Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stephen Kenny parts company with Bohemian FC

see here...

http://www.bohemians.ie/news.htm

I bet The Rod is gutted he took the chf job now
    Last edited by Slash/ED; 28/07/2004 at 5:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. .

There goes one of the best managers in the league. Wonder who'll snap him up.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Europe

At least it shows that LOI clubs will no longer tolerate underperformance in europe which is progress.

Having said that i feel sorry for him as domestically i think he had done a good job and he seems like a decent man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He seems like a nice bloke alright but Bohs have been shocking at times this year and that European result was a shambles, the writing was on the wall from there.

I think, for the good of the league, I hope Bohs don't appoint one of the old EL managers like Rico or Kinger or something. Part of the problem with the EL is clubs constantly recycling the same managers. I'd like to see someone with experience from abroad come in even though I'm not a Bohs fan, it could improve the league as a whole to bring in some outside influences. I've heard Whelan and Aldridge mentioned, I think it'd be good for the league if one of those got the job, it could generate some interest if nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    If Peter Hutton doesn't want the Derry job he might consider that one. Roddy must be gutted tho

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shocking decison at this time of the season. I cant see them being able to replace him with anyone better right now. Surely the least he deserved was to last until the end of the season. They only signed a new striker. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the European result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaddyQuill
    Shocking decison at this time of the season. I cant see them being able to replace him with anyone better right now. Surely the least he deserved was to last until the end of the season. They only signed a new striker. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to the European result.
    Not a knee-jerk reaction, just the straw that broke the camal's back. His sacking has been coming for weeks, if not months so it's no surprise. We've been having a terrible season and being so far behind Shels just isn't acceptable with the money we're shelling out.

He lost the plot and his decision to play that overpaid waster Hawkins ahead of Oman last night sums up his management this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Fellow Longford fans will probably go mental with me for saying this but i have a feeling he could be back with us for next season. Alan Matthews' contract runs out at the end of this season and i personally think he'll go back to the day job as he has 4 young kids and i feel there must be a lot of pressure on him from home and work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Speaking of Roddy, i wouldnt be at all surprised if he actually rejoins Bohs and leaves Dublin City in the lurch ... I am sorry for Stephen, he's a decent chap, maybe a return to where he made his name next season might not be so far fetched?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PAURO 7
    Speaking of Roddy, i wouldnt be at all surprised if he actually rejoins Bohs and leaves Dublin City in the lurch ... I am sorry for Stephen, he's a decent chap, maybe a return to where he made his name next season might not be so far fetched?
    As I suggested above............

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Surprised Bohs sacked Kenny so soon. I would have given him til end of season. Still he was never gonna be manager of Bohs for next season.

With the financial outlay at Bohs & few players on big money Kenny just wasn't delivering the results.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i'd have mixed feelings about coming back, but i know one bohs player is happy to see the back of him. his brother who plays for ucd, nod nod, wink wink, was telling me that he is leaving the club at the end of the season as he isn't/wasn't happy with the manager at all and the way he was treating him.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    i'd have mixed feelings about coming back, but i know one bohs player is happy to see the back of him. his brother who plays for ucd, nod nod, wink wink, was telling me that he is leaving the club at the end of the season as he isn't/wasn't happy with the manager at all and the way he was treating him.
    He's not the only player who feels like that at the club, there was quite a number of the players in the same boat, most of them had lost all confidence in him. Only 8 league wins all season just isnt good enough for Bohs and going out in europe was the final nail on his coffin.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    there were rumours of that, he is the only one i actually here some news on.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Actually Alan's contract runs til the end of next season. But long term you're right there is a lot of pressure on him from the different areas of his life
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I liked Stephen but I'm afraid his time was up.

We haven't been performing at home all season and to hold Levadia to a draw away and then let them score three goals at home is not acceptable.

As Carlin pointed out above, to put Hawkins on over Oman was a terrible decision and the only reason he brought Stephen Ward on was after the pressure of the supporters’ non-stop chants begging him to. By the time he did the damage was done.

However, the decision to remove him was not based on one match.

I wish him the best of luck, I really do but as I said, it was time for him to go.