Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Football Manager 2005 Help! (aka Championship Manager)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Football Manager 2005 Help! (aka Championship Manager)

Hello All,

I’m working on the new Championship Manager game at the moment. It’s now called Football Manager by the way; the first of the new games will be titled: “Football Manager 2005”.

Anyway, work is coming along nicely on it at the moment, all Irish senior competitions are in, along with (for the first time ever!) the Eircom League Select XI vs. The Daily Mirror League Select XI which will take place at Senior and U21 level every couple of years or so. The brand new ‘North-South’ Cup will also be in the game so it should be the most accurate version yet.

As usual I’m struggling for researchers to help me keep the data of the 22 EL teams accurate, and I’d appreciate a bit of help on it. It’s not actually that much work, if you are a fan of a particular team you’ll know all the info needed basically off the top of your head.

If anyone is interested in helping me out can they please contact me at darren_cm@hotmail.com for both email and MSN messenger? All 22 club researchers are welcome, especially the First Division clubs as it’s much harder to obtain good info on these smaller clubs.

Kind regards,

Darren Matthews.
    SI Irish Head Researcher.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi again,

I’d just to add tot the post above...

1. I’m currently trying to get my hands on the complete appearance and goal stats for both the Eircom league Season 02/03 and Season 2003 for all players and clubs. Is there anywhere this information is available in a handy format? There used to be a football yearbook/annual, but it’s not been printed for a while from what I know. I’d really appreciate this information

I have tried the Eircom League/FAI but they are PATETHIC and completely unhelpful, they just want to know how much I’ll pay for the info… sad but true.

2. The second thing I need is even more difficult to get hold of…

I am constructing an all time hall of fame for managers born in the Republic of Ireland, this module will then be added to the new game, which should be cool, as we can compare their success against managers from all over the world. So, I’ll basically need the names of every Irish manager who has won the league or the cup since 1921! Any stato’s out there that can point me towards this information?

Kind regards,

Darren Matthews.
    SI Irish Head Researcher.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you might find this page useful in your search for managers of winning teams.

http://www.rsssf.com/country.html
    Larne FC for Larne Town. Inver Park for the people.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Lamb,

I didn't see any Manager info in the site... can you point me to it? I'm looking for the names of the managers that won the competitions each year.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballManager
    1. I’m currently trying to get my hands on the complete appearance and goal stats for both the Eircom league Season 02/03 and Season 2003 for all players and clubs. Is there anywhere this information is available in a handy format? There used to be a football yearbook/annual, but it’s not been printed for a while from what I know. I’d really appreciate this
    Dundalk Stats:
    2002/03 Season
    2003 Season

Some stats are missing like it says A.Duffy (2) when it should say 1(5) you could look tho all of the match reports for the line up & do the math!
    Children in the dark cause accidents.
    Accidents in the dark cause children.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I can get you the UCD stats for last season (2003), not sure about the previous season (2002/3) though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo
    Dundalk Stats:
    2002/03 Season
    2003 Season

Some stats are missing like it says A.Duffy (2) when it should say 1(5) you could look tho all of the match reports for the line up & do the math!
    Eamo,

This is great... don't worry about the missing data, this is better than nothing, and hopefully I can enter the fully correct data if I get hold of the official figure sometime in the future...

As for manually counting up all the player stats and goals... been there and done that for the 99/00 and 01/02 season for all 22 clubs, a really long process

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    I can get you the UCD stats for last season (2003), not sure about the previous season (2002/3) though.
    Schumi.

Good man, I'd appreciate those 2003 stats, you can send them to darren_cm@hotmail.com cheers. As for the 02/03 season, I have the UCD stats there, though I don't know how complete they are.

I get the Premier Division clubs each year from the 'International Football Yearbook' it only lists Premier Division unfortunately... and to my mind it seems to chop off any players that might have made just one or two subs apps etc. I might be wrong though, but to be safe I'd appreciate it if you could dig up the 02/03 season.

Cheers again for the feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    http://www.soccerbot.com/fai/tables/irprem2004.htm

You should have results/scorers/cups and league standings for a few years in there. You probably have this already anyway...
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballManager
    Hi Lamb,

I didn't see any Manager info in the site... can you point me to it? I'm looking for the names of the managers that won the competitions each year.

Cheers.
    no mate, there wasn't any actual manager info there, but at least you can narrow your search down to certain years and certain clubs.
    Larne FC for Larne Town. Inver Park for the people.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    www.sligorovers.com and look in the archives and previous years results