Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundalk FC up for grabs!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Why would the consortium bid not have been a runner? Because they were asking too many questions or because they were going to cut out the Trust (I don't know what the relation between to two was/is)? Also what happened to the UK consortium? While I admire what the Trust can offer, they won't have the financial muscle to make Dundalk challenge for European places. Right now it looks like the Trust are throwing in their lot with GM, which will only end in tears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Without Trust involvement any private owner would have to prove long term (ie 99 years) benefit to Oriel Park. With Trust involvement there may be a little more lattitude in relation to the terms of the current lease. The consortium were not cutting out the Trust as they recognised the essential role that is and will be played; GM currently has a similar opinion. As for asking too many questions - well no more than had been asked over the last while by your average supporter. Get your hands on the Dundalk Demo this week and read for yourself the contrasting points of view. I'd be interested in hearing about the English interest too - maybe with your contacts Spud you could do a bit of digging! Once again it must be stressed that the Trust will only involve itself with any owner or investor on its own terms!! There is no simply throwing their lot with in with anyone as you put it. The Trust will engage with whomever, and as it stands that is with GM at the moment, but there is no case of settling for what is on the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Dundalk FC Trust latest statment
    The DFC Trust would like to thank everybody for their support, encouragement and patience over the past weeks.

We are still positively engaged in talks with Gerry Matthews and the board and continue to receive legal and financial advice on all aspects of the club.

We are hopeful that all the uncertainty surrounding the club will end this week.

The DFC Trust are also meeting with Kevin Rye of Supporters Direct on Tuesday. Kevin is the Development Manager of Supporters’ Direct and has helped many Trust organisations in the UK and Ireland.
    Delighted with the Supporter' Direct link-up.
    In the Trust we Trust.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Does this week mean next week then? Or by Sunday? While I feel the Supporters Direct organisation has been very positive in many aspects, isn't it surely better for an Irish way to take hold (cue gags galore).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Does this week mean next week then? Or by Sunday? While I feel the Supporters Direct organisation has been very positive in many aspects, isn't it surely better for an Irish way to take hold (cue gags galore).
    I for one am glad that the Trust are not rushing into making statments or glib promises on this.You know sometimes silence is golden Spud !
    If the help of supporters direct is no good then so be it,but they(the Trust) can't be seen to have left a stone unturned.
    The facts remain the same though,the fans are going to have to get behind the club sooner rather than later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Maybe something is happening behind the scenes, as the club had a colour add in the Indo football section today for the manager vacancy, but interestingly its was for 'the 2012 season', another short term deal..............also not sure why they advertised in the paper, surely anyone going for any LOI job will contact the club direct, and not from seeing an add in a paper.

Rumours suggest the budget wont be too different to 2011, so maybe if someone decent came in, he could work it a little better than 6th and 7th place finishing by Foster. When I think of it, he really fxxed up his opportunities, was handed a euro spot in his first season, very well paid package (prob only 2 or 3 managers better paid) decent crowds at the start and middle of each year, ground improvements made, top class training facilities, and still he couldnt improve the team.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    DFC Trust will not be taking over the club.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    DFC Trust will not be taking over the club.
    Disappointing. But the main thing for now is that they don't get suckered into giving over money to the club with no guarantee of control/ shares, as other trusts have been.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Why am I not surprised? I know the claims of the Trust to knowing what they were at was with good intentions, but until the club go bang, they won't get in there. I'm fearing the Cork scenario, especially now that one certain messer is putting it around that he's a favourite to take over. Not good, not good at all.

edit: The only option for the Trust is to withdraw support for the club en masse, build up a war chest and wait for DFC Ltd to go, then step in like FORAS (start getting a licence in order) and begin from the 1st division. I'm certain the Casey's will co-operate.
    Last edited by Spudulika; 15/11/2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: option

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I know the claims of the Trust to knowing what they were at was with good intentions, but until the club go bang, they won't get in there.
    I don't see what the trust has done wrong - they entered negotiations, it didn't work out.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I don't see what the trust has done wrong - they entered negotiations, it didn't work out.
    To enter at all Macy - to allow themselves be played. It's like Roy Keane going into a new club, you're just waiting for the inevitable crushing end. So much has yet to come out of this mess that it's just frightening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    So why not get involved yourself and see how you can help
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    To enter at all Macy - to allow themselves be played. It's like Roy Keane going into a new club, you're just waiting for the inevitable crushing end. So much has yet to come out of this mess that it's just frightening.
    I just don't see it. The club is for sale, a supporters trust would be nuts not to at least investigate taking control. It costs nothing to talk.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    So why not get involved yourself and see how you can help
    Did, so I'm speaking from what I know.

Macy, in principle yes, completely - kick the tyres, do the homework etc, but the dogs in the street knew there was so much going on and my single fear is that the Trust have damaged trust in giving any air to the situation. What FORAS did, but a more extreme action, could still work. It's just lost in rhetoric now.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Macy, in principle yes, completely - kick the tyres, do the homework etc, but the dogs in the street knew there was so much going on and my single fear is that the Trust have damaged trust in giving any air to the situation. What FORAS did, but a more extreme action, could still work. It's just lost in rhetoric now.
    The Trust would be damaged if they didn't investigate it. Could you imagine the spin if the club went under and the Trust had refused to engage? I think FORAS did at least attempt to talk to TNB as well, but nothing that the has happened in Dundalk prevents them taking a similar course if it's required in the future. It actually strengthens their hand imo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    The Trust would be damaged if they didn't investigate it. Could you imagine the spin if the club went under and the Trust had refused to engage? I think FORAS did at least attempt to talk to TNB as well, but nothing that the has happened in Dundalk prevents them taking a similar course if it's required in the future. It actually strengthens their hand imo.
    I don't want to think about the spin that would have emerged - but it's going to damage them as there has been so much going on in the background. Most of the crap that has been emerging came out with the private groups going in and asking questions, however I just hope there's a club there come this time next year. I've seen some of the figures that are emerging and they're not nice. I hope you're right Macy, I really hope it strengthens what they can do, I just have my doubts in Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Showdown meeting in OP on Monday ??

Dundalk FC will host a Supporter Information Night in the Reilly Suite (YDC Bar) on Monday night, 21 November, at 8pm.
    The meeting is intended to inform supporters of the plans and updates for the 2012 season, along with more information on the process of transfer to a Community-Owned model next year.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/important-s...ight-on-monday

Let's hope so!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Showdown meeting in OP on Monday ??

http://www.dundalkfc.com/important-s...ight-on-monday

Let's hope so!!
    More bluff and bluster I fear - GM has been draining cash out of the club since his business went into trouble a couple of years ago

He is delusional in that he is holding out for the money he 'invested' in the farcical YDC (a private investment). Either that or he wants to hand over ownership to the 'people of Dundalk' via his own 'supporters club" who will no doubt keep him in the lifestyle that he has become accustomed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Some people in Dundalk need to realise that GM doesn't have to disclose anything about the club. It is a privately owned company. They also need to look back at where the club was when he took over. Why not give him a chance. He has been receiving a lot of flack from keyboard warriors. Go to the meeting. He may just be genuine.

Some also have issues with him not being a football person. They didn't have these reservations when he rescued the club. He stated that it was a personal challenge in running the club. There is no way he could be making any significant money from a LOI club.

The camp that supported the take over need to have a hard look at themselves and the damage they have done to the club and themselves. They started posing on Oriel Web about the negotiations. Making some wild allegations without having the evidence to back them up. Personally I'm glad that their negotiations failed. It looks like they would have made a complete f-up of things and would be attempting to take loads of money out of the club as it was an investment.

As for the trust. While they certainly have the best interests of the club. Unfortunately I don't think they have the ability to run the club themselves as the support from the town is not there and is obvious from the patron scheme that the money will be difficult to come by.

Before anyone slates me for this post...I have no affiliations to any of the 3 parties involved over the last while. However, I do have the best interests of the club at heart and also an open mind.
    Last edited by GCdfc; 21/11/2011 at 7:19 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast