Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 First Division structure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Well those of us who have had the heart ripped out of our clubs either faded off into the ether (Kildare County, Spingal [Lamper, The Lep]), changed club (Spingal [b2bw]), enjoyed a brief sojourn in the Discover Ireland League (Derry, Cork, Shams fans), managed to pull through to an extent (Drogs, Bray) or endured the interminable misery of 5 seasons in the first division (Shels fans).
    And that's not to mention the clubs in precarious positions (Bohs, Pats, Harps) and the lamented Kilkenny City.

I'd say there's a fair few of us who know exactly what it's like.
    If you call what treatment Cork, Derry and Rovers received 'punishment', then they need to re-define that word in the dictionary. Cork promoted after 2 years, Derry & Rovers after 1.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    you forget that what you are going through right now is exactly what City went through 2 years ago - we were fighting tooth and nail to find any way to keep our club afloat

i still remember how it felt when i heard CCIFL wasn't getting a license

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    you forget that what you are going through right now is exactly what City went through 2 years ago - we were fighting tooth and nail to find any way to keep our club afloat

Yes but the licence for Foras wasn't thrown out, ours has.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Yes but the licence for Foras wasn't thrown out, ours has.

Ye spent a lot of time moaning about 3 teams from Galway being a joke then ye put a licence application in late what were ye expecting would happen?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post

The FORAS situation is similar is a few ways but completely different in others. FORAS were given an opportunity to keep their club alive. GUST weren't. FAI wouldnt even look at the application, citing the application having been 8 days late as the crime GUST committed. This could have been used against you and Derry, but it wasn't.

Disgusting.

Edit: I'm not having a go at Cork or Derry either, I'm delighted for the fans of Cork City and good luck to them.
    Last edited by gufcfan; 21/01/2012 at 4:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Ye spent a lot of time moaning about 3 teams from Galway being a joke then ye put a licence application in late what were ye expecting would happen?
    Look, as I've said before, the FAI have shifted the goalposts. If other clubs had been accommodated then I don't see why GUST should be ignored. If the FAI see Salthill and Mervue as the flagship teams from Galway and as the way forward, then that's fine.

All GUST wanted was the chance to continue the long tradition of Galway Utd. Unlike Foras, GUST had experience of running a club for a season and a half. €107,000 raised through fundraisers last year alone to keep the show on the road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    The FORAS situation is similar is a few ways but completely different in others. FORAS were given an opportunity to keep their club alive. GUST weren't. FAI wouldnt even look at the application, citing the application having been 8 days late as the crime GUST committed. This could have been used against you and Derry, but it wasn't.
    no it couldnt, not against us. our application was in well before the deadline - we always knew that dealing with TNB would be difficult and that it was unlikely the FAI would give him a license so we submitted a back up application and told the FAI we only wanted to be considered if CCIFL didn't get a license

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Look, as I've said before, the FAI have shifted the goalposts. If other clubs had been accommodated then I don't see why GUST should be ignored. If the FAI see Salthill and Mervue as the flagship teams from Galway and as the way forward, then that's fine.

All GUST wanted was the chance to continue the long tradition of Galway Utd. Unlike Foras, GUST had experience of running a club for a season and a half. €107,000 raised through fundraisers last year alone to keep the show on the road.
    The Trust keep bringing up this 107k raised which is great but how much of a debt did they run up last year? Ive heard it was big enough.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

well wait the year then.........cause a merger is doomed for all parties imho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    well wait the year then.........cause a merger is doomed for all parties imho
    If it meant we'd get in for 2013, I'd happily do so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    If you call what treatment Cork, Derry and Rovers received 'punishment', then they need to re-define that word in the dictionary. Cork promoted after 2 years, Derry & Rovers after 1.
    I don't remember where I was concerned with or mentioned punishment.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

well

Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    The Trust keep bringing up this 107k raised which is great but how much of a debt did they run up last year? Ive heard it was big enough.

. The 107k extra was put in to ensure the club fulfilled its fixtures and came from Maroon army, Table quizzes, golf classics, concerts and lotto. Galway United FC Ltd owes the 34k left over at the end of the year not GUST .
    GUST have said if allowed to participate in the licence process for 2012 it would clear that 34k by selling season tickets I cant blame the powers that be, or other local clubs it was the club that went rotten but GUST aint going away
    Last edited by geezer; 21/01/2012 at 8:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

People should have never been accommodated if they were i know Cork were not and im not sure with Derry.

Id have a bigger problem if they continued to ignore rules and deadlines to suit teams then what is the point in having them? Its unfortunate for ye that it has happened but it can only be a good thing for the league if the FAI finally start sticking to these deadlines and rules. This thing with fixtures and teams being announced in February is ridiculous and it could be helped by people actually being forced to stick to the deadlines.

To say that they moved deadlines for others is no excuse, to keep questioning the FAI on 3 teams in Galway being allowed and then putting an application in late is ridiculously stupid are ye new to this league that ye didnt understand what would happen if ye crossed the FAI? As soon as ye annoyed them they were gonna look for a chance to screw ye giving the application in late gave them an excuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Weren't the FAI accommodating of Limerick 37 years back? From the bits I've been reading and being very well a complete outsider on everything regards Galway and all that's gone on, I think the best option seems to be linking up with Salthill. SD Galway United, mentioned in some article being along the lines of PSG, seems a good move. Of Salthill and Mervue, Salthill would seem to possibly have more to gain. However it goes, I hope it works out.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Weren't the FAI accommodating of Limerick 37 years back? From the bits I've been reading and being very well a complete outsider on everything regards Galway and all that's gone on, I think the best option seems to be linking up with Salthill. SD Galway United, mentioned in some article being along the lines of PSG, seems a good move. Of Salthill and Mervue, Salthill would seem to possibly have more to gain. However it goes, I hope it works out.
    Being honest i cant remember if we missed deadlines or not and if we didnt meet deadlines then we would fall into what i said about no-one should be accommodated. I cant see the point in having deadlines if people can just miss them and have no penalty.

Thats not even the main point of what i was saying though im talking about the fact that Galway were on the FAIs case about having 3 teams in Galway and then handed them a perfect opportunity to punish them for it....Most people involved in LOI know that the FAI are a bitter bunch after Limerick had annoyed them i know that we have to be very careful to make sure everything with our applications are perfect so they cant screw us....Im sure if we ha gave an application in late we would have been denied.

Anyone know why the application from Galway was late btw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    . The 107k extra............... came from Maroon army, Table quizzes, golf classics, concerts and lotto.
    I've asked three or four times now but somebody, anybody, who knows what they are talking about, come on and break this down roughly for me. That's a very, very, impressive figure, I know people who'd be interested in discussing it further......

On the licence, I'm certain there's no Galway fans actually clueless enough to genuinely believe the eight days is the reason. An excuse yes, but the reason?? Yawn tbh....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I've asked three or four times now but somebody, anybody, who knows what they are talking about, come on and break this down roughly for me. That's a very, very, impressive figure, I know people who'd be interested in discussing it further......

On the licence, I'm certain there's no Galway fans actually clueless enough to genuinely believe the eight days is the reason. An excuse yes, but the reason?? Yawn tbh....

well there was the items above, i remember one individual who gave over 900 euro at the mons replay in monaghan, a number of 18 individuals many from the mgmt committee put in 4 figure sums oh and i forgot the flag day. It was presented at the agm of GUST and its members in monroes

also its becoming clear that the 8 day is a bit of a any old excuse will keep them lads quiet, You seem to be getting to the nub of the issue there now alright

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Sexual diseases Galway or Galway S & M are a bit dodgy really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    If rumours are to be believed, i was told at a training course on Friday that the first division will consist of only 8 teams for the 2012 season? In 2013 the premier league will be a 16 team league(no relegation and top 4 teams from the first division promoted) with the first division being replaced by local senior leagues (MSL, LSL, USL and an all new CSL). The winners of these leagues will all go into a 4 team playoff with the winners replacing the relegated team from the premier league.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If rumours are to be believed, i was told at a training course on Friday that the first division will consist of only 8 teams for the 2012 season? In 2013 the premier league will be a 16 team league(no relegation and top 4 teams from the first division promoted) with the first division being replaced by local senior leagues (MSL, LSL, USL and an all new CSL). The winners of these leagues will all go into a 4 team playoff with the winners replacing the relegated team from the premier league.
    But as of now, there only are 8 teams in the First Division, so there would have been no point inviting the others into the licensing process? Also, can't imagine teams being prepared to drop into the junior and intermediate leagues.

23. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast