Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Pilkington M Fleetwood Twn b.1988

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    Is there a No Thanks button for these remarks?
    Click the star to the right of the Thanks button and hit I disapprove...can even leave a comment (though its not public)
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Maybe I can get your autograph some time. The guy who is actually more Irish than the rest of us.

Catch yourself on my friend. Would Anthony Pilkington be playing for Ireland if he didn't have an Irish passport? He's no different than scores of others like Andy Townsend, Mick McCarthy, Ray Houghton etc. You shouted your 'Would rather Irish people playing for Ireland' slogan loud and clear back then, didn't you?

Pilkington is the son of Irish emigrants. Do you want me to get started on that whole emigration history lesson which is to Ireland like green is to grass.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    [QUOTE=Murfinator;1547217]Would rather Irish people playing for Ireland.[/QUOTE

Maybe I can get your autograph some time. The guy who is actually more Irish than the rest of us.

Catch yourself on my friend. Would Anthony Pilkington be playing for Ireland if he didn't have an Irish passport? He's no different than scores of others like Andy Townsend, Mick McCarthy, Ray Houghton etc. You shouted your 'Would rather Irish people playing for Ireland' slogan loud and clear back then, didn't you?

Pilkington is the son of Irish emigrants. Do you want me to get started on that whole emigration history lesson which is to Ireland like green is to grass.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8qKF0pr8o

He sounds very Irish, wexford accent is it?

He received a call-up to the Republic of Ireland under-21 squad in October 2008; not knowing he was eligible to play for Republic of Ireland national sides until a scout enquired of his availability. He qualifies through his paternal grandmother from Dublin but has not yet declared his national side
    Also showing great national pride there, if that report is correct he didn't possess an Irish passport and was even unaware he was eligible until he received inquiries. Also he has not declared his national side yet which if true again doesn't show him as a very committed Irish man.

Do we really want people like this? Again? More Irish than the rest of us, are you insane or just taking the ****? Show some pride in your country, that's a disgraceful comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    By all accounts, Pilks is a top lad, hard-working, honest and level headed. If he decides to throw his lot in with us I'd have him in a heartbeat, he'll give it his all. He's not your average EPL primadonna, he's got there the hard way, playing for Stockport and Huddersfield. I like lads like that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8qKF0pr8o

He sounds very Irish, wexford accent is it?

Also showing great national pride there, if that report is correct he didn't possess an Irish passport and was even unaware he was eligible until he received inquiries. Also he has not declared his national side yet which if true again doesn't show him as a very committed Irish man.

Do we really want people like this? Again? More Irish than the rest of us, are you insane or just taking the ****? Show some pride in your country, that's a disgraceful comment.
    Show some pride in your country? A disgraceful comment?

So let me get something straight. Let's take three Irishmen as an example. Let's take Ronnie Whelan, Denis Irwin and Niall Quinn. All three have young sons (at least I think all three do, but you get my point) and all three were born in England and reside there. The time comes for one or all of them to play international football and they decide to opt for Ireland........ you know that country where their father came from.

You sir would deny them the opportunity because they were, like Anthony Pilkington, born in a different country? And don't split hairs between grandparents and parents - they have the Irish lineage and that's all that matters. And that's my point about the passport. He will have one pretty soon if the FAI and Trap so desire. At that point Anthony be an Irish passport holder like you or me.

And at the same time of questioning / denying Pilkington's right to play for Ireland, you will, I take it, allow some refugee into Ireland, from some far flung country, who has little or no Irish heritage, the chance to play for the Boys in Green. Yeah, I guess you have it all figured out. But then what would I know, you are the one who is pure Irish, purer than the rest of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post

So let me get something straight. Let's take three Irishmen as an example. Let's take Ronnie Whelan, Denis Irwin and Niall Quinn. All three have young sons (at least I think all three do, but you get my point) and all three were born in England and reside there. The time comes for one or all of them to play international football and they decide to opt for Ireland........ you know that country where their father came from.

You sir would deny them the opportunity because they were, like Anthony Pilkington, born in a different country? And don't split hairs between grandparents and parents - they have the Irish lineage and that's all that matters. And that's my point about the passport. He will have one pretty soon if the FAI and Trap so desire. At that point Anthony be an Irish passport holder like you or me.

And at the same time of questioning / denying Pilkington's right to play for Ireland, you will, I take it, allow some refugee into Ireland, from some far flung country, who has little or no Irish heritage, the chance to play for the Boys in Green. Yeah, I guess you have it all figured out. But then what would I know, you are the one who is pure Irish, purer than the rest of us.
    Why on earth would you bother replying in such detail to Murfinator? Himself and Colbert Report should have their own separate sub-forum, far away from everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post

Mark, I appreciate that you have gone through there to make your point and 100% agree with you but there's a more succinct answer to Murf's rambling...

Mr Kevin Daniel Kilbane
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Mark, I appreciate that you have gone through there to make your point and 100% agree with you but there's a more succinct answer to Murf's rambling...

Mr Kevin Daniel Kilbane
    Very well put BonnieShels. Couldn't have said it better meself.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Why on earth would you bother replying in such detail to Murfinator? Himself and Colbert Report should have their own separate sub-forum, far away from everyone else.
    I should have known better

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    Nice to see a club manager talking about international football in a positive manner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Lambert is a class act. Not surprising really.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    It's an insult to even compare Kilbane to an indecisive englishman tempting himself with International football. Kilbane commited himself to Ireland at 19, there was never a shadow of doubt in his mind what he wanted to do or who he wanted to play for. If you think the issue here is his country of birth you're absolutely wrong. The issue is the shaky commitment and unclear intentions, he's 23 for god sake he's had more than enough time to stake his national colours at this stage.

Very selective to name Kilbane as well, if only that was a typical example of commitment from a foreign born player in Irish colours. How about Andy O'Brien, Paddy Kenny or Marc Wilson. Not want to talk about any of those hmm? The many years of fence sitting from O'Hara, Nolan or the chancer attempts from Pennant? I suppose you'd call him Irish if he threw on a green shirt too would you?
    Last edited by Murfinator; 30/10/2011 at 7:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Very selective to name Kilbane as well, if only that was a typical example of commitment from a foreign born player in Irish colours. How about Andy O'Brien, Paddy Kenny or Marc Wilson.
    Now that's an insult.
    Last edited by Predator; 30/10/2011 at 7:55 PM.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

17. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Agreed, Marc Wilson has as much right to call himself Irish as anyone in the Republic.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Maybe if he turns up when requested by Trapattoni once in a while I'd call him by more endearing terms. He's as Irish as Stephen Ireland, lets put it that way.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    He'd fit in well. I hear he likes a night on the tiles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    He'd fit in well. I hear he likes a night on the tiles.
    Wordfeud?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    A night on the tiles.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Wordfeud?
    I thought everyone knew these guys

http://pilkingtons.com/

Word Feud was new to me actually. Is it not just Scrabble for iPhones?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast