Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cobh v Limerick 7th Aug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cobh v Limerick 7th Aug

What are yer chances here?
    The bookies (PaddyPower) make ye 7/2 to beat Ramblers, seems a good price to me.
    Apparently (in the Cobh forum) no-one can agree on whether Cobh played well or were just lucky to get a draw with UCD, while ye did OK to hold cup high fliers Kilkenny to a draw!!
    Any opinions much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eL Bettor
    What are yer chances here?
    The bookies (PaddyPower) make ye 7/2 to beat Ramblers, seems a good price to me.
    Apparently (in the Cobh forum) no-one can agree on whether Cobh played well or were just lucky to get a draw with UCD, while ye did OK to hold cup high fliers Kilkenny to a draw!!
    Any opinions much appreciated.
    7/2 seems good to me. I might spare a fiver on it.

We did very well against them in the Cup match down there with the bare 11 fit players. Came back from a goal down twice and they needed an equaliser three minutes from time. The replay in Limerick went to penalties. So I think the sides are very evenly matched. Much more so than 7/2 suggests. We have Brendan Hughes back in midfield apparently - don't know if Eoin keating will be available. If so it could give us an edge. At least it will give options in terms of being able to make changes.

On top of all that we have a good record down in Cobh. I think their draw against UCD was a better result than ours against Kilkenny. The most important thing though was to stop the losing streak. Maybe the worm is turning on our season.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

cheers

Thanks very much LFC for the opinion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

re

At long last we've waited for this for a while a home win next saturday now would be nice.I presume it was brendan hughes who came on as a sub?.Did there many go down and how did we play overall?.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    7/2 seems good to me. I might spare a fiver on it
    I hope you did LFCIE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great result. Jimmy saved us at least 4 times in the first half. He was outstanding. Cobh were the better team in the first. They simply pushed through the midfield, our weakest area, where only Hartnett played well.
    Rossi had a mare.

Defensively we were ok but overun from the middle of the park. Brendy was back and solid. We should put him in midfoeld when he is totally match fit to shore up the holes.

We were in control for the first 20mins until a very strange switch was made. Stephen and Rossi swapped wings and then Cobh took control.

Felt that we played much better in the second half and Hartnett got a peach of a goal...cue mad celebrations. Never seen anyone so delighted afterwards than Paul

With Keatso back on Sat midfield should be better and we wont concede as many goals.

All the best

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    rossi has had a very poor season so far. hope he improves for the remainder of the season he has the ability. keating will be a big addition heres hoping his influence will bring more out of hartnett and take us up the table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls
    rossi has had a very poor season so far. hope he improves for the remainder of the season he has the ability. keating will be a big addition heres hoping his influence will bring more out of hartnett and take us up the table
    From watching him Rossi seems to be really capable but tend snot to put the work in at times. Then again it is hard to motivate players when they know they are going to get a game no matter what happens (becaus ethere are only 11 players). I think a bit of competition will be great for the team and certain players.

I don't Rossi so maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick with him.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair