Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Progression

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Progression

SINCE SAM ALLDARDYCE BROUGHT A LEAGUE TITLE @1 ST DIVISION HAVE LIMERICK FC MADE ANY PROGRESS.

1.WHO WAS RUNNING THE CLUB IN BIG SAMS TIME.

2.WHO S RUNNING THE CLUB NOW.

IS THERE ANYONE READING THIS THAT KNOWS OR HAS ANY IDEAS ON HELPING LIMERICK FC IMPROVE.

I KNOW MONEY HAS ALOT TO DO WITH IT,BUT NEW PEOPLE BRING FRESH IDEAS AND ENERGY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    From what I remember, and Gary Spain would probably have better recollections than I, Noel Hanley was secretary back then, as he still is today, a fella caled Jim McDonagh, a detective from Roxboro was involved in the running of the club as was the late Sergeant Mick Browne, who I think was chairman.It was around this time also that Mikey Kelly got involved with the club and Father Joe Young.
    Revenue at that time was generated by reasonably healthy gates, merchandise sales and a pretty profitable bar until that little arsonist bastrad got loose(I cant remember his name, but do remember he got off scott free).Billy Hamilton came on board shortly after that, and that season, 1993/4 I think, but am open to correction, was our best season in a long while, finishing 4th in the premier, just missing out on a place in Europe.We had some super players in that side; Ray O'Halloran, Johnny Mullane(one of the most underrated players ever to play for Limerick), Declan Hyde, Declan Daly, Marcus Tuite and Big Billy up front all brought great days in Rathbane.
    When the bar closed, revenue started to dwindle, and began to signal the end for us...its been downhill ever since.Noel O'Connor started a very successful youths programme up there that brought through a lot of the lads today like Derek McCarthy, Finny, Frankie Browne and a few others, but then even that went to pot when he left.
    As for who's 'running' the club now(more like running it into the ground), it has been well documented on this board and depresses me to talk about it. However, hope springs eternal, and maybe its true what they say about every cloud........but I doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

super blues

your jumping ahead of yourself there Billy Hamilton arrived at limerick just after the mid eightys he brought with him Brian Flynn.Best player for the Blues at that time and for a lot of years before that was Johnny (jabber) walsh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Ya Billy Hamilton was the late eighties. 1993/94 would have been the Fr. Joe Young era, not sure but I think Noel King/Ken De Mange/Howie King were around at that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    I think, but am open to correction,
    Sorry, but I did warn ye.........