Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: EA Sports Cup Semi-Final Shamrock Rovers vs Limerick FC

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts

EA Sports Cup Semi-Final Shamrock Rovers vs Limerick FC

Tie to be played on Monday 6th of August. Its a Bank Holiday Monday so possibly an early kick off and a big travelling support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I wonder will these games be televised ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Never are to my knowledge, is the final even ever televised?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    No the semi finals weren't televised last year. Setanta used to televise the final but RTE televised Cork vs Pats in the final last year.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Depending on how the FD table looks on the August Bank Holiday weekend, not sure how much focus Limerick can afford to give to this.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Depending on how the FD table looks on the August Bank Holiday weekend, not sure how much focus Limerick can afford to give to this.
    We are playing Longford at home the Friday before and Wexford Youths the Friday after. Win or Lose against Longford I think we can afford to put out a strong enough team for the semi-final on the Monday night and still have a strong team traveling to Wexford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Shams have better things to worry about as well, so ye'd have a good shot at them I'd say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Don't have to worry about this game being moved anyway as Shamrock Rovers were knocked out of europe tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Can see shams starting strong enough in this. They have a big squad and kenny could probably do with winning something this year. They have plenty of weakness's though and if Gaffney is on form and the younger lads can up the tempo we could cause a lot of problems tonight.

Ryan

Kelly
    Purcell
    Treacy
    Tracy

Coughlan
    Bradley
    Gamble
    Judge

Foley
    Gaffney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Brutal performance.

Klucair is not up to it at all. Why Scully has decided he deserves to start out of position a head of Corie Treacy is baffling. Corie and Pat Purcell had started to get a good partnership going at the back a few weeks back.

We didn't play like a team at all tonight, sloppy mistakes, lost going forward, didn't know what to do in possession. It's like we didn't know whether to attack or sit tight and counter.

If we get premier the team needs some serious bolstering as far as pace goes. We lack it pretty much all over the park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Brutal performance.

Klucair is not up to it at all. Why Scully has decided he deserves to start out of position a head of Corie Treacy is baffling. Corie and Pat Purcell had started to get a good partnership going at the back a few weeks back.

We didn't play like a team at all tonight, sloppy mistakes, lost going forward, didn't know what to do in possession. It's like we didn't know whether to attack or sit tight and counter.

If we get premier the team needs some serious bolstering as far as pace goes. We lack it pretty much all over the park.
    This after two matches in three days, one 24 hours before? I'd agree that the starting XI could do with a boost in terms of pace but I don't think the team can be judged on the third game in four (second game in two) days.

I also don't see where this criticism of Kluciar has come from since he arrived, he's done a job in the three games I've seen (though the City game was hard to judge).

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Brutal performance.

Why didn't he start Gaffney...is there an issue there? he got no minutes against City. 4 centre midfielders in midfield

Agree with you on Corie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    This after two matches in three days, one 24 hours before? I'd agree that the starting XI could do with a boost in terms of pace but I don't think the team can be judged on the third game in four (second game in two) days.

I also don't see where this criticism of Kluciar has come from since he arrived, he's done a job in the three games I've seen (though the City game was hard to judge).
    I think klucair looks very awkward and prone to mistakes. His passing leaves a lot to be desired too. Centre back didn't need to be messed with in my opinion. A back up was needed there alright but that was it.

I'm more judging the team on recent performances, not just last night. Barr a decent enough performance against Longford we were poor against Salthill, Athlone and Waterford. Perform like we did in those games and we will definitely drop a few more points this season.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 07/08/2012 at 9:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I think klucair looks very awkward and prone to mistakes. His passing leaves a lot to be desired too. Centre back didn't need to be messed with in my opinion. A back up was needed there alright but that was it.

I'm more judging the team on recent performances, not just last night. Barr a decent enough performance against Longford we were poor against Salthill, Athlone and Waterford. Perform like we did in those games and we will definitely drop a few more points this season.
    Well fair enough, Kluciar looks decent but I would agree we looked solid enough and didn't need shaking up at the back as it was. Typical Scully I suppose; chopping and changing where it's not needed and sticking with what isn't working. Thought he'd moved past that at this stage . . .