Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Joey Barton

Just thought this deserved a new post as normally I welcome any possible recruits, but thank God this idiot isn't interested nor should he ever be asked to join us.

http://greenscene.me/2012/01/joey-ba...reland-switch/

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I respect him for what he's said. He's English, not Irish, and won't play for us just because he's not good enough to play for England. Nothing against the Irish, he says. I agree with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Something Joey Barton will never do.

Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I didn't hear the radio show, but, judging by the GS piece, it sounds like Barton completely misinterpreted Holland's comments. Holland appears to have been accusing referees of allowing their perception of players like Barton - he just happened to be used as an example of a player with a suspect reputation - to cloud the judgment of their actions on the pitch. If anything, I think he was defending Barton against his reputation.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I was listening to the show at the time and Matt Holland said nothing to provoke Barton. Barton called him a sad little man and when told Matt kept his dignity like the class act that he is! Thank God Joey Barton wants nothing to do with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    It's funny how, earlier in the year, the English media and Barton were keen to dress him up as a reformed type of character, who now reads philosophy and has mellowed somewhat.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Joey Barton = everything that is wrong with modern football.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    It's funny how, earlier in the year, the English media and Barton were keen to dress him up as a reformed type of character, who now reads philosophy and has mellowed somewhat.
    ...and listens to Echo and the Bunnymen -therfore MUST be more generally cerebral than your average scouse thug turned pro
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

11. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Just thought this deserved a new post as normally I welcome any possible recruits, but thank God this idiot isn't interested nor should he ever be asked to join us.

http://greenscene.me/2012/01/joey-ba...reland-switch/
    His rant sounds like a few posters on here at times.

Ha! And like a few posters on here at times, he's taking an internet sabattical...

"Right am off, might have a little sabbatical from twitter for a while. Boring the tits off me now."

http://twitter.com/joey7barton
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 11/01/2012 at 11:49 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Joey Barton = everything that is wrong with modern football.
    I doubt if modern football has made the slightest influence on Joey Barton's personality.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    ...and listens to Echo and the Bunnymen -therfore MUST be more generally cerebral than your average scouse thug turned pro
    If only Joey Barton had of gone to college and got his pseudo-intellectual period out of the way instead of inflicting it on the public.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Joey Barton is an odious human payload who in Twitter, has found himself the ideal delivery method and now strikes with impunity. There are no fourth officials on Twitter. Matt Holland may initially seem unlikely subject matter but there are an infinite number of possible tweets and a great number can be realised before the writer's tits begin to suffer tedium burn.

Although if lines such as "Sh*t players talking sh*t" are examples of intentional self-parody, he may actually be a genius. It's a fine line.

18. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    As a player, I think he could inject some potency to our midfield.

Totally academic point though.

The guy is a total hypocrite - going balistic on Twitter about the harshness of his red card versus Norwich when he did exactly the same thing himself against Gervinho.

Speaking of hypocrisy, didn't Mancini go around like a madman waving an imaginary red card recently (or am I the madman?) and now he's giving out about Rooney doing the same?

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    The guy is a total hypocrite - going balistic on Twitter about the harshness of his red card versus Norwich when he did exactly the same thing himself against Gervinho.

Speaking of hypocrisy, didn't Mancini go around like a madman waving an imaginary red card recently (or am I the madman?) and now he's giving out about Rooney doing the same?
    correct on both counts. What Barton did with Gervinho was far worse than what happened to Barton himself.

Have seen Mancini wave cards on a few occasions. Why do journos not tackle managers at press conferences when they spout off like Mancini did about rooney the other day?

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    The more I think about it, and I know it's all very "conspiracy theory"-esque, I think the EPL has no interest whatsoever in respect, discipline, sportsmanship or anything like that. Any publicity is good publicity is their thinking and the more it's on the back pages the better. They see themselves as a slighly more sophisticated version of WWE.

24. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts

http://lfc.im/9k
    T
    ake a listen to that. Fair play to Gerrard pulling a manager up on blatant hypocrisy.

Sigh of relief that Barton is never going to win an international cap for any country again. His point makes a bit of sense and maybe it's totally pragmatic but it's steeped in an ignorance towards his own roots and heritage which sums him us a man. Perhaps he could treat his Irish ancestors with ambivalence in the same way he should (and may already) treat his horrible half-brother.

The reform point is so laughable. Couple Barton's comments against a model pro like Matt Holland with the beating he handed out to someone in brutal fashion on the streets of Liverpool prior to this whole discussion and it's fairly clear to see the essence of the true character of Joey Barton.

The whole aura he created with his Morrissey-like hairdo and passion for literature and Echo & The Bunnymen is clearly facetious, as exemplified by how he went off on one against Holland, without having even managed to comprehend that Holland was not even airing his own opinion, merely interpreting how refs have behaved towards Barton. Talk about speaking before thinking, clearly the thinking part was too much for Joey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The more I think about it, and I know it's all very "conspiracy theory"-esque, I think the EPL has no interest whatsoever in respect, discipline, sportsmanship or anything like that. Any publicity is good publicity is their thinking and the more it's on the back pages the better. They see themselves as a slighly more sophisticated version of WWE.
    I started thinking of teh WWE parallel when I heard the row between Gerrard and Mancini.

Christ on a bike the EPL is a load of gash sometimes.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    That's pretty much it!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!
    He's correct isn't he? Lets not pretend that this hasn't happened.

Can I just say u could substitute the word "irish" in my nationality statements with any of the home countries. Nothing against the irish...
    I'd take more offence from that.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Technically, he doesn't say Ireland is one of the Home Countries there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast