Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: World Cup: Has anybody bought tickets yet

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

World Cup: Has anybody bought tickets yet

I have bought 3 group game tickets for Frankfurt and I have also bout a team specific ticket for Ireland. Frankfurt is the most central city and transport from there is top class, meaning it's very easy to get to another venue by train!!!

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by teckno
    I have bought 3 group game tickets for Frankfurt and I have also bout a team specific ticket for Ireland. Frankfurt is the most central city and transport from there is top class, meaning it's very easy to get to another venue by train!!!

i will be buying them in the next purchase stage, when i get my student loan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pronane
    how do you buy tickets already??
    have u been hibernating? they were released about a month ago first of 3 batches, going to be a lottery type thing though! to be purchased only by a mastercard or bank transfer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pronane
    ya im like a bear im only begining to wake up.

no i know the lottery thing, but i thought that wasnt guaranteed and that isnt drawn till april.
    You're right, at this stage tickets have only been ordered but not actually purchased. the 1st stage of ordering ends 31st of March.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    to be purchased only by a mastercard or bank transfer

People seem to be getting put off by this, I'm not sure why other than I suppose the money will come out of your account that little bit quicker. However with all the current promotions on 0% transfers to credit cards etc.. this can be easily overcome.

Apply, tick the box for bank transfer and if you are succesful you can just transfer your overdraft balance to a 0% credit card and pay it off over x months!! You'll regret it if you don't

Junior encouraging Irish supporters everywhere in to more debt for the love of the beautiful game
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Or you can just let them bill it to your mastercard, and then take out a loan from the credit union to pay the mastercard off straight away. For those who have mastercards, I've been told using mastercard as your preferred choice of payment will give you a better chance in the lottery???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Or you can just let them bill it to your mastercard, and then take out a loan from the credit union to pay the mastercard off straight away. For those who have mastercards, I've been told using mastercard as your preferred choice of payment will give you a better chance in the lottery???
    I doubt it. I 'm gonna use visa anyway. Btw if you are lucky to be picked out are you charged straight away?

I was thinking of doing indiviual matches withone address, to include the opening game, final and a spread of cities.

I will do Ireland matches using another address and credit card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    as we are in the middle of phase one at the mo. will there be an individual lottery for phase one, phase two & phase three or will it just be one big lottery at the end...
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glapots
    I doubt it. I 'm gonna use visa anyway. Btw if you are lucky to be picked out are you charged straight away?

There is no point trying to pay with a visa, you will not be successful. Its a very simple process to verify whether it is a mastercard or visa, simply by looking at the numbers

In response to Galway Francis question, there will be a draw for each ticketing phase, so anyone who is unlucky this time round needs to get back in next time

Pete

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finn
    There is no point trying to pay with a visa, you will not be successful. Its a very simple process to verify whether it is a mastercard or visa, simply by looking at the numbers

In response to Galway Francis question, there will be a draw for each ticketing phase, so anyone who is unlucky this time round needs to get back in next time

Pete
    I hope your wrong finn cos I've already applied through my visa. Surely it doesn't matter what type of credit card you use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie
    I hope your wrong finn cos I've already applied through my visa. Surely it doesn't matter what type of credit card you use
    It has to be mastercard, thats all thats accecpted.. world cup is sponsered by mastercard.. sorry you should try and reapply because you won't get them on Visa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heres an extract from the fifaworldcup site

Fans have been able to order tickets via the internet since 1 February 2005 using a MasterCard. Those who do not hold the official credit card of the 2006 FIFA World CupTM, can order by bank transfer.

and here
    Last edited by Eire06; 24/03/2005 at 9:37 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lotto winner !!!

It looks as though I am one of the lucky one's

We are delighted to inform you that you have been allocated the following TST series in the draw for ticket sales phase 1 of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM), provided that the team you selected qualifies for the finals of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM):

Number 1, TST type TST-3, category 3, country Republic of Ireland, price (number x single price) 149,00 EUR

Total amount (excluding shipping charges) 149,00 EUR
    Shipping charges 18,00 EUR
    Invoice/ payment amount 167,00 EUR

If the TST series allocated to you does not match the TST type or price category specified in your application, the alternative options you selected were taken into account.

At the beginning of May 2005 you will receive an e-mail in which you will be requested to make the payment of 167,00 EUR (plus additional transfer costs from both the paying and receiving banks). The exact procedure for the bank transfer as well as the term of payment will also be described in this e-mail. Please take into account that in the event of late or incomplete payment, your reservation will be automatically cancelled.

This confirmation does not authorise you to attend the matches of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM). Admission is via original tickets only. Provided that your payment is successfully received and subsequent security checks are successful, the original tickets will be sent to you 6-8 weeks before the start of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM). Please ensure that the delivery address we have for you is up to date. You can make changes to your address free of charge on the Internet at https://customerservice.fwctc.com/cg...=wme&doc=start.

Kind regards,

Your 2006 FIFA World Cup (TM) Ticketing Center

We would like to refer you to points 8 and 11 of our Ticket General Terms & Conditions at http://www.FIFAworldcup.com/06/en/tickets/tac.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    well done, hasn't been many lucky winners though, check thread in ireland forum, #

any chance of merging these 2 threads

cheers