Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FAI seek Derry exemption

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Nope, Sportng Fingal began playing football in March 2008, and played in Europe in July 2010.

Holding company has to be operating for 3 years (have financial records for 3 years) apparently
    So what was Fingal's holding company that existed while the club didn't?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Maybe they were granted an exemption as they were a genuinely new club, as opposed to a 'new holding company but same club' club.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    The SF project had been developed for a couple of years before the club began play. Hence they had the trading records in place and all legal formalities passed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    From another ruling on the 3-year rule, UEFA states that "clubs are not allowed to change their legal form or structure in order to obtain a licence, simply by 'cleaning up' their balance sheet while offloading debts onto a new entity that might potentially go bankrupt – thus harming creditors (including employees and social/tax authorities) as well as threatening the integrity of sporting competition. Any such alteration of a club's legal form or structure is deemed to be an interruption to its membership of a UEFA member association and consequently three years must pass before a club can apply again for a UEFA licence."

The three-year rule seems to mainly cover clubs that change their structure (e.g. by dissolving an old company, and along with it the debts) rather than brand new clubs who essentially have a clean slate in terms of licensing.

If FAI/DCFC had proven that this was a brand new club, would they have stood a much better chance of getting a UEFA license?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    UEFA's decision suggests it is a new club, as far as I know. A club has to be in existence for three years before it can compete in European competition.
    Last edited by dcfc_1928; 22/02/2012 at 6:52 AM.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...312169043.html

So Bohs wrote to FAI and UEFA ? Bad form or just good sense ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Bad form I think, but at the end of the day the right decision was made so it should be left at that. The first game of the season between Bohs and Derry should be interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I think that they were right to write to UEFA. If Derry got in due to a bending of the rules then itt would have been Bohs loss. European football can help make a clubs season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    if Bohs get the spot it will be because they finished the highest placed team that meet the relevent criteria. The only thing the LOI has to "learn" is that some on here are incapable of leaving their anti Bohs bias out of any discussion.

Persoanlly I think if the FAI seek a deregation for Derry it will be granted - simply because EUFA dont really care who represents our league.

And if that is how it transpires best of luck to them in europe but I can understand the surprise/concern of some at the FAI advocating on behalf of a club they so recently expelled.
    Tell me are your players still getting paid as groundsmen and barmen, along with getting paid as footballers?

How many million do Bohs owe, and how long will they get away not paying what they owe?

Nothing to to do with anti Bohs, just looking for some answers, but don't expect any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    If Derry think Bohs shouldn't get a licence, send a similar letter and let UEFA decide

It won't change the fact you weren't eligible to receive one. Good to see the majority of Derry fans taking the ruling in the right manner.

Nothing wrong with them seeking an exception, nor Bohs looking to have the rule steadfastly implemented. Just doing what's best for their clubs

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    So Bohs wrote to FAI and UEFA ? Bad form or just good sense ?
    Looking after their own interests, just as Derry were doing in seeking an exemption when they knew they were in breach of the rules.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post
    Tell me are your players still getting paid as groundsmen and barmen, along with getting paid as footballers?

How many million do Bohs owe, and how long will they get away not paying what they owe?

Nothing to to do with anti Bohs, just looking for some answers, but don't expect any.
    If you believe Bohs are in breach of criteria for european football I have no doubt Derry City will object. Otherwise stop whinging (ironic you would raise players contracts given Derry Citys recent history )

Bohs did not introduce the criteria nor did they exclude Derry City so spare us the martyrdom complex, unfortunately typical of many LOI fans to blame other clubs for their inadequacies.

Someone, somewhere must find a way to blame "Pat the Rat" for all this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Someone, somewhere must find a way to blame "Pat the Rat" for all this
    No need to find a way to blame him. He is already assumed to be the source of all evil in the LOI.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post

1. They never have been and they aren't.

2. Many millions owed with a repayment plan in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I think Bohs were perfectly within their rights to ask UEFA to uphold the rules while their own football association were going to bat for a club that didn't fulfill the criteria.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    If we were in Bohs situation, i'd fully expect us to do the same thing. Rules are rules, take yer oil as we like to say

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    If we were in Bohs situation, i'd fully expect us to do the same thing. Rules are rules, take yer oil as we like to say
    I would suspect that the above would be the view of most Derry fans. Derry deserved it on the football field but were rightly denied a place due to the tax shenanigans which led to the club folding/re-structuring
    I am a Bohs member and there was no great clamour for the club to state the bleeding obvious to UEFA, but I am glad that they decided to do it without hype or publicity. Embarrassing that our national association further undermined its credibility by looking for UEFA to "bend" the rules
    As for the Derry Board, the comments about Bohs are consistent with the usual default mode of Boards of Football clubs in trying to deflect from their own failures by blaming everyone else, I doubt that sensible Derry fans will be taken in by their chairmans guff.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    I would suspect that the above would be the view of most Derry fans. Derry deserved it on the football field but were rightly denied a place due to the tax shenanigans which led to the club folding/re-structuring
    I am a Bohs member and there was no great clamour for the club to state the bleeding obvious to UEFA, but I am glad that they decided to do it without hype or publicity. Embarrassing that our national association further undermined its credibility by looking for UEFA to "bend" the rules
    As for the Derry Board, the comments about Bohs are consistent with the usual default mode of Boards of Football clubs in trying to deflect from their own failures by blaming everyone else, I doubt that sensible Derry fans will be taken in by their chairmans guff.
    Correct. Most of us were aware it was likely we wouldn't get in. Disappointing mostly for the players but rules are rules

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't know why anyone would blame Bohs for asking the question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    i have to say this has been a pretty great week to be a Bohs fan. TBWRA.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Sounds like Derry got the silver lining any LOI club would like, a big money government grant. Could do wonders for the league.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast