Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Dundalk FC up for grabs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    McCaffrey has it with Darius as no.2 apparently.
    Announced this afternoon,, some signings being announced at the meet and greet/ press conference tonight too. All we need is a team now that'll play for a bag of tayto and a can of fanta.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/mccaffrey-c...as-new-manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    very good and positive appointment from Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Next years budget wont be anything like the 8 or 9k that Foster completely wasted coming 4th last, but it will be competitive.

In saying that, it will be interesting to see who follows Hawkins as 'new' signings for 2012.

If he can manage to tie down Griffen, and recruit another decent striker to play alongside him, we might not be too bad after the loss of Quigley, Byrne doesnt register as he was finished after the Setanta Cup final.

I'm happy enough with this appointment of McCaffrey, its a nice change from the usual suspects in LOI scene. Maybe its just what we need as we re-build.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Next years budget wont be anything like the 8 or 9k that Foster completely wasted coming 4th last, but it will be competitive.

In saying that, it will be interesting to see who follows Hawkins as 'new' signings for 2012.

If he can manage to tie down Griffen, and recruit another decent striker to play alongside him, we might not be too bad after the loss of Quigley, Byrne doesnt register as he was finished after the Setanta Cup final.

I'm happy enough with this appointment of McCaffrey, its a nice change from the usual suspects in LOI scene. Maybe its just what we need as we re-build.
    you'd be suprised how a new manager can affect a player, McCaffrey might be able to getthe best out of him. O'Neill worked wonders with Dessie Baker when we all thought he was finished, his first season in Tallaght was up there up there with his best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/interview-m...g-term-project

New Dundalk FC manager Seán McCaffrey has eyed a “long-term project” at Oriel Park, after he was confirmed as Ian Foster’s successor on Friday afternoon.

The 52-year-old has signed a one-year contract with the Lilywhites, but he has spoken of his desire to develop a “sustainable model” for the club.

“I see it as a long-term project,” McCaffrey told dundalkfc.com. “Teams come and go and managers come and go. If you look at what Alex Ferguson did at Manchester United or Wenger at Arsenal – they built a club.
    “They have a situation where they buy good players and they produce good players, so it’s a mixture of both, and the structure from scouting 12-year-olds right through to scouting top international players is in place in both those clubs.

“That’s the only type of a model that is sustainable. And League of Ireland football has always struggled because there hasn’t been an appropriate model that is sustainable for the finances around the league and for the long-term.

“That’s what we’re going to try to do. Money will build you a team and it could maybe build you a club, but you need to put the structures in place.

“Everything needs to be right, instead of this situation in League of Ireland football where the manager goes and the whole team goes, and the whole thing starts all over again.

“It’s just not sustainable and it’s not the sensible approach.

“I’m absolutely delighted to be here. It’s a club, when I was a teenager growing up, where we went to watch League of Ireland matches. We would go to watch European games, like against Liverpool and Celtic.

“I remember as a 14-year-old getting into the dressing room. There was a priest called John McElroy, a Celtic fan who lived in Glasgow, and he got us into the dressing room and we met Bobby Lennox and Kenny Dalglish and all those guys.

“I remember all the great Dundalk teams under Jim McLaughlin. It was a fantastic club. I remember all the top players – Tommy McConville, Paddy Dunning, Pop Flanagan obviously, a Monaghan man, Jimmy Dainty, Cathal Muckian – I could write a book on it.

“I’m delighted to get it. I think it’s a club with a fantastic fan base and huge potential. It’s a huge football town. The Dundalk Schoolboys’ League is on your doorstep, and I know a lot of people involved in it – Gerry Gover and Larry Gorham.

“There are a lot of very good clubs around Dundalk, so I know the potential there. I capped a few young Dundalk players through the years, and I’d know the history of it well.

“There’s a huge challenge with the job. There’s a fairly small budget but, having said that, Gerry Matthews has spent a fortune on the club and the Youth Development Centre is a fabulous facility.

“You can’t spend it at both ends so we have to put up with a small budget for a couple of seasons and manage it as best as we can.

“But, first and foremost, you have the club there and you have the fan base there, and since Gerry has come in, you have a great facility as well as the stadium itself.”

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Anyone else getting popcorn for this car crash in the making? So much double speak in one interview that it's scary. I like McCaffrey, he's a decent coach for young lads, but Dundalk isn't UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    I will give him a chance before judging him. Atleast it's not Gormley

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Anyone else getting popcorn for this car crash in the making? So much double speak in one interview that it's scary. I like McCaffrey, he's a decent coach for young lads, but Dundalk isn't UCD.
    you might make some use of the youth development centre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by askmehoop View Post
    you might make some use of Gerry's entertainment centre
    Fixed

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Dunny, with the yahoo's running the place would Alex Ferguson get a fair crack of the whip?

Askmehoop - don't go there sister, in any sense!!!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    does anyone know what year did SMC last manage in the loi? Its a hell of a long time to be away from the scene and I think he could be found out at this level!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Spud, we've already had the car crash and been brought to A & E, this is the defib!

Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    does anyone know what year did SMC last manage in the loi? Its a hell of a long time to be away from the scene and I think he could be found out at this level!
    Could be wrong but far as I know last loi club he managed would have been the Mons when they first came into the league! That's a bit of a misnomer though as along with being in charge of the national youths he is/ was one of the FAI regional development fella's. He may not have been in the domestic managerial merry go round but don't let that fool you into thinking he doesn't know much about the domestic game, he's kept well up on the league over the years. I'm happy with the appointment, much rather himself than one of the same 5 heads that are up for every job every winter on the merry go round.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Delighted for Sean, an absolute gentleman and a great coach. Pity, I'll want them to do well now (was eased in to it last year when I got used to wanting them to beat Drogheda)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Dunny, with the yahoo's running the place would Alex Ferguson get a fair crack of the whip?

Askmehoop - don't go there sister, in any sense!!!
    Ahh look,SPUD dosn't know what ring to throw his coat on? if you sit on that fence any longer Spud you will get splinters up your hole !! Enjoy lad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910