limerick fans that were there were saying when would he make his subs as some players were not performing. All agreed that it would be when we went 2 up or Harps equalized. It was a long time after harps equalized that Bradley was introduced and the disbelieving Judge hawled ashore. We still had a center half on the right wing btw. Behan came on late and seemed to settle into a left wing position which was not where he was needed. Corie didnt have a bad game but asking him to play right wing for 95 mins was a stuped call which will cost us.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    A slip, but plenty of time to prepare for the really big game in two weeks time.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    i dont see it that way at all sam. Do you think shels or cork last year (when the league was way stronger) would have gone up there and settled for a point and had all the newbe (fb) fans saying its good to get a point? they would have trounced yee. Thats the differance between winners and winners elect.
    So much for 'credit where credit is due'. As Sam said, Harps are unbeaten in 7 now, playing decent football with a young side. Limerick were complacent, sent out a side they shouldn't have, and paid the price. Harps capitalised and took a very deserved point. Finn Park has never been an easy place to get points in the past. Cork and Shels would have hammered us last year yes, but I'd like to see them come up now and trounce us. It wouldn't happen.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    i dont see it that way at all sam. Do you think shels or cork last year (when the league was way stronger) would have gone up there and settled for a point .
    No, they would rightfully expect 3 points, but we were absolutely **** last season. We're not now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    So much for 'credit where credit is due'. As Sam said, Harps are unbeaten in 7 now, playing decent football with a young side. Limerick were complacent, sent out a side they shouldn't have, and paid the price. Harps capitalised and took a very deserved point. Finn Park has never been an easy place to get points in the past. Cork and Shels would have hammered us last year yes, but I'd like to see them come up now and trounce us. It wouldn't happen.

credit to what was essentially a finn harps under 19 side for getting a deserved point Nig. No arguement there. Its my side im annoyed over. It takes a lot to drive 630kms to support your team but we do it cos we have the aspiration to show we are good supporters and we support this team. Then we have a center half on the wing. where is the aspiration to win there from our team/manager? Its dropped points for us.

16. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    I'd have no argument there. If things were reversed with us having a very good squad, playing a side with a bunch of injuries I'd expect a win even if the opposition were doing reasonably OK at the time.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    Match report and interview with the managers here: http://t.co/yuob4OIa
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

19. Thanks From: