Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Limerick Desmond League 2012/13

Well lads Pre-season is just around the corner any thoughts on the season ahead lets hope its a closer premier division this year....Any teams folded or any new teams???

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Not heard much, any news welcome.

I heard Old Mill struggled, or were looking like struggling for numbers to field a side this time last year due to emigration. Hopefully things a little easier this year, but maybe that's being optimistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    KEANE'S JEWELLERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS TROPHY Season 2012-13
    1st Round Draw
    College Corinthians (MSL) v Park Utd (Cork AUL)
    Pike Rvs (Limerick District) v Nenagh AFC (North Tipp)
    St Brendans Park (Kerry) v Broadford Utd (L'rick Desmond)
    St Michael's (TSDL) v Dunmanway Town (West Cork)

Quarter Final Draw
    Valley Rgs (West W'ford/East Cork) v Tramore AFC (Waterford)
    Tile King (Cork B&S) v St Brendans Park or Broadford Utd
    St Michael's or Dunmanway Town v College Cors or Park Utd
    Pike Rvs or Nenagh AFC v Newmarket Celtic (Clare)

Proposed Dates:
    1st Round 8th / 9th September 2012
    Quarter Finals 6th / 7th October 2012
    Semi Finals 10th / 11th November 2012
    Final 1st / 2nd December 2012

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Heard there is a lot of movement with managers at moment with the des cup winning managers returning to their home club, wonder if some players will follow. New manager with league champions and new managers with abbey and rathkeale. Who do see as title challengers, my view would be Ncw A, broadford, shannonside and abbey, and who do ye see as being relegated, my view kileaney, Ncw rvrs or Carrig. Any news on players moving to different clubs. Best of luck to everybody for new season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Shannonside as challengers already ? Fair play to them. How long are they around now? And are they Foynes & Shanagolden combined or whats the situation?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What planet have you been living on craftytoepoke, Shannonside are around for the last 4 years and are an amalgamation of Foynes and Shanagolden. They walked the first division in their first season, won the premier league cup in their second season(first in the premier), were premier runners up in their third season and won the league cup and desmond cup last season so rightfully should be seen as contenders if they keep their panel and maybe add to it. Alot will probably depend on who is manager there? Who are Broadfords and Rathkeales new managers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I think there will be a mid winter break this season to help out our national team
    "I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock" - Barry Venison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll View Post
    What planet have you been living on craftytoepoke
    Haven't lived in Ireland since 1998. Desmond League developments aren't really headline news, and I wouldn't be meeting anyone to tell me in these parts.

Where is the home ground ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=CraftyToePoke;1611030]

Where is the home ground ?
    They have 3 grounds what they use between the A & B team, A's play mostly in Aughinish or barrigone with the B's playing in Shanagolden. The A's played all their games in Aughinish last season because barrigone was being relayed.
    Should be a good season this year, can see it being a lot closer. I heard the new newcastle managers all pushing hard trying to get former players and other players from around the league to newcastle. Will be a disaster for shannonside if they lose power and O'Donnell after the success they had last year.
    I think the title will be between broadford, shannonside and ncw depending on who strengthens the most. If shannonside can keep those 2 and get a good manager i think they will pip it. I heard broadford are back training for the last week or 2.
    When is the junior season kick off this year?
    Any other new players changing clubs?

11. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The word on the street is that Newcastle had a number of new signings playing for them last night in NCW whil Broadford have signed some lad from Charleville who scores six goals against Kilmallock on Monday night. It should be a stronger league this year but Rovers already look in big trouble losing what looks like a number of players. Who are the Broadford and Abbey managers, Im suprised to hear Lynch didnt do Broadford job again this year after winning league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    2 rovers players played in the 6-1 defeat for newcastle wed night but hard to know if they have signed or just thinking about it, lots of players play friendlies for other clubs.
    I hear August 26th is the proposed start date for the league. Can anyone confirm ?
    "I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock" - Barry Venison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The word on the street is that Newcastle had a number of new signings playing for them last night in NCW whil Broadford have signed some lad from Charleville who scores six goals against Kilmallock on Monday night. It should be a stronger league this year but Rovers already look in big trouble losing what looks like a number of players. Who are the Broadford and Abbey managers, Im suprised to hear Lynch didnt do Broadford job again this year after winning league
    not jumping in on yer forum lads but just to clarify somthing the lad was paul doona from kilmallock and he scored 6 against bruff who are a 1b side that were missing around 6 starters and he is not signing with broadford as far as i know.
    Last edited by Balbec77; 13/07/2012 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think the league will be a lot tighter this yr, shannonside look like early favourites?Although they were 10 points ahead 2 seasons ago and chocked so maybe wont get a chance like that again, lets hope ncw abbey and ratkeale can get it right this year and make it more interesting.I think abbey will struggle unless they sign a few players cos they are flying in the gaa and going by last season at the start the gaa players wont be left play. carrig will do well but killeaney will struggle again..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I heard scott hurley and john kelliher played for broadford tue nite against killmallock.Any truth draper?? kelliher would be a good signing for ye if true as ye struggled to fill positon along side mcaulliffe,could not see him leaving abbey though. any other transfer news lads?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    All Quiet on here so far, any challenge matches on over the weekend? What about transfers anything certain?
    I Couldn't see Kelliher or Hurley signing for Broadford strange even playing a game with them, NCW seem to be strengthing but thats not much good if they continue playing suspended players and get deducted points like last season! Unless a team strengthen considerably I can't see anyone but Broadford or Shannonside winning all the major trophys again this season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I know I say this every year but any chance we could lay off the refs a bit this year.
    They are only human and will make mistakes and players/managers/supporters logging on here 10 mins after a match
    and blaming a ref for losing a match/league is not nice and a bit sad. Not to mention naming (or as good as) refs.
    So get on with the game and respect the refs. And best of luck to everyone in the upcoming campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    I know I say this every year but any chance we could lay off the refs a bit this year.
    They are only human and will make mistakes and players/managers/supporters logging on here 10 mins after a match
    and blaming a ref for losing a match/league is not nice and a bit sad. Not to mention naming (or as good as) refs.
    So get on with the game and respect the refs. And best of luck to everyone in the upcoming campaign.
    Sure isint this what this forum is all about??reports on games etc,and if a ref is bad what do you want people to do stay hush hush.and don't give me that crap they do it for the love of the game,they do it for the MONEY.players for nothing why shouldn't they ref for nothing???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well said hotspur! Does anyone know what way the league is starting off this year, is it goin to be like last year starting off on a friday and sunday? If so i think this is a bit unfair, its the first weekend of the league and the players are supposed to be fit enough to play 2 games in 36hours. This is tough at any time of the season but for the very first week i think its a bit much. Could they not start on a thursday night and give the players an extra day to recover?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Two horse race this season between NCW and Broadford. Cant see Shannonside doing much considering they've lost the managers, Power and O'Donnell to NCW. Huge effort required from Abbey to be in with a shout considering poor season last time out.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
    Sure isint this what this forum is all about??reports on games etc,and if a ref is bad what do you want people to do stay hush hush.and don​'t give me that crap they do it for the love of the game,they do it for the MONEY.players for nothing why shouldn't they ref for nothing???
    If a ref is bad then yes say so.
    What I am saying is some players blame refs to try and cover their own shortcomings.
    E.g. we lost 2-0, the ref got a few decisions wrong...it happens. people would rather talk about the ref getting those decisions wrong rather than say actually the team were below par.

The bit in bold, when did i say that?

You are willing to ref games for free this season so I presume?

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast