Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ahhh ..... Why no Cobh or Tralee ??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    you sound a bit bitter - clearly you support or are involved with a different Kerry team than Dynamos - what is wrong with Dynamos trying to make the step up, so it failed, big deal - they should pick themselves up again and prepare for a second bite at the cherry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrysock View Post
    No agenda here at all, just saying it what everyone I know is thinking on the ground in kerry at the moment. I am all for a kerry team in the LOI but I just think dynamos going alone is not going to work.
    Lots of people posting here seem to be posting blindly without checking in with reality!
    So what are you proposing?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Kerry District League were in the old u21 league for years and never looked like having an ambition to field a senior team in the LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Kerry District League were in the old u21 league for years and never looked like having an ambition to field a senior team in the LOI.
    Even though they were a handy enough U21 side at the time. Its a pity it didn't happen .... but just wondering is this what Kerrysock is getting at? Does he think there is a possiblity of it happening?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    On the one hand Tralee may have a small support base (and judging them on A League crowds is probably harsh, it's low profile even compared to division 1) but a new entity somehow representing Kerry football would probably have even less. The Kildare County model didn't work, and even with huge investment Sporting Fingal were not exactly packing them in either.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    It's not like most First Division clubs have bumper crowds anyway. If they drew even 150 people they'd have as many as a lot of clubs have had at times over the years and could build from there.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    It would be easy to turn Kerrysock's question on its head, and ask why the KDL never looked at entering the A Championship, at a time when doing so would have kept Tralee in the fold. All they needed to do was follow the lead of Carlow soccer and set up a club, called say Kerry County FC for want of a better title, and the likelihood is they'd have won promotion on merit. So he should be criticising the KDL, and perhaps the clubs involved, rather than blaming Dynamos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    So what are you proposing?
    A kerry team supported by the KDL (if possible) and if not a few of the bigger clubs in Kerry shopuld get together and support the formation of this new entity by themselves. This would do the following:

1. Increase support base

2. Increase financial status

3. Increase player catchment i.e. the best Kerry players will end up playing LOI

4. Increase unity

5. Create a natural structure for good young players to graduate up to LOI if they are good enough

Im not trying to condemn Dynamos in any way whatsoever, I just think there is a better way to get Kerry players involved in the LOI! Dynamos have done great service to Kerry soccer. I just don't like how the club has isolated themselves on this, I feel co-operation between KDL and/or other clubs is the best way to go about getting a Kerry team into the LOI.

Anytime I mention my thoughts on this I get accused of having a personal vendetta against Dynamos. I think Dynamos are a great club and have done massive service to the Kerry public.Im a neutral. I have no affiliation to any KDL club, just giving my opinion which is what the spirit of these forums are supposed to be all about!

I really think Dynamos going out on their own is damaging the club long term, purely just from a financial perspective. The idea of having a LOI team is absolutely right, just don't think going out on their own is the way to go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    where would your mythical Kerry team be based and where would it draw its support from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    where would your mythical Kerry team be based and where would it draw its support from
    Play home matches in Mounthawk park tralee where the Kerry u21s and oscar traynor team played. Would be a well supported team in my view...u21 games were well supported so I cant see why a senior team in the LOI wouldnt be supported!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Mounthawk Park, home of Tralee Dynamos you mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Mounthawk Park, home of Tralee Dynamos you mean?
    No, Mounthawk park is a pitch right next to Dynamos pitch but owned by the KDL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    So...technically it's another junior pitch that doesn't meet LOI requirements?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    So...technically it's another junior pitch that doesn't meet LOI requirements?
    Correct!, I dont think the LOI requirements are quite high to be fair however, this is not the premier league we are talking about.

Dynamos got a first division license (but did not get submitted into the league) where the pitch has no seated stands. The standard cant be that high!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    By league requirements teams in the first division are meant to have 500 seats or something I believe or at least plans in place to have 500 seats (ala Markets Field plans, Harps new stadium)

Not sure how Salthill and Mervue got away with it, but one can only assume they had some sort of plans submitted to the FAI to develop their grounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    By league requirements teams in the first division are meant to have 500 seats or something I believe or at least plans in place to have 500 seats (ala Markets Field plans, Harps new stadium)

Not sure how Salthill and Mervue got away with it, but one can only assume they had some sort of plans submitted to the FAI to develop their grounds.
    Mervue have a playground behind one goal. The process was pretty much a formality once free access to that for the licensing committee was on the table.
    Last edited by born2bwild; 14/02/2012 at 11:10 PM.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrysock View Post
    Correct!, I dont think the LOI requirements are quite high to be fair however, this is not the premier league we are talking about.

Dynamos got a first division license (but did not get submitted into the league) where the pitch has no seated stands. The standard cant be that high!

They are the only team in LOI to know what licence they have got so.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    They are the only team in LOI to know what licence they have got so.
    Apologies, I was completely wrong there. They did not get awarded a license!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123