Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Series 12 Updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The sending off was the wrong decision but I could at least understand why it was made (a 2 footed lunge that he didn't see properly)

The penalty and McMillen's booking was incredible. Wasn't any contact at all. Worst decision I've ever seen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    McKeown should be utterly embarrassed when he sees the footage of both decisions. As for MNS pundits, I'd have Rico, Kenny Cunningham and Sadlier on there each week ideally.

Edit: and I'd also ditch the sh*tty techno soundtracks to the highlights of most of the games. That was unbearable tonight in particular!
    Last edited by adamd164; 29/05/2012 at 1:36 AM.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    McKeown should be utterly embarrassed when he sees the footage of both decisions. As for MNS pundits, I'd have Rico, Kenny Cunningham and Sadlier on there each week ideally.

Edit: and I'd also ditch the sh*tty techno soundtracks to the highlights of most of the games. That was unbearable tonight in particular!
    +1, agree with everything you say there. 3 ideal pundits and Kenny Cunningham seems to be building a fair bit of knowledge about the league which is very refreshing to see.

Can't understand the background music to every match, I don't think there's another highlights programme in the world that uses rubbish like that. Doesn't matter if there's a big crowd or no atmosphere, it ruins the highlights for me with the music.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    The sending off was the wrong decision but I could at least understand why it was made (a 2 footed lunge that he didn't see properly)

The penalty and McMillen's booking was incredible. Wasn't any contact at all. Worst decision I've ever seen
    Unless the officials saw it properly they should never make a decision. I was sitting in the Riverside Stand almost level with the incident and did not think it was a bad foul (Bohs fans howled at McKeown calling back play). Most watching were bemused by the red card. The penalty decision was seen by nobody - on or off the pitch - except the ref.
    The acid test in these matters is always the players reaction and in neither incident (red card or penalty) did the players make much of the 'foul'. Both decisions ridiculous and another game influenced by knobhead reffing and another farcical display that will be ignored by ref's inspector.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Unless the officials saw it properly they should never make a decision
    Agreed. However its a common enough mistake by Refs. Its an error, but one i can kind of see why the error was made (if that makes sense)

The Penalty was inexcusable
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Agreed. However its a common enough mistake by Refs. Its an error, but one i can kind of see why the error was made (if that makes sense)

The Penalty was inexcusable
    Yea Dodge, I know what you mean. Always annoys me as it is easier not to give something unless you are 100%. I suspect ref realised he had overreacted on the red card and the pen was to (someway) mitigate the original bad decision.

In Irish ref school - 2 wrongs do make a right and 3 wrongs gets you a cup final

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Unless the officials saw it properly they should never make a decision. I was sitting in the Riverside Stand almost level with the incident and did not think it was a bad foul (Bohs fans howled at McKeown calling back play). Most watching were bemused by the red card. The penalty decision was seen by nobody - on or off the pitch - except the ref.
    Sorry marinobohs, you're wrong on this. As much as a muck ref I think McKeon is it was a definite penalty. I had a clear view of it directly opposite from the Richmond Road stand. McMillan wildly stretched the shirt of the Shels attacker and then let go of it. It doesn't look obvious from the video footage as he stretched the side of his shirt opposite to the camera angle.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456