Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: RTE Panel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    The programme is about the Euros in general, not the Irish teams. Looks promising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    wasn't bad, but it could have been marketed better, I had no idea it was on until yesterday.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah I thought it was good. Some unusual camera angles and behind the scenes stuff.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Dunphy extremely negative pregame.
    An added benefit if we win is that he should **** off

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Just saw a clip from the RTÉ 'analysis' of the Barcelona Juventus game and Dunphy was in fine form. He had a good laugh at the victorious Juve team, pointing out all the "donkeys" they have and how Barcelona are in serious trouble if they can't beat the likes of them. Cuadrado, Khedira, Mandzukic and Higuain all made his shortlist.

Midstream he seemed to remember that he had previously tipped Juve to win the competition so pointed this out himself before anybody else could. He said something like "I had tipped them to win the competition actually but I don't think so after tonight". Strange to change his tune on a night where they comfortably maintained their three goal advantage against one of the tournament's favourites. Even more bizarre to have tipped a team full of donkeys to win the CL in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Just saw a clip from the RTÉ 'analysis' of the Barcelona Juventus game and Dunphy was in fine form. He had a good laugh at the victorious Juve team, pointing out all the "donkeys" they have and how Barcelona are in serious trouble if they can't beat the likes of them. Cuadrado, Khedira, Mandzukic and Higuain all made his shortlist.

Midstream he seemed to remember that he had previously tipped Juve to win the competition so pointed this out himself before anybody else could. He said something like "I had tipped them to win the competition actually but I don't think so after tonight". Strange to change his tune on a night where they comfortably maintained their three goal advantage against one of the tournament's favourites. Even more bizarre to have tipped a team full of donkeys to win the CL in the first place.
    yes, thought Juve played the perfect game for an away team 3-0 up from the first leg. never really looked in trouble defensively, held onto the ball when they needed to and countered quite well at times

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post

Perhaps he was tired and emotional again........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I only saw the second half of the game, but thought he was a little too relaxed in his seat delivering his verdict at the end of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    And apparently it's the end of the Barcelona golden era again, just as it was when they lost 7-0 to Bayern in 2013, before coming back to win a treble in 2015.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Lot of people saying that. This was on football365 yesterday: http://www.football365.com/news/long...e-of-barcelona

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I suppose it's a natural reaction but people always jump the gun, surely 2013 is a recent enough life lesson not to write them off. Bayern were the unstoppable force apparently.

There's no doubt that Barca (along with the Spanish national team) peaked in that 2008-2012 period but I can't see any reason why they won't continue to mount a strong challenge.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Noting to do with the Irish Panel (for a change) but two things caught my couch potato ear/eye over the weekend. The BBC interviewer on the field introduced the FA semi-final as a game between Spurs and Tottenham

Then there was an outrageous rant by Jeff Stelling on Sky, a Hartlepool supporter, while compering the Sky Sports Saturday programme demanding that the manager, David Jones, be sacked https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...to-barnet-2-0/ To use your job as a presenter to demand that someone else should be sacked from their job is an abuse of his position.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Somebody on F365 agrees with you there...

You went too far, Stelling…

On Saturday afternoon, Jeff Stelling went on a rant about the current state of affairs of Hartlepool United.

He went as far as to call for the manager Dave Jones to be removed/quit.

He then threw his toys out of the pram and said he would quit himself as honorary President of the club if it helped. These are his actual quotes:

“It’s not personal Dave, but for God’s sake, for the good of the club go now. “Walk now. It’s 13 points from 51 this is not your level of football. “[Pam Duxbury, the chairman, Gary Coxall, if he won’t walk then sack him …. do it today.”

Lo and behold, Dave Jones has quit today.

Am I alone in thinking this is disgraceful and a total lack of respect?

Now I don’t doubt for one minute that Stelling is a died in the wool Hartlepool fan, but this in my mind was beyond the pale.

Stelling is the host of Banterfest 2017 Soccer Saturday, a programme that I used to enjoy but now find full of uninformed imbeciles, with Stelling no better now.

The Merson/Thompson Marco Silva rant was their Jumping the Shark moment.

Imagine Gary Lineker went on MOTD on Saturday night and demanded the removal of Leicester’s manager.

The host is there to be impartial, to move things along, and to ask questions of the ‘experts’ to give more knowledge to the viewer, and to introduce the ad breaks.

Stelling is moving into Tim ‘Affecting the Game’ Lovejoy territory, and thinking he is the story. It went viral as the kids probably still say, and that was all fuel to Stelling’s ego fire. Look how this was reported in Twitter after a quick Google search.

Hartlepool part company with Dave Jones after Jeff Stelling called for his sacking in Soccer Saturday meltdown https://t.co/3RAqctjjIH pic.twitter.com/rF3g66dyHo
    — MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) April 24, 2017
    Jeff Stelling has got his wish.

Hartlepool United confirm manager Dave Jones has left the club.

Full details https://t.co/qD4CrzrUrm pic.twitter.com/D8cdrNn5QI
    — BBC Sport (@BBCSport) April 24, 2017

He is part of the problem while making out he is above it all. He encourages the likes of Merson and Thompson without challenging them. It’s not the first time, he made sarky comment about Villa recently and his ‘jokes’ are becoming more snide.

I know that this programme is probably aimed at the S*n readers, of which I am not, but I won’t be watching anymore.

I’ll leave the last word to Jones himself

“I’m fighting for my life, how about a bit of support Jeff, rather than the rubbish you are giving out?”

I am probably madder than I should be about this, but then again I probably shouldn’t have opened that second bottle of red last night.

DC, BAC

16. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Well, he isn't the first host to have had an agenda but I'll say no more about that topic. If I was Jones I would have stuck it out and tried to get the team out of trouble. Stelling should be ashamed of himself.

I watch the programme for the scores. I turn down the sound when Kamara or Thompson are almost having apoplexy when the ball has crossed the half way line in Bournemouth vs Southampton.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    485 Posts
    I just heard something I never thought I would hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Dunphy
    I was wrong.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    And what did this uncharacteristic act of humility relate to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    485 Posts
    Cristiano Ronaldo.

Remember when CR was 18 and Eamon slated him, called him a show pony and said he would never amount to anything. Well he's had 14 years to think about it and he's decided he was wrong about that.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    You wouldn't want Eamonn doing your scouting for you......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    Cristiano Ronaldo.

Remember when CR was 18 and Eamon slated him, called him a show pony and said he would never amount to anything. Well he's had 14 years to think about it and he's decided he was wrong about that.
    He's gone full circle on Juve too, tipped them to win it, then inexplicably ruled them out after beating Barca 3-0 on aggregate because they're a team of donkeys, and now they're "magnificent".

25. Thanks From:

JoséConté
    “Ronaldo is a disgrace to the game. His petulance, temperament, throwing himself on the ground. It was a disgrace to professional football. This fella Ronaldo is a cod.” - Eamonn Dunphy

Best cod you'll ever see Eamonn!

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast